NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbyville weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shelbyville weekend
    Posted: September-15-2007 at 3:52am
Alan; Jan or Feb is very nice down here. Me and Reid took the '80 out for a ride the day after Christmas.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 2:15am
oh...ah..er...I guess it's all cool! Pics look just fine to me...no complaints here.

Boot camp is just fine for the kids...but this old sailor knows better than to mess with the drill master!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:01am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Now I have a bone to pick with the biased bast*rd snapping the pics
Where's the picture of the 72 getting towed in because the dump ass owner ran it out of gas... ...well maybe that's a story that need not be told

The running out of gas is news to this "biased bastard". We wondered if you were OK, so Brian said he was going to go check. Good thing I guess. And just for the record......Dena snapped those 2 pics, and she said if you don't like it, you're more than welcome to join your kids for "boot camp" here in South Bend

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2007 at 9:53am
Joel, Would love to but March is tough for us because we are just starting to get busy at work. We'll probably have to do it in Jan Feb sometime.

Jbear, Haven't done any homework on schools in your area yet but I will and get in touch with you.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2007 at 1:05am
Tim, The water at clinton after labor day is awesome. They do shut down the warm area (right by the discharge) but there is a ton of warm areas. This really is the best time to go. If you have been to clinton, you know there are plenty of shorelines to hug and get awesome water.

The campsites at Shelbyville (wolf creek) are VERY good. I really like them because of the trees. If weather brews up, it still isn't bad. The facilities are very good too. Good showers and flushing crappers. Impressed with cleanliness too. We like Clinton a lot. Close to home (30 minutes) and we can be setting up. Or just pulling into the ramp!

Give me a call or shoot me a e-mail if you want to ski sometime. This fall is tough because of harvest. Lots of Semi driving time for me.

Sorry for hogging the post. Renee is working on some video and pictures for the site.

It was great seeing everyone again!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2007 at 1:04am
Alan: Cool! Which school? All the best barefoot schools are near here. Lots of other ones as well. This is a great place to visit after the holidays. We got a guest suite that is yours if ya need it. What a great time we could have!. Patti will pull us double and show Dana how.

Give me a phone call when ya have a chance.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2007 at 12:00am
Good point Reid! The open cell floatation was the culprit so often...or neglect. My classic has no floatation and the original wood stringers are in perfect shape!

Time will tell with the composites! I noticed a difference in driving a friends newly aquired S & S MC...his is an 81....his 81 has a softer ride in the chop! Perhaps a difference with composites vs. wood...different flex and weight.
stang

The Super Air

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

...I do have a soft spot for the stars and stripes...
And let us not forget(as painfull as it is)that boat has factory composite floor and stringers...first in the industry to do so!

Not to detract from the revolutionary composite stringers or the MC, but I'm confident CC finally just succumbed to peer pressure when they went that direction after others did. Think of perhaps the most popular and longest lasting heavy duty boat on the market for the last 30 years, and Grady White should fall within the top five of any educated boaters list. You know what their stringers are still made of to this day? Yep, it's wood. And that's by choice and design. They've chosen to stick with what they feel is the best material for the function of the boat and hedged their bets against it being exposed and thus compromised by uneducated owners. I just hope that in 10-20 years we don't start hearing stories of composite failures or delaminations, etc.. FWIW. Oh, and by the way I blame all rotten stringers on the Coast Guard and their regulations mandating the positive floatation. (that's a joke, about the blame anyway). I hope at least it saved some lives as it sure killed a bunch of nice open-cell foam boats.          
ReidP
1973 Mustang

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 3:56pm
Damn Damn Damn........I've said it before and i'll say it again.......Wish i could have been there!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Alan: Just try and keep Dana after it...Patti pulls multiples for us guys and is good at it. She is better than anyone except my bro and buddy Dale in our group.

john

Jbear , yesterday she asked me if was interested in doing a week at a ski school with her this winter. She had a good time skiing this weekend but feels a little outclassed so she doesn't ski as much as she would like. She really wants to learn more and Once she gets determined to do something, look out.

We try to get to ski school every spring break- why not join us in 08?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 12:33pm
I expect to get a hard time when that boat appears on the site!

Rinker...maybe before, MC...1st official tow boat to use composites and they were the first Official TB to have a swim platform. And ... let us not forget , the first official wakeboard boat to change the pointed bow style( x-star)to the super ugly, goofy f---ed up looking,would never be seen in one...bat mobile bow...some firsts are good....some not!
stang

The Super Air

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 12:14pm
Gary, Just giving you a hard time. I didn't know the MC was yours!! The posting wasn't real clear or I didn't read it well enough! I have a friend who had one and traded it in on a SNOB - For sking, he wishes he still had it. I always thought that Rinker had the composite stringers first but may be wrong.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 12:02pm
Pete...we have had it for four years and it's been a real good work horse for pulling skiers...I do have a soft spot for the stars and stripes...and I figure no paddles needed when I have a strong swimming teenage son.

And let us not forget(as painfull as it is)that boat has factory composite floor and stringers...first in the industry to do so!

The starting issue was solved at camp and the MC did see the sun on Sunday!

Now I have a bone to pick with the biased bast*rd snapping the pics
Where's the picture of the 72 getting towed in because the dump ass owner ran it out of gas... ...well maybe that's a story that need not be told

Note: Dump ass... defined by Websters as ... a type-o version of the phrase "dumb ass" when 79 has had one too many beers.
stang

The Super Air

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 10:10am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

OK...more pics from the weekend:

This might be everyones favorite pic of the bunch: Loren (son of Stang72) swimming the MC up to the floatilla. That's what you get for bringing a MC to a CC event

Priceless. Still not starting..towed in by the 72.

]

Is he new to the ownership of a MC ?? I thought that all seasoned MC owners know to bring paddles with them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 9:20am

Alan: Just try and keep Dana after it...Patti pulls multiples for us guys and is good at it. She is better than anyone except my bro and buddy Dale in our group.

john

Jbear , yesterday she asked me if was interested in doing a week at a ski school with her this winter. She had a good time skiing this weekend but feels a little outclassed so she doesn't ski as much as she would like. She really wants to learn more and Once she gets determined to do something, look out.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 2:29am
I could tell you had good taste HW even tho you hang around with quinner.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 2:23am

Gary; Every time I see the Orange boat I remember which one is my favorite here. Loved the show ski shot. Sure would like to drive it someday.

Wait till you hear the thing too!! Gary's promo is also my favorite boat on the site.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 12:22am
Great pic's everyone! I am sorry I missed it too.

Todd & others: How were the camp ground accomodations (bathrooms, showers, etc)? If the weather cooperates I would still like to make it down this year for a quick camping trip with the family. We have done Clinton a couple times this year but haven't made it to Shelbyville. Todd - how's the post Labor Day weekend boat traffic at Clinton?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 12:00am
Gary: You are most welcome anytime...here or in Tennessee.

Let me see....stang...75 Tique....Alan and me. Now we are talkin' 4 man. Would hate to add up the total age on that run.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 11:07pm
I thinkin next year I should be #4 on the barefoot run...it's been a while sense I last went long line...but damn , that multiple run stuff is cool! And the magic man Alan , left inspiration with me!

John...You shall drive that orange thing someday(hope it's next summer!)! We got stacked up on taking several boating trips and could not fit the Tenn. trip in...I sure would like to make it next time your there!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Alan,
Love the Bounder dumping the 81!
(Nice looking rig )
Not sure I've got the balls to do that w/ mine, especially with how sh*tty the ramps are up herein the NE!

Thanks Scott, classic everything I guess. I've dumped the boat on some ramps that would scare some 4x4's away. This particual ramp I had Kevin help me because there was no way I was taking my foot off that brake pedal.

Jbear, I really enjoyed skiing with these younger guys. Makes me push myself a little harder, I won't wait til September to start footin next season. It was nice for Dana to watch the driving too because there's a lot of pressure on her, she's starting too really handle the boat pretty well but was scared to pull me barefoot, she's ready but just doesn't know it yet.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 8:18pm
Wow What a great lookin'weekend. Ditto what Larry said....no matter where we get together its great......altho Reid's place would qualify as awesome...right Steve?

Mojo: Don't wait for "next" spring...visit central Florida. Bet me, Eddie and MM could show ya a good time. Bring HW and Johhny with ya.

RE the big dog pic: looks like Alan is the biggest dog. Fun footin' with those young guys ain't it Alan?

Raindog; You hit it on the head...beast part of the day!

Gary; Every time I see the Orange boat I remember which one is my favorite here. Loved the show ski shot. Sure would like to drive it someday.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Nice pics, looks like fun,
HWood-pic7- Was that a front to back? Or did you get out deep backwards.

That was a front to back attempt. If you look closely at his right leg you can probably tell he didn't make it on that one, but it's a cool pic either way.

Actually, I did get up backwards one footed, then did a 720. Johnny must have photoshopped my foot below the water. THANKS!
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

That was a front to back attempt. If you look closely at his right leg you can probably tell he didn't make it on that one, but it's a cool pic either way.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 5:27pm
Once again, looks like a great time had by all. Seems to be a trend with this group, whether its Green Lake, New England, Shelbyville or Reidp's, when you get CCFans together its a great time. Wish I could hit them all.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 4:52pm
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 3:49pm
Alan,
Love the Bounder dumping the 81!
(Nice looking rig )
Not sure I've got the balls to do that w/ mine, especially with how sh*tty the ramps are up herein the NE!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:34am
What a great time! The only thing missing was those who wanted to come and could'nt...we missed you!

For those who want to come next year....expect the following,
1. LOTS of sking
2. beautifull clean lake
3. nice comfortable water temp
4. low traffic in Sept.
5. plenty of glassy water
6. great camping area with a ramp
and...and...and...A fantastic group of way cool people to hang with!

Thanks to Rob and Dena for the work-horse SNOB!

Had a great time...and anyone thati s up for a spring fling...I'm there! (of course it's barely more the a half an hour drive).
stang

The Super Air

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 11:14pm
Damn!

I was OK with missing the gathering because:

1. I had a long, awesome Labor Day weekend even though I killed my prop.
2. We got rained out about a month prior on a boat/camping trip (7" in one night, was 6" from the back of the Classic going under while beached). Couldn't risk another rain out again this year.
3. Helden would have SCHOOLED me on a wakeboard. 6 years old? I want to see supporting documentation!

But then I saw the second from last pic, where everyone is hanging out at night, tired and happy, munching and drinking. That's my favorite time, the really good stuff. Now I realized what I missed and it kills.

Next year, for sure. Glad everyone had a great time and thanks for the pics.

-Steve
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Joel, we really missed you and the fam this year.

Looks like everyone had a great time! We won't miss it next year, I can tell you that!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic