NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

540 or 542

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 540 or 542
    Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:32pm
Currently there is a thread on the 2001 regarding the correct prop choice. The poster of the original question has stated that he skis, boards and tubes. He questioned if he needed the Acme 540 or 542. Considering his tubing, I did recommend a new prop from Acme. I thought I'd tell everyone about it here too. The Acme 8791 is just out R&D so there is very little info on it. The prop will put the tubers engine into the correct RPM range that is required for the max tubing experience. This engine RPM is what every tuber deserves. I understand that the hole shot is unbelievable. I was lucky enough to get a picture of the Acme 8791.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:25pm
PERFECT!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:31pm
Pete, I thought ACME's new Tube Series props were 5 blades? Extreme to the max!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:56pm
Kevin, Acme did some experimenting with the 5 blade shown but the revs weren't high enough for the desired effect.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 10:02pm
ROFL!!!

Thanks Pete...needed a smile!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 10:16pm
Thanks for the info Pete. Tube technology is exploding these days it's hard to keep up.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 11:00pm
isnt a tube for sitting on when you have hemmoroids? and guy's like to get pulled around on one of those????
"the things you own will start to own you"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:38am
Link this info to the tazman7 new guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:11am
I'm thinking of getting into tubin' and I believe that 5 blade Acme is THE setup I need for a bacerds ? runnin 900hp,95mph destroked 302 with dual speedo pickups, Correct Craft Tube Tique
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 5:07am
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 5:10am
ROFLMAO...!!!!! (as shown in post here just above...)
Once again Pete, you successfully made a thread that gave me bellyache from laughing...

Gary,

At what price do the Tube Tiques go these days? Maybe ought to buy me one, as long as the dollar is still low...

Can they be converted to propane...?

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:15am
Kristof...I really like your new signature line!!!   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:18am
Thanks Greg...

Tought it was apropriate for an army guy

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:29am
Im still trying to figure out his other sig line about intelligent life
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 10:51am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Link this info to the tazman7 new guy.

john

John, I think the "taz" is a "lost cause"!! At least his dad foots.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Im still trying to figure out his other sig line about intelligent life

Well there you go... that's why they don't contact us...

MarineTech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 11:41am
Well, I've planned all along to introduce this at a local boat show but y'all deserve a sneak preview.
I developed this for a modified Nautique, the Ford engine simply drives a large generator to supply current to the prop, which is attached to a stationary shaft...should REVOLUTIONIZE boating. Whaddya think?

Ken
Retired with MUCH too much spare time
Projects

Luchog wrote:   "Anyway, you're full of s79t"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:16pm
Ken, I think you're on to something as long as you can limit the sale to the tubers only.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Ken, I think you're on to something as long as you can limit the sale to the tubers only.

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, this is the only way it's available....the latest incorrect craft:

Projects

shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 3:17pm
In Tennessee tubing = floating down the river with a six pack of beer tied to a rope.

shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 4:57pm

can you put a tube behind this?

Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 6:45pm
"Incorrect Craft"

That's just wrong!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:43pm
Ken, where did you get a picture of my boat?
Kristof, funny you should ask,it's diesel powered and I'm using old french fry oil for fuel. And thats why I need that 5 blade prop.The tubers smelling that oil all afternoon are going to McDonalds and putting on some extra pounds making the Tube Tique work a little harder.
You guy's who want a TT better get one now before tubing catches on,the prices are sure to skyrocket!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Ken, where did you get a picture of my boat?

Gary.........You never said not to let anyone know you sold one of 'em already.....just thought I'd advertise for you a bit, sorry!
Ken
Projects

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 12:59am
Ken your fitting right in. I am mad at you tho for tipping my hand,I was going to corner the market on them.They make good trolling boats too,you use that tube like a big bobber
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 1:01am
Hey Gary: How ya been? Thread jacked on another thread to you a night ago but can't remember where. Hows the weather? Been gettin' any OT?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 1:08am
Been raining all day and cold high 30's I believe.Just got back from the Keys visiting my Dad,I waved as I flew over,did you see me?I was on the only American Airlines plane that took off.Sometime when I get this work thing out of the way, I'm comming down. That St. Johns trip looks like fun.Other than the tap I've never seen fresh water so clear.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 1:24am
You had ta be on the only American flying. Thought I seen a flash from above.

Soon as you get this work stuff done I expect to see ya here.

St. Johns trip was way to cool. Fast boats, a super place to visit plus met a great new friend Adam, has a boat like yours I think execpt that its pink. Water is awesome clear.

hope your Keys visit was good. Rain and the 30's=money from the sky!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic