Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glenwood header?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
CJ Bech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Bech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glenwood header?
    Posted: February-29-2008 at 2:11am
I was wondering about putting some Glenwood headers on my chevy ,the old cast manifolds are about dead,are these any good? i have herd they are the best,any other wet headers out there?,thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 12:49pm
Lots of options for Chevies. What are your goals, and what do you want to spend?
CJ Bech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Bech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:14pm
I know where a pair of GW headers for sale,w/risers they want $400,looked on the GW site and headers w/riser are about $1200,is there alot of gain in useing them,seems like it would breath better,they seem like a good deal?,any feedback would be great,also my 69 SN has a 225 chrysler,and would like to put some wet headers on it, but can't find any,thanks
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:21pm
Edie Marine make them also, price is up there though.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:44pm
barr marine manifolds for the 318, 225 HP

CJ, Unless you are planning on other engine mods,I don't feel the gains with a header type manifold would be worth it. The cast iron is certainly a less expensive way to go.

Of coarse, the $400 doesn't sound bad IF they are in good condition. Watch out on the aluminum!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:52pm
im with you Pete, spend the money on some cast, there is no revelation when you slap aluminum headers on these engines, it probably will make the engine a little more crispy but for the dollar there are better ways top gain HP, a simple intake change from stock will gain you as much HP, It depends what your intentions are and how deep your pockets are.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:05pm
They do look very pretty though!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:09pm
not with the cover closed,
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:11pm
When Indmar added the EXTs to their existing line up, they claimed an increase in hp of 5%.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:12pm
CJ, save your pennys , the Hi Teks will give you more bang but will cost more buck.
The Stainless Steel construction will mean you only but one set.There is a hp increase with this bolt on, but cost per HP is large.
But the polished ones sure do look good............Boat dr

I do not regret my purchase...........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:15pm
1200.00 for a 5%increase?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:22pm
Seeing that would only be 5hp for my Interceptor, that is a little pricey for me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:28pm
BD combs his hair in that mirror finish,
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 2:53pm
eric.......WRONG...... i don't have any hair.
I wish I could have bought them for 1200.00.lOOKING BACK IT WAS A GOOD PURCHASE, SAVED a lot of weight......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 3:05pm
Eric, The Doc is being honest! I've met him in person and if I had to describe the style of what hair he does have, I'd have to say it is a RN crew cut!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 3:12pm
Eric, if I hit the lottery tonight, and decide to spend about $10k getting my Interceptor up to 150hp, is the Dearbo going to handle it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 3:54pm
BD i said hair which means singular,
Riley...dont push it, I dont know much history on these because of the rarity of them, if it was a Borg i could build you one to take around 800 ponies
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 4:15pm
Well then I guess if I hit it big I will be converting to a borg and maybe one of those high reving 283's.

If I was going to ever convert to a V8, I'd have to cut new exhaust holes in the transom, which wouldn't be a problem as there are already reinforced spots on the transome, but how difficult would it be to fill the existing exhaust hole and gel coat it over?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 4:18pm
pretty easy, plug with wood, glass the backside, duraglass the front and finish then paint
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 4:33pm
Something to think about for the long term. The hull and gel on the boat are really nice. Hopefully, my current engine and tranny will work fine, but if I ever got to the point where I had to dump a significant amount of money into them, I'd rather convert to a V8 and velvet drive. But I hope I don't get to that point until everything else is done.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 5:29pm
Bruce, Go and get the parts for the HP. Stroke/bore it to the next size which was 200 C.I. and push it to the 170 to 180 HP range. First I trust Eric and second it wasn't until they put the Dearbo on the 312 with 215 HP that they started having issues.

If you are serious about a V8, I would keep your eyes open for a nice vintage 289 Interceptor with a Velvet. It should fit under you dog house and they aren't a problem to rebuild. You of coarse would then need to join the Mustang/American skier group of speed freaks!! A stroked small block Ford with 289 tags on it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 5:38pm
Eric, Pete says we're ok.

Pete, I'll be happy with the current set up if it runs well without me sinking a boat load of money into it. I hear a reman. 200 short block is the least expensive way to go for upgrading a 170.

If I got to throw a lot of money at something, I'd rather do it at a set up I like. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

BD combs his hair in that mirror finish,

Speaking of hair, where has Jbear been??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
CJ Bech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Bech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2008 at 11:16am
Thanks for the info,i will buy them if they test ok,what intake would work good with these?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:18am
Been up in Ohio Pete....thanks for missing me.

Was jones'in to get back on here with you guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:39am
Welcome home jbear, late night?
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:58am
Yeah...just got on an hour ago. Gotta head for the shower or I won't be able to get up for work tomorrow. Still got my phone number? I lost yours. Wanna be able to stay in touch. You're up pretty late too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 4:05am
I was just looking at the info about the GL Reunion, it would be nice, at least I can dream! I got your e-mail address, I'll send you our phone #s. Talk to you later, have a good night,
Adam
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 10:02am
John,you were in Ohio? thanks for missing me...lol   eric
Holleywood was in Ohio and he came to see me
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Holleywood was in Ohio and he came to see me

A very nice young man named "Hollywood" with a very nice looking friend by the name of Carolyn was just here in Florida weekend before last to spend some time with us. Must be some imposter that came to see you.

Actually I would have stopped but I did not have my shots or a brunstucky passport. Definatly could not chance being stopped without proper papers...did not want to end up on the chain-gang. A Strongsville native only wants to visit brunstucky (briefly) not have to stay for any lenght of time.

BTW: Nice job on MM's tranny. Ran very well and fast on the St John's river. Did ya see the pics?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic