Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Late ’60’s green color

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late ’60’s green color
    Posted: October-09-2008 at 7:29pm
I've seen lots of original colors of CC gel-coat on the fantastic boats that this website offers...though I have yet to see my favorite shade of yellow-green which was a hull color option from '68 thru '70(?). The '68 brochure lists the colors but there are 2 greens--autumn and fern--anyone know if the lighter shade was fern or autumn?...and more importantly, any pix of that color?
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 7:47pm
By your description, Id guess youre talking about Inca Gold, like my Skier. More pics in my diary.

Or are you talking about the lighter green, like Gary's Mustang? Im not sure what color its called.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 8:05pm
Tim, having a senior moment? You were the last to reply in This Thread

I think this is one of the colors he's talking about.

BTW Keith/Brad, this diary entry is "sky lark", so when looking up "skylark" (one word) it doesn't show.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 11:36pm
Fern is the light green color. Read this thread thru for some color clarity.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10595&KW=fern
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 1:14am
Some input, in 1967 they had a color called:

Seafoam Green

But, I did not find any color photo's to post the color.

Maybe someone can help find one.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 2:06am
Seafoam green was much lighter than the autumn/fern/pea/aztec gold.... discussed above.

(this one is my brothers)

Seems it was mostly skylarks that came in the seafoam
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 2:14am
Yes, the skylarks did have that option of color.

I just wanted to throw the color out as well.

Man, that's what I call fast service, 75 Tique
nice photo's.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 2:34am
This is a '71 Skier.
Tim D
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 9:47am
in the 70's thay had a green and it was called institute green lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Tim, having a senior moment?

Nope, not at all!

Originally posted by skyfuzz skyfuzz wrote:

I have yet to see my favorite shade of yellow-green... anyone know if the lighter shade was fern or autumn?

Unless Im mistaken, skyfuzz was the previous owner of Peter's Skylark that you posted above. Since he said he has yet to see a boat with the gel color in question, I assumed he was talking about one of the lighter shades that I posted above.

Reid, nice catch- maybe youre right. Would this be Fern?

It looks kind of similar to the Freeport that you posted in the other thread:

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by skyfuzz skyfuzz wrote:

I have yet to see my favorite shade of yellow-green which was a hull color option from '68 thru '70(?).

I guess I was having a senior moment, didn't see the "yellow". I would say that is the Inca gold then. AND I was quite confused because I thought skyfuzz did own that green Skylark but then remembered it now belonged to Peter1234.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:35am
You two gotta go easy on the "senior moments"...those kinda things are reserved for guys like me and Larry H.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 11:55pm
I would like to see the green bruce and i saw when we looked at in new hampshire the boat was crushed but was the coolest green i have ever seen , almost a dark mint green
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 3:09am
I did own peter1234's '68 Skylark from '95 thru '07. When I first bought it I wrote CC in Orlando to find out any info on the boat. I got a reply and was told exactly when my boat was built, down to the day! However, I did not ask what the official color was. My current '70 Barracuda was also that darker green shade. It is now a dark blue(not my doing). You can see the green in the gouges and scrapes in the gelcoat. This past summer I put new white pinstriping on the hull. Well, after about 4 days it unglued on the starboard side and transom so I just peeled it off in disgust. It completely took the dark blue paint off with it! That's why my posting pix are of the port-side view only--for some reason the port side remained intact. Here's a pic of my work! I really hope to get it repainted at some point and that '71 Skier is the closest to the yellow-green I'm looking for--nice color! Peter1234: I'm curious to know about repainting your Skylark. Since both are boats are up in NH. Who will do the work, the cost, etc...       
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 10:01am
My Mustang is seafoam green. Camp O-At-Ka on Sebago Lake also had a seafoam green Mustang that they bought new from Sebago Lake Marine back in the late 60's.

Here's the crushed Skylark.

skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 10:37pm
Wonder what happened to it...darn shame for sure...now that color must be the green shade called "Jade Green" CC used in '66 or '67. So many greens!! So far--Turquoise, Jade, Seafoam, Fern, Autumn...Camp Robin Hood on Ossipee Lake, NH had a Jade green Skylark they used from '66/'67 to sometime in the mid eighties. They got rid of it and some lady bought it about 4 or 5 years ago and had it fixed up real nice by the guy who takes care of my Barracuda but I haven't seen it on the lake since. I hope that's not it in the pix!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 10:53pm
That's the one. The building it was in collapsed last winter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic