NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBayhole of the week

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 17>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Set it at the Comp level and you will feel it almost turn itself as you lead it through some tight turns and cutbacks!"

Way too hot for me. I tried one of those competition skis with the adjustable wing once. I made the mistake of setting the wing on "Comp Level" and the ski nearly flung me into the shore.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:11pm
I'm afraid it may cutback on me when I want to tight turn, so I probably won't bid.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:40pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:32am
No bids on the H.O., but to my surprise there is at least 1 fool out there in need of a PVC don't no rust portable boat lift.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No bids on the H.O., but to my surprise there is at least 1 fool out there in need of a PVC don't no rust portable boat lift.

HW , Now be carefull,Im the one bidding on the non-rust boat lift... thought it would hold my 64 ok?

yeah , right..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 11:34am
I guess if they want to sell it, they call it a correct craft!

2007 Correct Craft Nautique SV211 only 21 hours
Greg

86 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

OK, someone fill me in on this boat. What is a Gekko? Brian?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 10:01pm

Funny how the picture is from scmotorgroup in South Carolina and yet the boat is located in California. See how long before this one gets pulled.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Funny how the picture is from scmotorgroup in South Carolina and yet the boat is located in California. See how long before this one gets pulled.

I actually emailed the seller this morning and asked the seller if he had somehow mixed up his pictures. He emailed me back asking for my phone number asap. I did email a reply stating I wasn't interested anymore.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 11:15am

Alan, You were correct! They pulled it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 12:39pm
Pete I didnt see it last night at about 9:00.

How much snow did you get the other day ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 1:02pm
Pat, By 9:00 I was getting in bed!

At my house we ended up with about 8" to 10". It wasn't the amount that was the problem but the fact that it was so heavy and wet plus under it I had water/slush. My blower is a 2 stage auger and they certainly don't like the wet snow. I went through a auger drive belt as it was only a hardware store 4L. I didn't have time to get a "A" belt from a industrial supply. FYI to anyone, the 4L and the "A" belts have the same cross section but the industrial A will handle almost 3 times the HP. This is why 4L's (or all the L series) are referred to as "fractional" HP belts.

How much snow by you?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 1:37pm
I would say we had the same amount . My belts were squeeling also . Sloppy nasty mess . Travel was bad with my car . They didnt do a lot of clearing of the roads . They were also running out of salt , so they used it spairingly.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I actually emailed the seller this morning and asked the seller if he had somehow mixed up his pictures. He emailed me back asking for my phone number asap. I did email a reply stating I wasn't interested anymore.

Since the listing has been pulled the "seller" has emailed me about 4 times. I must say that he is a persistent type with his scam. He wants me to Western Union him money because he claims that is the method ebay recommends!! Amazing!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 2:59pm

OK, someone fill me in on this boat. What is a Gekko? Brian?

Gekko is a low cost ski boat. Been around for at least 10 years now. Was manufactured in North Dakota of all places. Last year was bought by Challenger and moved production to Missouri.

The Gekko actually gets really high reviews for slalom wakes. Mediocre for wakeboarding. If I recall correctly, one year Waterski Magazine rated the Gekko above the Correct Craft, causing CC to pull out of the Magazine's reviews for a couple of years, and to start a campaign to "test for yourself and decide."

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 8:23pm
Gekko is/was Sanger's only competition for a barefoot approved towboat in the US as well.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 8:34pm
Good point HW. In 2007, 3 boats were barefoot sanctioned, Gekko (I think 22R) is model, Malibu LXi, Sanger DXII. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2008 at 12:53pm

At my house we ended up with about 8" to 10".

How much snow by you?

Pete,

We ended up with 14"-16" that day, we got lucky with our rink on the Lake as the wind was blowing so hard there was not too much accumulation. Spent several hours yesterday plowing followed by a resurfacing, it was about 3deg air temp, as we pumped the water it was hard enough to walk on after about 15min. Now they are calling for another 3"-5" of snow tonight.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

We ended up with 14"-16" that day, we got lucky with our rink on the Lake as the wind was blowing so hard there was not too much accumulation. Spent several hours yesterday plowing followed by a resurfacing, it was about 3deg air temp, as we pumped the water it was hard enough to walk on after about 15min. Now they are calling for another 3"-5" of snow tonight.

Chris, Do you spray of flood the rink? do you have something to pull to condition it? The reason I ask is I have never had much luck with getting a decent surface. I've tried quite a few up north on the lake and even one year in the back yard with the plastic liner when my son was playing hockey. Someone even told me that hot water works better because it doesn't have as much air in it. I ran a hose all the way from my hot water heater to the back yard and still had poor results. I even toyed with the idea of converting a old snowblower into a mini Zamboni and started drawing/sketching it up! The ones up north always ended up as ice ovals for friends with dirt bikes who had studded up the tires. The lake rinks always had a containment issue when flooded. Even with a frozen edge around the rink, the warmer water would "burn" through it and run out leaving air pockets. With spraying, I could never get it smooth. There must be tricks to it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2008 at 7:27pm
Pete,

We flood with lake water using a sump pump through a hole in the ice, colder air usually provides better results. As far as containment, there is almost always snow which I plow with the Quad, the plowed snow serves as the edge or dasher boards. The key can be the condition of the surface prior to flooding, the cleaner you get the surface the better the results. We have used Leaf blowers, shovels or if we are lucky the wind to clean the surface prior to flooding. Results definitely vary, the best ice is always that formed naturally! If you ever figure out that Zamboni let us know!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 10:29am
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 8:09pm
1969 Correct Craft

This guy is going for it again . I like the last line in his description .   

( IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT TO INSPECT BEFORE YOU BID. GOOD LUCK )
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

1969 Correct Craft

This guy is going for it again . I like the last line in his description .   

( IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT TO INSPECT BEFORE YOU BID. GOOD LUCK )

Ive exchanged messages with the seller. Its a woman, and she's claiming ingnorance on the details. I told her in the first auction that the boat was a 71+, but apparently she could care less. Her last message to me was:

"come see the boat then do your homework apparentley you dont have a clue on correct craft"

And she wonders why she cant sell the thing?
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:03pm
Tim I allways thought you were the clueless one .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2008 at 9:28am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ive exchanged messages with the seller. Its a woman, and she's claiming ingnorance on the details. I told her in the first auction that the boat was a 71+, but apparently she could care less. Her last message to me was:

"come see the boat then do your homework apparentley you dont have a clue on correct craft"

And she wonders why she cant sell the thing?

Well Tim, I can't back you up with Ms. "sleek and charming" by sending her a message regarding the wrong year. She already knows my email address as well as my wife's!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 7:58am
Southwind on ebay

I would have to say that the engine "needs a rebuid" may be a understatement! At least the auction company posted the picture!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 11:02am
Another green monster
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 12:19pm
Green and blue, a combination even Gary wouldn't try...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 9:39pm
This is a gekko!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 4:03pm

VERY SPECIAL COLLECTORS ITEMS

CYPRESS GARDENS FLORIDA WHERE I THINK WATERSKIING BECAME FAMOUS.

THE BOOTS HAVE CYPRESS GARDENS ON THEM TRY TO FIND THAT ANYWHERE.

Starting at a low, $250. Seller would "love input"!

0/2 on spelling memorabilia correctly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic