Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop price

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop price
    Posted: February-29-2008 at 6:15pm
I just got two quotes for an acme 540 prop for our 83 nautique and 86 nautique from Delta and Acme.

the quotes were 100 dollars apart with Delta to the good.

Is this too good to be true?

I have heard all the great complements about delta from all of you...i see why now!!

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 6:23pm
Not too good to be true, in order to sign up distributors, manufacturers usually are required to only sell product direct at manufacturers suggested retail prices otherwise distributors would do all the work on the sell and then people would be able to go around them and buy cheaper direct. With low overhead internet/catalog retailers it is often a big difference in price. A cam from comp cams is on average 100 dollars more than a comp cam from summit... anyway its not good to assume you can save money by cutting out the middleman sometimes. Did you get the site discount from delta?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 2:36pm
308.75 shipped from Delta. Acme 470, bought it last year. As I remember SDIM was more, which is who I usually buy stuff from.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 3:06pm
wholesale price is about $250.00 and what i paid for 470 a couple years ago
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 10:04pm
shawnmc,
Not sure if your quotes included the discount offered through this site but if not, make sure to use the discount code DP5CCF08, for Delta, and CCF for SKIDIM.com, to receive 10% off.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 10:55am
Last time I priced a 540 from Delta it was $325.00.Thats without the discount and I live close enough to drive and get the prop so I don't have to worry about shipping.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 9:04pm
just called delta and they told me 355 with the discount. My local nautique dealer quoted 341
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 9:55pm
Acme props prices have raised this year.

I still feel the need for a 542!!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2008 at 8:40am
I would bet it's simply that raw materials cost are going through the roof. If you're not in a hurry I would watch the for sales here and ebay for a used one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic