NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

attn, thephantomkaw

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: attn, thephantomkaw
    Posted: July-15-2007 at 4:15pm
Michael, Here's a blue Torino!! Just saw it yesterday when a friend of mine who had just purchased it stopped in Green Lake for me to look at it. It's the first non yellow one I have ever seen. I know you have mentioned you didn't like the yellow on yours and wanted to change it. Now you have permission from Mr. original here to change the color to blue!!! Seriously, you can change it to any color but this gives you another original option. This one is thought to be a 70 or 71 and has the 351 Holman Moody V drive. It needs a total restore like yours as there are ferns and moss growing out of the stringers! I remember a Separator (same hull and engine with the Batmobile windshields) or our lake up north and it would run head to head with a Donzi 16' with the same engine but with a Volvo I/O.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 6:46pm
Michael, Just wondering what happened to you! I do know from all the pictures you have posted of the girls that they really must keep you busy,

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thephantomkaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:11am
Hey Pete.. Thanks for the Pics!! Work has been crazy, thats why I haven't had much time to get on here lately. I like the blue! I got the motor on myine up and running, and the floor almost done fiberglassing. BTW.. I hate the foaming part! FYI.. don't be an idiot and not wear gloves! That stuff doesn't want to come off! Do you happen to have pics of the rear seat? Mine doesn't have one, I am going to have to do some fabrication. I really wish mine was a soild Inboard. I guess we will see what my volvo i/o does!
~Michael~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:12am
LOL I just noticed... That antenna is not original is it??
~Michael~
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Thephantomkaw Thephantomkaw wrote:

LOL I just noticed... That antenna is not original is it??

ya so is the radio too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:33am
I would like to put a radio in mine... I think i will hide it in my glove box??
~Michael~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:35am
And.. Are the rails on the side for boarding? B/c I don't see any where to step? Mine has the same rails on the back, but has steps?
~Michael~
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:50am
I always thought the v drives were new in the 90s and were made for wakeboarders. I'm always learning how ignorant I am. That's pretty ingenious for back then.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Thephantomkaw Thephantomkaw wrote:

And.. Are the rails on the side for boarding? B/c I don't see any where to step? Mine has the same rails on the back, but has steps?

those are aftermarket boarding trippers or oh sh*t handles for the passengers.

there should have been two tread plates one on each side for boarding instead of the handles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:25am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

there should have been two tread plates one on each side for boarding instead of the handles.

Yeah, that's what mine has. Thanks 79!
~Michael~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 8:38am
Micheal, I have a shot of the rear seat or rather what's left of it at home on the computer. I'll get it posted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 10:03am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

I always thought the v drives were new in the 90s and were made for wakeboarders. I'm always learning how ignorant I am. That's pretty ingenious for back then.

David, You shouldn't feel ignorant, rather that you just haven't seen some things yet. Remember that you can learn something everyday of your life and still die stupid!!

V Drives have been around for longer than the 70's!! At the wood boat show I was at last Saturday, there was a 1952 Shepard runabout (a runabout's engine is under the deck and not in a dog house) and it had the original flat head Chrysler Crown engine with the V drive/trans.

You should make a point of looking for a wood boat show near you and take a walk.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 2:57am
Can't wait to see it!
~Michael~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 7:44am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Micheal, I have a shot of the rear seat or rather what's left of it at home on the computer. I'll get it posted.

I forgot!! I'm at a point where I have to write myself notes on post-its! Micheal, I'll pull it up this afternoon. Yes, I just wrote a note to myself. Sorry

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 12:30pm
I am curious to how this boat rides with its short lenght and rear bias weight. Seems to me it would run very nose high. Too me CC got the proportions all wrong on the Separator/Torino. But, I bet it is a kick with all that power in the tail.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 5:48pm
Michael, I really thought that the picture I had showed more of the back seat. I guess I wanted to get a shot of the fern and moss growing. I do run across the owner when I go up to northern Wisconsin and will see if I can get some more pictures.

David, The ride is pretty much that of other deep V's and they didn't ride bow high. CC did equip them with trim tabs I feel due to the weight in the rear.

The rear section of floor board is missing.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic