Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

winter mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter mods
    Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:00am
..its that time for some of us guys on here to winterize our toys again. im sure they will be plent of time that will be spent on cleaning/wrenching/upgrading/our ships.what is on your "winter to do list"??
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:38am
New shaft
Replace Cutlass Bearing
Replace Impeller
Replace belts
New plugs and wires.
Rebuild or replace transmission.

Next year it gets a new floor and motor rebuild.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:22pm
Thought this was a good thread till I started my list, now its making my wallet hurt thinking about it. Looks like the 67 wont get much attention this winter.

Wash/Wax/Winterize
Replace Bent Front Fin
New Cutlass Bearing
Replace Raw Water pump
New Shaft and Rudder Packing
Add New Dimension Tower with Racks/Speakers/Amp
Remove/sendback under warranty/reinstall stereo head unit.
Remove x-pole and cut pylon, replace with stock ring and finger pylon
Replace/Recut covers to Match tower
Paint Exhaust Manifolds
Cut to length and Install New Spark Plug Wires
Repair/ Replace Wood in Drivers Seat Back
Convert to 1:23 transmission, replace mounts, propeller, shaft, etc as needed.
Upgrade Fuel Pump to Holley High Flow electric with Regulator
Recurve, and upgrade or replace DUI, needs more initial timing, needs ability to retard timing 4 degrees on demand.
Source and install New Spark Arrestor
Fill Hole in Gunnel from previous stereo installation
Reinstall fuel filter/separator
Source/install replacement sea strainer
Do Something about the big plywood box over my engine.

-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 2:58pm
Im way ahead of you guys, started removing the decals for a paint job and removing bottem paint, waiting to pull interior for the dutchies, probably pull the drive for some tlc'n
"the things you own will start to own you"
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 4:08pm
Seek out a Mid 90's SN so I can take my time on the 80!!
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 7:27pm
Not sure yet, have to look at the fundage available for projects then figure out which ones need to be done right now and which can wait. I will get back to this.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 8:44pm
damn joe- looks like your gonna be one busy man this winter..better have some deep pockets for all those upgrades..hopefully santa treats you real real good this year!
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 11:54pm
Ryan-

The only thing you should be doing is buying a boat lift.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:01am
Winter mods? We ski in the winter....no time for "mods"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:07am
Joe,

Want to sell that cut pylon with the extension?

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:10am
Thread jack; sorry.

Mike; Had a senior moment...should've known you'd want the thickness.....of the swim platform guys...will get it to you in a few days. No time to run out to the boat and we are leaving for a long weekend up at Norris tomorrow.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:15am
Hi John,

No problem - I have the template almost finished. Glad to see you back onboard.

Mike

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:17am
Man am I glad to be back on here!

All I had for a week was tv!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

damn joe- looks like your gonna be one busy man this winter..better have some deep pockets for all those upgrades..hopefully santa treats you real real good this year!

What Santa could bring me is some nice heated workspace, and a little less work travel, and an injury free year and all would be well. As for buying parts the trick is to never ever add up the money you have into a boat.

Originally posted by 69 Mustang 69 Mustang wrote:

Joe,

Want to sell that cut pylon with the extension?

Mike

Yep,
   Would have listed it here after it is actually removed but I am still skiing on it as of now. If its for a 69 mustang you might be more interested in my extra flite pipe which clamps onto the stock pylon instead of sliding over the top. Let me know what you are trying to do, I have so many old parts I am never going to use at this point I have no room to work.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
85nautiquematt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85nautiquematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 3:18pm
Taking the old carpet out of my 85 SN and installing new after I do some research first.
Painting the trailer before the snow flys here in WI - I'm not really down too bad with heat in the man cave, I can still do some detailing. 85 See ya on Green Lake in 08.
Nothin like the sound of a mid 80's Nautique at mid throttle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 3:32pm
Hi Joe,

I'll be using it for the 78 SkiTique. I have a FlitePipe and I like it, but the lower clamp block and the doghouse do not always get along well.

I'd love to get yours since yours is already cut, and I don't have the heart to cut mine. Swapping them out would give me a cleaner install.

Hope we can work something out.

Thanks,
Mike

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 5:48pm
Mike,
   Send me an email at jhf6659 at yahoo do t com and we can talk and see if it will work for you..
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 9:37pm
I plan on adding some more horse power, around 50 to 70, so (bye bye) Reid and boat dr.

new- heads
new- cam
715 holly carb
under drive pulleys
fluid dampner
install-my edelbrock manifolds
new-steering wheel
install-my stereo
new-gauges
Im sure I will think of a few more!    
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 11:35am
Thanks to the sharp eyes of a couple of ccfans they alerted me of a deluxe trailer I've been trying to find for the last 2 years.

Was able to put a deal together and get it home yesterday. The boats already up on blocks and The trailer will get stripped this weekend and off to the sandblasters. The fiberglass will get paint in the meantime.

Should be a nice addition to the 81 when done. Thanks Dave & Steve for the heads up.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 1:41am
Way cool trailer Alan...had one of those under my first boat...a yellow '79. Always got lots of comments.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 8:33am
Alan, I love the trailer and know how hard they are to find. I don't think there were many made with the fiberglass pans. The trailer I have for my Dunphy was originally the delux with the pan. It however was jack knifed which pretty much destroyed the fiberglass. I wish I went through the effort to repair it but at the time guess I wasn't thinking! Looking forward to seeing the end result.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 11:12am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Should be a nice addition to the 81 when done.

Great news Alan- that beautiful boat deserves a trailer to match. I cant think of a boat more worthy of a rare deluxe.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 11:23am
Alan,

Was that the trailer under that boat in St. Charles? If so How did you manage that deal? You will like the deluxe trailer, when you throttle off it will almost lift the boat off the bunks from the prop wash. IIRC mine had carpeting along the bottom center of the pan, bought the boat from the original owner so my guess is that is how it came from the factory. Looking forward to seeing your setup once the restore is completed. Congrats and good luck!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Alan,

Was that the trailer under that boat in St. Charles? If so How did you manage that deal? You will like the deluxe trailer, when you throttle off it will almost lift the boat off the bunks from the prop wash. IIRC mine had carpeting along the bottom center of the pan, bought the boat from the original owner so my guess is that is how it came from the factory. Looking forward to seeing your setup once the restore is completed. Congrats and good luck!!

Thanks All,

CQ, yes it was the one from St. Charles. I intended on buying the whole rig , swap trailers and sell the rig quickly but the boat is so bad I didn't want to get into a restore job. He was asking too much money to turn it without costing me a ton of money and time.

I just made him an offer to swap trailers with me and a little cash.   He actually got a good deal because my trailer had all new tires , bearings, bunk carpet, etc. This ones almost as rough as the boat so I almost hated to do it but it will look great once it's done and I have a fairly easy winter project to keep me busy now.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 12:47pm
I'm gonna work my ass of all winter, and dream about the snow melting off my boats next spring so I can play and relax again. I'm planning on adding Perfect Pass to the 94 in the spring.
Work to live, not live to work.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by 79Tique 79Tique wrote:

I'm planning on adding Perfect Pass to the 94 in the spring.

Still by far the best mod I have made to date in terms of increasing the fun I have on the boat is the perfect pass. Might not be as important to those who have a significant other that can make a steady pull and stick mostly to slalom/barefoot skiing. But for those of us still in the girlfriend of the month club or who wakeboard/skate a lot it makes life a lot smoother.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 1:05pm
Still skiing haven't thought about winter projects yet.

That trailer is going to look AWESOME. There are currently 2 of those on BoatTrader right now, a nice orange color I've never seen.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 1:34pm
I'm doing a cutlass bearing swap on my 2000 this fall, and maybe a PP Stargazer upgrade in the spring
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 1:57pm
I'm looking to remodel a laundry room and bathroom this winter.... Wait a minute, were we talking boats ??? Hell, where does the list end hahahahaha....

Moj'
PS: Magic, glad that whole thing worked out for ya... It's going to be worth it once it's all done !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 2:06pm
My dad had a delux trailer under his 78 SN. It did not have carpet in the bottom of the pan, just plain white fiberglass. I remember washing the boat and the trailer when I was a kid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic