NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pics of our ’70 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pics of our ’70 Mustang
    Posted: March-13-2007 at 8:08pm
Reid: Glad you are back safetly. How were the Keys again? Any pics you can show us? Me and Patti rode the bike the Cherry Pockets tonite for dinner and thought of you guys. Nice nite, great dinner.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 3:39pm
Just got back this morning! I read this entire thread just now and laughed, sulked, and then smiled a big one. Welcome '70. You've certainly got one of my favorite boats. Here's my take on a few issues. Speed: They're all fast in my book. However, I was never more demoralized then when 2 years ago I went out in my fastest little boat which clocked 59-61 by the new-style Teleflex speedo, only to find out after all these years that it was only running 55-56 by GPS. Had to go back and change my Diaries posting and everything.    Engine: I really don't think the engine is original, but not an issue. Good engine. Windshield: Yours came with either a two piece safetyglass like Marshall's above or a one piece plexi like my '69. Oh, and he won't sell, but if he ever does, guess who's got first dibbs (sp?) Bow Light: Looks like one from a 67-68 to me, but we know how often they veered from the assembly line back then. Furthermore, and it really doesn't make a hill of beans in terms of anything other than the personal aspect, but are we 100% sure the boat is a 70 and not a 66-68. I bought and then owned my '69 as a '70 for 8 years. Several spec issues didn't jive with other like boats I'd seen + my I.D. tag number had been removed, so only after tracking it backwards with CC Jeff Warner's replacement (sorry, can't remem name)and the ENGINE serial number we did finally find the boat. The state of OHIO had assigned a new Hull ID number nothing like CC's sometime back near '70 and started refering to it as a '70. Sorry for that sidebar, but just goes to show. So Jim, is the dash panel in yours a pure rectangular or a trapezoid? The rectangular panel debuted in '69. Also, most verified 69-70s have the extra added chrome scoop on the top the molded fiberglass raised deck scoop. That's all i know for now.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 9:06am
I wouldn't get overly excited about the motor it's a small block Chevy and you have tons of options on that platform unlike the ford's.

Reid should be getting back soon from the Key's and he would be your best bet on what is org and what isn't, the horn and windshield aren't from what I recall, not sure on the one bar across the back, the ladders' org.

regardless the only thing your boat needs is a little motor detail and weather or not you like what's bolted on now or you want too change it.

I'm with you on the horn it's little out of place louder than hell I bet, but still a little out of place and too big. I'm not a big fan of the bar across the back seems like a hazzard to me, easy to trip someone up and go face down in the boat or out for that matter. It's all about your style and how you want to use the boat, We know your not going drag racing with
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:46pm
Jim, The windsheild looks good. keep the rub rail as long as it's in good shape. Replace it with the original type later.Spend the $$ on a swim platform. Looks great, just the way it is. Scott
Scott
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:10pm
Windshields, curved and flat, well here are two '71 models, the green one a skier(curved)and the white one a mustang(flat).

Tim D
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:58pm
Jim,

Just a thought on the windshield. Those vented lower panes sure are a nice feature in the heat of the summer.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
'70 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:45pm
I know something else I was going to ask...
In that picture of that other "1970 Mustang" the transom is a lot cleaner. I have this lader, hooks, ski rope guide going from side to side, a bazooka launcher and other crap bolted on. Is all of that crap original? Help me out with why I have all of this crap on the rear of mine and his is pretty streamlined.

I also noticed that there is a stainless ring around a hunk of glass on the top of the transom. i can see the sending unit for the fuel level......um...huh...I assume that you use to look through the glass to see the fuel level?

All help is trully appeciated, as always.

Jim ~
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:39pm
We'll try this again, for some reason my post did not take earlier. Sorry for the delay guys, I don't know much about this windshield nor do I care for it. I would be much happier with a single piece like the more modern ones.

I don't know much about this bow light thing either. What is supposed to be on it? I would also love to lose this horn, it this from a 18 wheeler or what??

I would love some clarification on this engine of there are any experts out there. Let me make sure I can phrase this corectly here...."I was told" this is the original powerplant. 230 OMC (305 Chevy). I have heard that it is as well as it isn't. Any word out there? Maybe this has something to do with the blocks that some of you were questioning.

Now that the water has cooled off I would love to hear from the experts out there. What is your take on this motor. I can get numbers off of it for you or anything that will help you help me identify if this is original.

I'm also going to probably junk this windshield at some point if it is not original. Again, I would rather have the single piece model if I'm not going to have it "original" equiped. Thanks guys!!

Jim ~
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:21pm
That is one sweet Mustang. I don't think Marshall will be coming off of it. There are a few in the diaries section that I would love to have. I love the orange ones. Reidp has a few of these boats. He makes it look like so much fun, because he's always doing those power slides. Those boats are fun to drive.

-JMurph
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I love that boat. I wonder if he'd sell it?

So do I. I doubt he'd sell- I think he caught the CC disease from ReidP.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

'70, here is a pic of Marshall Morgan's 1970 Mustang. Minus the front buckets, it appears to be mostly original (at least what you can see):

The rub rail appears to be 1 piece, all stainless. I wouldnt bother changing yours, as it looks pretty good. Theres no need to go back to original- like the windshield, it doesnt look completely out of place on the boat. Just enjoy it how it is!

I love that boat. I wonder if he'd sell it?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 2:18pm
TRB, You're right. I forgot about the vent windows.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

As far as TRBeng's comment on the windshield, I don't know for sure if the flat glass is correct or not. I got in trouble on this site once before when I said a flat glass wasn't correct on a 70 Barracuda. It was a era of change for CC and they were using remaining stock of curved plexi Taylor winshields and then mid year switching to the flat glass Waterbonnets.

I dont believe CC installed any of the flat framed windshields on that Mustang hull. I think they made the change when they went to the new 16'5" hull in 1971. Regardless, the flat windshield of that era didnt have the vent panels in the bottom. I believe the windshield on '70's boat would have been original equipment on a Ski Tique.

1971 Mustang:
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:56am
the front light looks like the one on my 64

pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:03am
70, 79's shot of the Torino shows it and yes it is a aluminum extrusion from Taco. You can do a search and probably find someone alot cheaper than say West marine who does carry it.

As far as TRBeng's comment on the windshield, I don't know for sure if the flat glass is correct or not. I got in trouble on this site once before when I said a flat glass wasn't correct on a 70 Barracuda. It was a era of change for CC and they were using remaining stock of curved plexi Taylor winshields and then mid year switching to the flat glass Waterbonnets.

The bow light is not correct though.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:51am
70- I blame you for all of this nonsense! You're the real reason these two guys are going back and forth! I think you should pack it up and head on over to the Fountain site where you're boat is more appropriate.

Oh yeah, why don't you sell me that poor old Mustang you picked up? I'll give you what you paid for it.

(Just kidding, of course! Welcome to this site and stick around. It is more about the good stuff than this nonsense. On the speed issue, I know it is of no concern to you or anyone else for that matter. It's just that these guys love tweaking these old motors to see what they can get them to do. It's not really about getting another 2 or 4 mph. It's just a hobby.)

-JMurph
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:29am

this is the style of rub rail they used back then. Might ask scott where he sourced it believe it was from Taco metals
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:19am
'70, here is a pic of Marshall Morgan's 1970 Mustang. Minus the front buckets, it appears to be mostly original (at least what you can see):

The rub rail appears to be 1 piece, all stainless. I wouldnt bother changing yours, as it looks pretty good. Theres no need to go back to original- like the windshield, it doesnt look completely out of place on the boat. Just enjoy it how it is!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 9:00am
8122, I'm not relly sure. He and I didn't relly talk too much when we picked it up as I didn't want him to change his mind about selling it to me. What was supposed to go there...rope insert? I'm indifferent either way so I'll probably go ahead and put what ever came in it origianlly. Thanks in advance for the insight!

Jim ~

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:34am
I was part of the conversation, then I state I did the same thing you did,    2_nautiques, TRBenj called you on the speed claim as well.

Then we explain hey didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and started to talk about other members boats and what they have done to them, then you just go off and jump off the deep end after we're saying sorry didn't mean anything by it.

Bit of a short fuse if you ask me, then Doc jumps in to attack me and you continue to do the same so Come on Down and Bring your Bad ASS Self.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:30am
Man, this thread goes from entertaining to painful. I joined this site when it first got started, but never signed on because no one was here. There's a great group now. Don't screw it up. There has never been a site like this for old Correct Crafts.   Everyone needs to learn how to bite their tongue a little bit. 70Mustang, you got a nice boat. All you other guys add a lot to the site. Boat Doc, don't go away. 79 settle down.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 7:47am
62 wood, it may very well be the case. I really don't know. I was told that the OMC 230 is a Chevy 305. I haven't researcherd any of it as of yet personally. I was also told she would run 60 and I was set straight by 79. I mean you would have thought I took his candy bar away.

As for your comment about "top speed", that is my point exactly. Top Speed, Low Speed, No Speed, Who gives a "F"........79

Anyhow, thanks for yet another compliment. She is a really nice example of a Mustang and I'm glad to have her in my toy box.

Have a great weekend WOOD......

By the way 79, this is MY posting here....if you can't get along with those who want to talk about my boat then get the "f" out of this conversation and go start you a new thread you jerk. I've had just about all I can stand of you and you line of BS. I now realize why my phone rang for over 2 hours last night and everyone had the same complaint....YOU!! Go F yourself and enough and take you BS to another thread. Got it? If you want to further this I'll be glad to look you up in July when we head to Destin, FL....I'll see what what kind of balls you have in person. Lord knows you talk a huge game from you keyboard...

Jim ~

Jim ~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 7:34am
Jim, I was just looking at the pictures of your great looking boat again. Do you know why the previous owner put the modern rub rail on it? Was it for extra protection because it has the vinyl insert in it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:43am
here's a thought why don't we go back and look at who is attacking who and who is starting the sh*t maybe then you might see your foolish ways.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:39am
YOU are so full of sh*t BILLY BOB and if you put a vote to it you just might be suprised in the results.

VERY CONFIDENT IN WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM

SELF ESTEEM please and you talk about my spelling. Maybe you should look at all the personel attacks you make? bit of double standard that BS your typing.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:26am
Chris I really feel sorry for you ,thats the only way to express your pent up feeling and low self asteem.I am very comfortable with my gender,my weight and my looks,don't you wish you could say the same.
Poor Chris, jim looks at the pics you have plastered all over this site and arrives at the same conclusion I have,TUBBO.
Someone other than me don't like your crap either, And your answer to this is we are talking about you behind your back,now that is childish behavior Chris.The next thing you will tell us is your Daddy will whip my Daddy.
Give it a rest Broshur,I think the rest of the site is tired of your ranting ,I know i am.........I am sure you are a nice guy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:06am
I got It Doc CALLed you YOU must like d*ck too or are you two butt buddies.

I Hear there are alot of them types in the swamps and there are only STEERS AND QUEERS in texas never seen a steer type with hooves.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 12:03am
Hey, 79 aint no double chin. It's all muscle.
Tim D
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 11:59pm
Jim,
Congrats on a nice looking ride!...CHEVY to boot!!!   Life doesnt get much better... Got a question on the 305 tho...I dont think GM started using that motor in cars til around 75 or 76.   Could it be a 307 by chance? Doesnt matter, just wondering?

As for top speed 50 ...60...who really cares.. You got a GREAT deal on a SKI BOAT!!

Please stick around and enjoy ..btw, I own a "primered out" Chevelle...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 11:38pm
79, no hard feeling there "double chin". I haven't been ran off nor do I let little chicken Sh*t stuff like this bother me. We're out here having too much fun to let the fat @ss guy driving the primered out Chevelle bother us. His rig may be faster but my ride looks better and will always start up on the first crank. :0)

Anyhow, you guys be good and I'll try to get some footage of this ride under power. Then you can continue to carry on with your crowd about how "you told me so" and what not.

Until then I'll get the others some more pics and I appreciate the views of those who opted to call me with the apologies for some members. (not mentioning any WHALES) We're not going anywhere but rather just getting camp set up.

Those of you rubes that want to continue this "TOP SPEED" BS continue to type your little sausage fingers off (no offense to you there 79). As for us? We're just gonna enjoy another bigger / better stary night here in the lone star state! :0)

Jim ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic