Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mooring cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
poolsbme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poolsbme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mooring cover
    Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:55pm
I have a 1985 Nautique 2001 and am having a mooring cover made. What is the best material? What is the best method of attachment? and is it easier to have the cover attach at the bottom of the windshield or cover the whole boat?

poolsbme
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 6:19am
I have the original cover for my '87, and my cover has a drawstring around the bottom. I don't like the drawstring as it doesn't stay tight.

I have seen snaps screwed into the underside of the rub rail, and I have thought about doing that on mine.

I don't have an expert opinion on cover material, but from what I know Sunbrella is good stuff.

Give it a couple of days, and you will get plenty of comments.

Welcome to the site.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:07am
On my old cover it had loops to tie it down while trailering and it also had snaps for mooring which I liked. Mine didn't have a draw string but used a 1" wide nylon strap with a quick release buckle like what would be on a ski jacket never lost tension and was easy to tighten or loosen.

gn6027 if your pocket on the cover for the draw string is wide enough you might be able to swap it for the 1" wide nylon strap. My current cover has a string like yours and I liked the strap much better than the string. You can get the buckle about anywhere they sell marine stuff and the strap isn't hard to find either. Just a thought to help you out. Oh one thing tho make sure your string isn't sawn in somewhere that would prevent it from being removed if it is then it won't work, most aren't but some are.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:47am
79, The nylon strap is a great idea. Never thought of that.

I have grommets above the draw string, and I fear they are too close to the bottom of the pocket to allow the strap to pass. I use the grommets & bungee cords to hold the cover down tight for trailering.

I also modified my cover to fit around the legs on my tower, so I would need to work that out...

I'll need to take a closer look at my cover.

Nothing is ever easy!!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:01am
You could get additional buckles for the tower legs, but the grommets might prevent all of that anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic