NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slalom Course at GL

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slalom Course at GL
    Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:24pm
Am I bringing the slalom course up to GL? Do we have a spot to deploy it? Not to sound like a total ass but it is a pretty big hassle to bring it if we don't use it. It takes up half the boat with PVC, anchors, buoy bags, and rope. I'm MORE THAN HAPPY to bring it but I want to make sure we get a chance to use it if that's the case. We could probably toss it into Norwegian bay somewhere but with GL lake traffic it would have to be very early AM. Thoughts? Suggestions? I don't care either way.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:33pm
Joel,
I'm really appreciate the offer and do understand that it's a lot of work, especially if we don't end up using it.

I would do my best to try to use it while there. As you know, we also try to barefoot in the mornings.

I'm going to be speaking with the Sheriff and Warden next week to see what the options are for Norwegian Bay. It would be great to use it while we hangout on the sandbar during the day on Saturday. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:48pm
Keith, that would be sweet. I know there's a bay on the other side of the lake as well that used to have a course but I think it's a haul to get there from NB. Maybe we could have a temporary no-wake restriction on the bay or something. That time we went out slalom skiing in NB we had probably the biggest waves I've ever skied in! IIRC that was around 9-10 AM or so.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:53pm
Seriously I don't see where you'd deploy a course in Norwegian bay. I can't imagine them letting you run behind the reeds. That would be fun but probably not realistic as soon as a few boats show up your done.

There are plenty of other spots depending on wind and last year there was a permanent course in place down on the far south/east corner right next to the park. I didn't see anyone from the lake use it the entire weekend.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 2:01pm
Oh, if there's a permanent course than that's even better.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 2:06pm
I'll get all the details on our options, the permanent course, etc. from the Warden next week.

-Keith      
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 2:50pm
Joel, Alan is right, NB is the last place to drop a course in. If you plan to do this early am, the best place to ski is in the South bay, directly across from the Heidle House. The main thing objective is to get out of the wind. This bay is a 2 minute shot from the main pier or a 5 second shot from the East public launch.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 3:57pm
I've NEVER seen reasonable skiing water over by that permanent course, although haven't really checked it out early in the a.m.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 5:11pm
IIRC The past 2 yrs the wind was always consistently out of the west, the only reasonable water we found was on the west end of the lake and even that was marginal at best. The best water I saw all weekend was in NB on the opposite side of the reeds which sounds to be a non option, we did not even try to ski there in the AM out of concerns with shallow water.
It will be interesting to see what Keith finds out with the Sheriff however.

On Saturday afternoon I was hoping to perhaps do some multi-person BF passes like last year and also build some pyramids, maybe even some Hydrofoil sets as well, plus we need to create a boat with skier(s) race or competition.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 6:48pm
Chris,
If it's a hot weekend, that wind comes up the entire length of the lake from Southwest to Northeast, like it did the first year. If it's colder, then yes straight out of the West and North...

If you ski near the all glass front condos across from Heidle, the bay hooks in back South blocking all of that wind no matter what..

There are better spots down on the far South end, but closer to the main ramp this is your best alternative...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Thoughts? Suggestions? I don't care either way.

As long as it doesn't interfere with my kneeboarding, I'll try it.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 8:02pm
We used to ski behind the reeds all the time 15 years ago. I don't know if they changed the rules of if they are now just starting to enforce them.

It has gotten a lot busier at the deep and shallow sand bar. But before 10:00, there usually is nobody there. When it is busy, I wouldn't do it even if it is allowed.

There is a 5' to 6' trough back there where you should be fine, but scope out yourself and use your best judgment.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 9:09pm
This skiing junk isn't going to conflict with the tubing is it ???
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

This skiing junk isn't going to conflict with the tubing is it ???

Not at all. Moj has setup a deal and secured a special tubers only area. The GL sanitation dept, was very happy to let them use one of their Aeration ponds.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 12:40am
Great Pete I'll feel like I'm back home on the Fox. Did you get my PM message?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 12:58am

Great Pete I'll feel like I'm back home on the Fox. Did you get my PM message?

Gary, PM's come through to my work email so I just signed on and got your message. Thanks for thinking of me. I actually did a internet search and did find some. I didn't order any because the shipping due to the weight was a killer. Wow, Looking forward to it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 10:33am

Great Pete I'll feel like I'm back home on the Fox.

Gary, Are you below the dam at Port Edwards? Our Blackhawk ACBS chapter is having it's annual Father's day cruise from 176 (Turn Key Classics) down to Port Edwards and back after eating. I've done it several times and am thinking about it again. I'd stop and say hello but of coarse that depends on which side of the dam you're on!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 1:44pm
Yes Pete,I'm 1 mile up river from Port Ed's,on the east side.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 9:29pm
Gary, My going on the cruise is up in the air at this point. If I do go, I'll make sure you'll be around. It would be nice to stop at meet you. If not, GL isn't that far away! Don't stay home on the 22nd just because I may be going.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
85nautiquematt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85nautiquematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 7:50pm
Please bring the course - I can't wait for teh reunion weekend... I'd like to hit 25 off at 34 MPH - yee haw. "85"
Nothin like the sound of a mid 80's Nautique at mid throttle.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 11:03pm
If Joel brings the course, I'll run it for sure; on the shot-ski! But that's only after I run thru it on the SkiScat, then the Super SkiScat, then the old EP Comp X2, which I still ski on. But unlike Matt above, I want 25 "on" at 28, and reeeeally calm water.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic