NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 287288289290291 442>
Author
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2014 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Another Cuddy.

This thing looks like it has a big a$$.

Yikes

I think that's a San Juan, definitely not a Cuddy. I guess you can write anything on the hullsides!

Eastern edge of the Chesapeake Bay - salty too!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I think that's a San Juan, definitely not a Cuddy. I guess you can write anything on the hullsides!

Yup, Per the serial # Hull ID Number: SJ201

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2014 at 10:47am
Idk about you guys, but that boat angel girl on Ebay gives me the creeps big time. More like boat Demon.
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2014 at 8:04pm
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 1:19am
Trip . I have been watching that boat as well . Talked to the seller a couple of times and he states that buyers keep bailing on him .Kind of suspicious in my opinion but would keep an open mind . I am interested but live in Michigan . I drive O.T.R. and keep trying to get a run down there to check it out . I will post results if I do .
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 8:23pm
Thanks faceplant. Yeah it's tough being so far away! Looks like a nice boat and a good deal, but why hasn't it sold yet then?

Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 9:17pm
The seller is also a little bit short with you when asking questions . Sometimes people are their own worst enemies .
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 1:08am
Sander and Jeff, I don't know anything about that 2001 in Orlando. But, with the years rolling forward $6,900 isn't exactly a steal for a 2001, even a 1989, it's now a 25 year old boat. I'm not saying it isn't worth it, looks very nice, but I don't know if it sends up a red flag that it hasn't sold yet. Certainly could be a scam like any of these ads, who knows.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 8:40am
Yeah that '89 in Orlando has been for sale for a year now. He has dropped his price from 7500, sometimes I think I've seen it listed at 6700. Sure is clean minus the right hand side graphics are gone. I don't think it's a scam because all those pictures are definitely Orlando. Scams seem to have South FL pictures then posted in Buffalo NY with the seller being in Iowa. I like the boat and several times wanted to call the owner but seems over priced for the year and '89 isn't my personal favorite.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 1:16pm
Please show us some comparables if you think it's overpriced. Seems like a very fair buying price for what it seems to be.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Please show us some comparables if you think it's overpriced. Seems like a very fair buying price for what it seems to be.

Agreed. Every market is a little different, but that seems like a fair price on a really nice 2001. The later ones with roomy cockpits and comfy interiors do command a premium. 1.23 on the '89 is also a plus.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 2:31pm
Does it have a ton of hours on it?? Been on the market a long time, not sold, price is dropping, sure sounds like something is off.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 3:04pm
That '89 has been for sale for a long time now. Price has dropped from $7900.

Pics look like it's at the lake I frequent on a regular basis. If someone is seriously interested in it, I can go check it for ya if needed.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 3:17pm
My boat's twin is or sale in Nashville

1985 2001
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I guess you are right. I look at it from a slalom point of view. Although 2001's are my favorite style wise, for slalom skiing you'd almost have to give me one for free. Rather a '90 NWZ I'd be willing to spend more coin on for the flatter wake. But not everyone is a slalom skier, a wakeboarder probably looks at it the opposite.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 9:25pm
I like the 87 & 88 with the split windshield the best . Heard from some people that the 89 was supposedly the best year . 1:23 trans and delamination issues worked out . Wonder why they discontinued model then ?? By the way , boat has 846 hours .
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Faceplant Faceplant wrote:

Heard from some people that the 89 was supposedly the best year . Wonder why they discontinued model then ??

Art Cozier can probably fill us in with the marketing startegy, but my guess is that '89 was just a transition model - the NWZ models were already in testing. They just used the old hull design 1 more year.

As far as the boat not selling - I wonder if there is a fundamental shift in the market - people want more room (& more bling) than these older boat have.

Maybe some younger buyers (who typically buy 2001's) will jump back into the market next spring, with gas prices at bargain levels.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 10:12pm
Meh, It's the end of the year, people are waiting for tax cuts to be signed by Lord Barrack to see if we have enough $ left over to buy boats or not. Sales will pick up in March.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 12:59am
tax hikes you mean! Since I have had an '89 and '86 I definalty feels different in the water. sounds different as well because you basically have a '90 complete power train. wake does seem a bit different to me. they discontinued model because mastercraft came out with pro star had to keep up and boat ran its course after 8 years of 2001 hull.

Ive had a bunch of jokers calling me still trying to buy mine.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:10am
Depends on which end of the spectrum you are on whether it's a hike or break. I'm the one fool who might benefit.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

tax hikes you mean! Since I have had an '89 and '86 I definalty feels different in the water. sounds different as well because you basically have a '90 complete power train. wake does seem a bit different to me. they discontinued model because mastercraft came out with pro star had to keep up and boat ran its course after 8 years of 2001 hull.

Ive had a bunch of jokers calling me still trying to buy mine.

Ross, why did you decide not to sell? I'm considering putting mine on the market in the spring.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 9:56pm
What can you all tell me about this one? It looks like the doghouse is mis aligned, and there is no bar on the back to keep the rope from hitting the air intakes/vents.75 SN
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

What can you all tell me about this one? It looks like the doghouse is mis aligned, and there is no bar on the back to keep the rope from hitting the air intakes/vents.75 SN

Work has been done to the hull but what's not know to what extent. Gel? Buff? Paint? So maybe the bar just not been installed. Non original swim platform. 2x4 under the dog house so god only knows what he's done to the engine! Floor replaced only - what about the stringers?? Carpet - original type??

More info is needed and a actual inspection would be the best.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

That looks like an interesting boat to me for $2500. Pete, that 2x4 maybe there for ventilation. I do that to all of our boats. It may not have had the clearance bar. Easy to tell by looking for screw holes. I'd be checking that boat out if it were in my area!
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:17pm
yeah 2x4 for ventilation, we've done that forever. Doesn't look bad for the price, worth checking into.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:50pm
Extra ventilation with propping up the dog house? Wow, you guys had better check your cooling systems.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:56pm
I am going tomorrow. The fellow has had the boat since 90 and he was a Cypress Gardens skier waaay back. Seemed like a straight shooter. He said the stringers were done at the same time as the floor.
So Hollywood, or any of the other team skiers, how would this do as a practice boat for the ski team. We are a show team, so I was thinking of a fly high pole with a release a little higher on the pole than where the eye sits now. I know its not perfect, but dollar for dollar, it looks like cheap performance.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Extra ventilation with propping up the dog house? Wow, you guys had better check your cooling systems.

I think they are talking about static ventilation when the boat is stored Pete.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 11:19pm
This one idiot kept calling me at odd hours of the day and night, he was a moron. I didnt even want to mess with it anymore. bunch of tire kicking jokers.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That looks like an interesting boat to me for $2500.   I'd be checking that boat out if it were in my area!

Man if the stringers have been replaced and the boat runs how can that not be worth $2500. Someone needs to go see that boat in person.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 287288289290291 442>
  Share Topic