Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kb4wqm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kb4wqm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang
    Posted: October-07-2007 at 1:06pm
I own an old Mustang. Not certain what year it is. Need help to determine. It had when new a 260CI Ford engine, split windshield, screw down air scoop on bow deck, gel coat tangerine, and a round horn mounted on bow deck. Thanks Sid The number on the ID Tag attached to the portside engine stringer is 1924. In process of making a picture. I've got to borrow a camera. Mine is on the blink.
Thanks Sid
SID
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 3:46pm
Welcome aboard!!!! Our vast number of members will enable you to know all in short order.We need a lot of info for the proper year,ID tag or hull number is a good start.
If indeed it is a 260 and foot throttle 63 or 64,Pics would help mucho'
What is your take on this one Reid/Pete ?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 4:15pm
Yes, Welcome to the site Sid. Have you tried looking for the hull ID number? It will be on a metal plate on one of the stringers next to the engine. CC didn't start molding the HIN into the transom until I think around 1970. If you find it, Correct Craft may be able to tell you something. It's funny that this far back I have heard of mixed results with the factory. It's like half of the records are gone!!

The screw down scoop on the deck has got me as well as the Doc thinking it is a early Mustang but the color tells me it is late 60's. The 260 165HP was used till I believe 1968.

Sid, how about posting some pictures?
Posting the pictures are easy. (this is for the Doc too!!) Click on the icon with the tree and the up arrow. You will get a window that will allow you to browse your computer for the picture that you want to post. Select it and click upload. Doc, how did you get the picture of your boat linked to your signature ?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 8:49pm
My Mustang has the # 1942 on the stringer, and originally a 260 Interceptor, a 1966.
Tim D
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 10:47pm
Was 66 the first year for Tangerine ?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 11:28pm
It's on options (1) page in the 66 booklet in the reference section.
Tim D
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:21pm
My 67 Mustang has a hull ID of 1839. It has the old style deck, and deck hardware that is similar to 62Wood's 64 AS. I don't think some of the years are right for these boats. My 67 should have been made before Tim's 66.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:04pm
Sid,
You gotta get pics man! I would love to check out your Tangerine color...been thinking of using that on my "new" 66 cuda...

btw, where you from?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 2:17pm
Well ReidP thinks mine is a '65, but I've been told they didn't make Mustangs in 65. I've never contacted CC to provide the number on the stringer and get the details.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 2:50pm
Tim D, Please email me a phone # and a time that is best to reach you. I'd like to talk to you. Thanks. pbrainard@wistool.com

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 2:56pm
Tim, scratch that '65 opinion of mine. The flat front deck just threw me back when, but there are 66's in the Diaries with both types of decks. They don't even show a Mustang in the '65 brochure, but we have a number shown in the Diaries, but heck, they don't even show a Nautique, but it may have been in a separate broch.   But the 66 broch shows Mustangs with the molded raised front deck scoop, but I believe the red one on the cover looks flat. So maybe yours is an early 66 using the older style deck and they changed the deck once more went into production. And we've got the '66 Am Skier which we were told is a 66, and has the raised deck, but they don't show ASs in the 66 brochure. I've never called CC with the hull i.d., so I guess I should do that first as well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Tim, scratch that '65 opinion of mine. The flat front deck just threw me back when, but there are 66's in the Diaries with both types of decks. They don't even show a Mustang in the '65 brochure, but we have a number shown in the Diaries, but heck, they don't even show a Nautique, but it may have been in a separate broch.   But the 66 broch shows Mustangs with the molded raised front deck scoop, but I believe the red one on the cover looks flat. So maybe yours is an early 66 using the older style deck and they changed the deck once more went into production. And we've got the '66 Am Skier which we were told is a 66, and has the raised deck, but they don't show ASs in the 66 brochure. I've never called CC with the hull i.d., so I guess I should do that first as well.
but I believe the red one on the cover looks flat

I'm looking at the brochure and there both Barracudas or Al Tyll Skiers and they're not flat. I've seen 68s in the diaries with the flat decks. I think people must get the years screwed up. I doubt mine is actually a 67.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

But the 66 broch shows Mustangs with the molded raised front deck scoop, but I believe the red one on the cover looks flat.

I'm looking at the brochure and there both Barracudas or Al Tyll Skiers and they're not flat. I've seen 68s in the diaries with the flat decks. I think people must get the years screwed up. I doubt mine is actually a 67.

Trying to find any consistency during those years seems to be tough. I see what Reid mentioned- a flat deck Mustang on the '66 cover with the raised deck version on the other pages. Looking at the diaries, there are both versions show on both '66 and '67 Mustangs/Skylarks. Tough to say whether Correct Craft was inconsistent (and offered both decks during those years) or if some people simply dont know the actual year of their boat. Probably a bit of both.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 6:20pm
What 66 brochure are you guys looking at? No Mustangs or flat decks on this one:http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1966_brochure/
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 6:20pm
"Indecision May or May Not Be My Problem"
               Jimmy Buffett
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 6:24pm

What 66 brochure are you guys looking at? No Mustangs or flat decks on this one:http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1966_brochure/

I see Mustangs with flat decks on the cover and construction pages of that brochure.

On the right:

lower left:
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 6:35pm
I didn't notice the back cover. That looks like a Mustang with a flat deck. The red one on the right of the cover is a Barracuda. I'm looking at the actual brochure that was scanned to CCF.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 7:31pm

The red one on the right of the cover is a Barracuda.

If I had to guess, I would have thought the one on the left was a Barracuda/Al Tyll Skier, the one in the middle was a Tournament Skier/Wildcat, and the one on the right was a Mustang. I thought I could almost make out the character line- but now Im not so sure.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 8:28pm
As long as we're splitting hairs...

I always thought the one on the back cover was a Skylark. At least it looks to me like the steering is on the left...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 11:56pm
Tim, I have the luxury of having an unsoiled, original brochure in front of me. Not only can you see the hood scoop, you can see the raised lines or strakes on the deck, as well as the smooth hull. You are correct on the 1st two.

66, upon further analyzing that rear photo, you are correct, definately a Skylark.
kb4wqm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kb4wqm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 12:15pm
I can't upload pics of my Mustang...it says size too large over 200kb Need help with pics
Thanks Sid
SID
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 12:19pm
Sid, You should see a prompt that you can click on for resizing. You can also go to photobucket.com and open a free account. They have the resizing tools too and the software that they use is also what this site likes. I use photobucket 9 out of 10 times I'd say.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kb4wqm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kb4wqm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 11:18pm
Still not able to send pics of my Mustang. If someone would send me his e-mail address I could send.
Thanks Sid Also have had no luck with photobucket? Something not right with setup?
SID
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 7:33am
Sid, Did you try Photobucket?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic