NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update: 81 Top To Bottom

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update: 81 Top To Bottom
    Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:17pm
Here are some updated pics.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:30pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:31pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:33pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:35pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:36pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:40pm
Ive got more but I have been interupted.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:42pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:42pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:44pm
I will keep trying, just a few more.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:46pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:49pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:52pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 8:58pm
A couple of notations;
(1)The photo of the bilge pump bracket is made from starboard. No screws in the bottom. The bracket holds the pump firmly in place.
(2) The dual blowers mounted on a bracket under the fuel tank. An after thought that pleased me.
(3) I have Pleasure Craft decals for the valve covers and exhaust manifolds still to add among other things still to do.
Any thoughts?
hasbeenskier
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 9:03pm
Hey JB,

Very nice looking. Are those your composite stringers or wood?

We'll be anxious to see continued updates.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 9:11pm
Looking good to me BJ. Got a great shine on that transom. As Chuck asked - are those the composite stringers you made? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 9:16pm
Hello Pastor, NO WOOD in this boat, all composite materials. I am so ready to finish this project. How have you been? I want you to know that my knowing you are watching this sight helps keep me and my mouth in check. Stay in touch....bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 9:30pm
Ah! another voice of reason, Hello to you BK. Yes, composite, I could not be happier with the outcome so far. It is just a snails pace and there have been set backs. The entire boat shines like a new dime. I will do the graphics last. Still to do, teak platform, rub rail, and replica #3 Correct Craft trailer.etc.
I would like you to know I appreciate your voice of reason on this site. I had the pleasure of meeting Dave, "Cop Craft" a few weeks ago. A nice guy that is starting a Mustang restoration. I have added him to my prayer list! bj
hasbeenskier
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 9:43pm
Thanks for the kind thoughts BJ. But this thread isn't for me. That boat is looking great.

I too met Dave a couple months back in Chicago. Yes, he is a good guy. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 11:35pm
BJ: Great looking job! The bilge is awesome. Love the idea of composite stringers. Some of you guys doing all this work on these old boats really impresses me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 11:42pm
Excellent work! What did you paint the bilge with? I'm in process of a stringer & floor job, too and would like for it to look as good as possible with my resources.
Bob Ed
83 2001
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 3:41am
Looking great!! How many man hours have you put in so far?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 7:41am
Hey BJ, awesome work. I love the TURBO blowers, they look cool. Lot of creative ideas in that restoration, can't wait to see it completed.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 9:58am
Where did you get the speedos? What about the ring surround the speedos - did they come with that particular set of airguides or did you combine parts from an earlier model of airguides? I have an 81 and the previous owner did not take care of the speedos and I would like to do something different.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 11:27am
The Romex or "house" wiring to the blowers is not exactly marine grade. The main problem with solid copper wiring is that the copper can break internally due to vibration and harshness. Copper strand wiring resists vibration much better. Also, I am not sure wether or not the insulation or sheating on Romex is fuel or oil resistant. Other than that, no safety issue that I am aware of.

Forgot to mention the boat looks awesome, great job.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 4:49pm
Great looking job Hasbeen. Looks like you are going to have a new boat when you are done!

jdreiser- those speedos look like the ones that American Skier put in their boats around 86 or so. Mine has some just like those. Ebay has different kinds of Airguides on there. Keep watching, one can find something that will work. I have a stock of them just cause they don't make them anymore. White, chrome, black, etc, etc.
Greg

86 BFN
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 6:07pm
nice looking boat hasbeen.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 6:20pm
looks great Hasbeen...What color are you going to paint your stripes?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 7:16pm
David F... You hurt me man, no Romex in my boat. Behold the following photo.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 7:18pm
hasbeenskier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic