Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

interior

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interior
    Posted: January-18-2006 at 2:03pm
I am trying to restore the inside of a 79 ski nautique and I was wondering if anyone had a few pics of the inside of one. I bought mine with a custom paint job of blue yellow and white. It also has a completely rebuilt 302 engine painted blue. So the only problem with the boat is the inside. The first thing is that the tape player was taken out, which I am goin to replace with a CD player. I do not know where I should mount the speakers for that though. Also the boat came with crappy driver and passenger seats that cost like $20. I found a captain seat that I am going to put in the drivers seat, but I have looked at a few places and not been able to find passenger bench seat(if they even were in the boat), and was wondering if anyone had a link to someone who sold them or just knew where I could buy one. Thanks for your help.
74 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 2:29pm
look in the diary section and you can look at a 1975-1981 and they are all basicly the same interior.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 8:34am
If you are not a fanatic about originality, you might want to look at the Martiniques of the same era as they had a nicer interior than the Ski's (both had same hull).
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:10am
If you wanted to return it to orginal style interior call Mid-West Correct Craft and you can get the brackets and mounts for the front two seats and order the skins and foam for everything else. You'll have to use the skins for the front seats as a template to cut out the wood for the bottoms and backs. For the drivers seat they are both the same.

Now if your not worry about going back to Org. then some have made real nice rear seats that have some storage to them and you could mount speakers as well. Just make a box frame add some hinges and uploster it.
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 8:38pm
alright, thanks 79, I'm goin to try to look them up and see if I can get the brackets for the front seats, and then hopefully the templates wont be that hard to cut out and form outta the skins.

Do you also happen to know of any other place that would be more towards new england that would do the same thing that I might be able to go to the shop and have them make a seat for me. If not ill just look them up and see what I can get.

Also with the rear seats are they made at the same place as the hinges for the front seats?
74 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:27pm
need pics of a 79 ?

Here is mine that i sold last fall.

And here is the web address to as many pics as you need.Good luck.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v97/ultrahots/Nautique/?start=all
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 6:27am
Hey thanks alot for those pics ultra that going to be really helpful for putting this thing back together.

For that shelf/pocket that runs along the sides do u know if there is someplace I can buy them or do I have to make them?
74 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 6:40am
The support for the shelfs is glassed to the side of the boat and then the inside panel is screwed on. I have the carpet out of mine right now so I'll take a few pics of how they are made this weekend and post for ya. Shouldn't be a big deal to make them up.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 6:51am
Thanks 81!
74 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 11:01am
Here you go Luke,

Not very pretty right now but I'm getting there.

I think that's a pretty easy job to add them. I would suggest getting a sanding disk attachment for a drill and use maybe a 40 grit disk to scuff up the old glass so you get a good surface to work with. Good luck
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 12:19pm
Terry Have always liked that boat. Can't imagine why you would sell that beauty...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 2:50pm
I agree Jbear, That windshield and the simple graphics make that one of my favorites. They changed both of those items on the 80 as you know and it's quite a different look. Happy with my 81 but there may be one of those in my future somewhere.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 5:33pm
Alan; My first C/C was a yellow '78. Loved that window in the front that opened. Just had to watch those "bow shots", would make for a wet lap if you turned back to quick. Those large graphics were also my favorite. Love your "81. The white dash and silver windshield frame really look good. I had an '81 also but not a special one like yours. Wrecked it into some rocks on the bay. Almost threw Mrs. jbear out of the boat. Cut up her foot real bad. She had to cross the stage for her teaching degree the next week in one dress shoe and one cruch. But she was a good sport as usual......john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic