NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to foot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 11:47pm
I told my wife I would get her, her very own BFI wet suit if she would try footing. No answer yet. Maybe next year I will get an answer.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 2:36am
Hey Eddie, As to you "good instruction" comment.....gotta agree...has done wonders for my footing.

john

BTW: Eddie has been teaching me....good teaching and good equipment make all the difference in the world.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 3:14pm
Anyone footed behind a 211? How's the table at 75' & 100'? Does the wake plate help?

I am thinking of upgrading to a new boat and the 211 or 216 look the best for my situation.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 6:07pm
There is a fellow on Planetnautique called Mikeski. He's a friend of mine and foots frequently behind his 211. You might want to ask him for impressions. He's generally very knowledgable, having been a competitive 3 event skier for over 20 years.

The one thing I know he has complained about is that with the 330 HP engine he doesn't get enough speed for 1 foots. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 10:42am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

The one thing I know he has complained about is that with the 330 HP engine he doesn't get enough speed BKH

Is that like Quinners boat problem? I've seen comments about it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:20pm
Pete,

The 206 preforms very well with the 330hp, the 211 BKH refers to is a much bigger boat and a VDrive.

with the 206 and One footer there is throttle left, 3 deeps no problem, 4 footers no problem running just under 40, 5 may be possible if we can find 5 who can all stand one up.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Here's Mrs. Barracuda Barefooting for the first time

Cheney looks great! Good for her for trying. With the Lost Lake four-man foot crew to teach her she'll be long-lining in no time.

On a side note...
I saw on the news this morning that there was a 2.5 earthquake in Littleton last night. Did you guys feel it next door in Groton?

Kyle

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 2:15pm
Kyle- thanks! Yeah shook the house pretty hard and woke us up at around 1:30. Kinda spooky- I thought for a minute it was an earthquake, as well as about 100 other possiblities. Got up, checked all the doors in the house, etc- you know the routine. Hard to get back to sleep after something like that.
-Brad
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x1633047058
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 2:38pm
I'm glad to hear you're all okay.

Kyle
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 6:59pm
Brad, glad to hear you guys are ok. Must be a real experience, glad I don't have to go through it. My wife would not let me leave the house unless she went with me.

On anthoer note hoping the wind will die sometime today so the lake will be good to go in the morning..
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 8:31pm
Thanks guys- yep- we're fine.

Hope the wind dies down for you so you can get some chilly water skiing in.
We're hoping to hit the water Sunday.

Remeber to tuck your chin
-Brad
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by 66Skylark 66Skylark wrote:

On a side note...
I saw on the news this morning that there was a 2.5 earthquake in Littleton last night. Did you guys feel it next door in Groton?

Kyle

2.5 - that's like riding the kiddie coaster. Come on out to California if you want to feel some shaking.
BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 11:24pm
That's why I like Michigan, worst thing can happen is a Blizzard. Maybe heavy thunderstorms.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 5:24pm
I hate fall, windless mornings are hard to come by. Stayed up drinking all night, then were going to ski first thing this morning but with 20 MPH winds blowing across the cove that was not happening. So went to bed, now I am stuck at work. It's ok because the lake isn't any smoother then it was this morning.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I hate fall, windless mornings are hard to come by. Stayed up drinking all night, then were going to ski first thing this morning but with 20 MPH winds blowing across the cove that was not happening.

James, that wind sure does blow don't it? Saturday was OK, we got out and did some skiing. Yesterday was blown out @25 mph.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 12:51pm
James,

Just for the record, skied Saturday, Air Temp around 63 surface water temp was 59, No wet Suit!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 1:20pm
Damn, Even the ducks are drunks up there! Are they members of the PLBC?
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 7:17pm
Quinner,

I am shooting for some footing friday morning. If I can't foot I am going skiing. Pics hopefully to follow so long as it's not raining. In fact if I am not scheduled 12 hours on friday I think I am taking the day off.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 2:51pm
Here are a few pics from sunday afternoons run. The lake was rough, so I started off in the little bit of smooth water that I could get. That put me going into a turn shortly after getting up. Form is a little off, trying to get better at the choppy water footing. It's getting better, but still not great.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 11:11am
Ok Footers....All footers should consider coming out to the Carolina Show Ski Teams 30th annual New Years Day Barefoot Challenge on Lake Norman. This is always a light hearted fun-filled day. As well as having a good time and meeting new freinds you can always pick at the mind of our MC John Gillette (check out the article on John at www.toesuporfaceplant.com) for some pointers and inspiration. In attendence will be Seth Frase the 13 year old who blasted away the competition at the 20th annual Blairfoot Bonanza in Winterhaven Fl. beating the likes of Keith St. Onge, his dad, yours truly and everyone else (how about a singly endurance run of over 21 minutes?)
The CSST website will be updated shortly with all the particulars. For you out of towners contact someone on the team about some help wiht accommodations.
Hope to see you there.
www.carolinashowski.com
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Quigs85SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quigs85SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2007 at 11:09pm
NCH20SKIER,

I wish I was able to attend on New Years day. We cut a hole in the ice and go swimming every New Years Day. We watched you guys ski at the Div. 2 Nationals. Your team seems like they'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. Are you guys planning on going to nationals in '08? Our team, Spraymasters, is planning on it next year.

Quigs
footinforever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footinforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 3:12pm
The 211 is decent boat for footing, it has the closest wake to the old v-drive barefoot nautique. It should be fast enough for one-foots depending on your form or weight, but good form will always win out. My guess is that you are not gliding well enough to properly one foot. Either way it is a better boat to barefoot on the table or in the wake than the 216.
You should be able to use a 75' very easily and barefooting is always best in the curl. But on the 216, I prefer a 90' rope if I am going in the wake.
The "hydrogate" doesn't improve footing and will make the boat porpoise at high speeds. Personally thats biggest abortion I have ever seen and if you are ever on hold with cc and listen their schpiel it is so funny hearing them describe how awesome it is..   In addition get a tower, because that will make footin easier as well with the higher pull.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 7:06pm
hip footin clip
There it is...and you saw it too!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2007 at 1:45am
Very cool...looks like the way we used to do it right Larry?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

CCFans,

I am a big-time lurker on this site, reading almost everything, and posting almost never. However, I thought that you should know that this thread, and all the barefoot talk in general here, convinced me to give it a go this afternoon and I was able to complete my first two barefoot runs (~100ft & ~500ft). Big thanks to Quinner for the kneeboard technique. I don't have a boom (yet) nor any specialized gear, so that seemed the most doable way to learn. It took some trial and error, but I am very glad to mark this first in 2007 (especially since the boat is probably coming out tomorrow for the season).

Thanks!

I posted this six years ago on this thread (almost impossible to believe...) and thought about it because of an email I just received. This summer two friends from Germany were visiting me, one of them is a professional photographer. They just emailed me a single photo (below) of me barefooting this August. I'd be very happy for any of you to critique my form, but mostly I just wanted to share and celebrate six years of barefooting. I'm better than I was then, but not a whole lot, in part because I'm usually only able to do it 5-10 times a year. But every time makes me as happy as the first time! Still rockin' the kneeboard (haha!), and still think of Quinner every time I bust it out.

Cheers,

Jamin

P.S. The old '97 SN has now pulled three Germans for their very first waterski. One last summer and two this year. Also something to celebrate!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 6:16pm
Last post here was prior my entrance to this forum..anyway I think we should keep the other post rolling, learning to barefoot...
we don{t want to post covering the same sport or do we?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 6:19pm
On your Barefooting! my kuddos for going long line without any suit at all!
you must have iron balls! lol
nice wake there or should i say no wake at all...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 6:34pm
Yes, I agree that we should keep the other thread rolling. It is funny because that was so long ago I actually believed that my post was that thread, and when this thread came up after I quoted myself I was quite surprised. Perhaps I should move this post over there...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic