Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hot water shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hot water shower
    Posted: March-03-2007 at 7:30pm
can someone tell me what all i need to install a hot water shower on my 1994.is this pretty easy to install/make..i see skidim sells them but 250 seems really really pricey..im sure theres a cheap and easy way..thanks ryan
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 7:40pm
I paid the bucks years ago.Works well but basicly a 12 volt pump.Hot out of engine block,cold out of raw water pump between pump and motor and a mixing valve that lets you adjust temp.The bad part is motor must be running so your on platform with gas fumes and that can be bad as we all know.But it will extend season by warming suits and when we used to motorhome at the lake I showered out there many an evening.All of mine including the mixing valve is under the doghouse hose comes out side ot back seat.

Goodluck Munday
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 9:54pm
I have never seen one but read all the time boats have them.Is it a shower of Lake water heated by the boat ?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 11:28pm
yes ultra. its water from the engine which did come from the lake
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 12:19pm
Ultra,

The shower is a great add on, but as Munday said the motor does need to be running since the water source is the raw water supply/return. CC no longer offers them from the factory quite possibly because of the exhaust hazard. They are nice for warming the suit or yourself on a cold day, mine get as much use as a toy for the kids.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 1:30pm
I put one in my '78 and I found that I used it more for washing down than for anything else. We really enjoyed it.

I pieced mine together and saved quite a bit of money over a kit. Mine probably performs better than the average kit too. I used a pressure pump similar to the ones on yachts that are made for pressurizing potable water systems. And I used a really nice garden hose nozzle that maintained a good seal when not in use. When I turned on the switch, it would build-up pressure and then sit idle until it is put to use.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 1:40pm
Ryan, I hope your installing it for your wife, and if you wear your wetsuit and drink alot of beers you can keep warm naturally
"the things you own will start to own you"
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 1:45pm
An inexpensive option is a 12volt pump from harbor freight tools, and a y fitting that you use a gardenhose for a mixing valve. I didn't need one because mine never really gets to hot when I use it in colder weather.

Rob
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 5:52pm
eric-actually its for moi...april may and october can get a little cold...even after my wetsuit and a case of beer.....i really only want it to be hot, i dont need the cold water...so i need a 12 v pump a piece of hose and a nozzle...so i run a hose from the manifold to the pump0a piece of hose from the pump to the nozzle....????????..my wife thinks that in order to get in the water its gotta be like bath water....doesnt happen to often here in ohio.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:34pm
Ryan, be careful. If I only use the hot side of my shower, it is hot enough to burn skin. At least on ours, you do need to be able to mix cold water to avoid scalding the user. BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 8:44pm
   Good advise BKH.Water from your home water heater shouldn't be any more than 125 degrees at best,and most people mix that with a little cold.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:24pm
guess i never realized how hot it would be.im just trying to make something up for cheap...wifes been on my ass ever since the stereo deal..i know aprils/may doesnt get too warm up here...would be nice to shower down before and after a set...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:39am
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

guess i never realized how hot it would be.

Im guessing you would get 160 degree water if you take the feed from the block.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 12:31pm
Ryan, there is a DIY thread on PN about how to make a shower. IIRC it was about $50 in parts. Good luck.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 12:41pm
if you put a "T" fitting in at your raw water hose and a "T" fitting at the hose running from the thermostat to the exaust manifold, then take those two hoses and run them into a "Y" fitting.

You can use the two valves as mixing valves untill you mix the right temp. Take the hose from the Y fitting and run it to an inexpensive pump.

similar to this one at northern tool.
Then run hose to a sprayer end.

Rob
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 4:35pm
rob- thanks alot for the info....seems simple enough now!
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:23pm
Ryan,

I went ahead and bought the HeaterCraft kit from Boaters Outlet over the web - BoatersOutlet.com, $200 plus tax. I looked around for valves, controls and a shower head but could not find any pieces / parts as nice as what comes in the kit. I figured I paid about an extra $50 for these versus buying what you can find at a hardware store. I still ended up buying more hose and fitting because of the "custom" installation I wanted to do. I am just about finished and only need to do the final connections to the engine - tomorrow. I already ran it with a supply from a bucket of water. I plan on using it this weekend to fill my wetsuite since the air temp in Orlando will be about 80, but the water temp will be in the 60's.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 10:51pm
dude you dont need a wetsuit for those temps...thats perfect
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 11:01pm
I am spoiled and I know it. We go early before it warms up and the jet skiers trash the lake.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:42am
Mark, I think you need to come up here with the northern group and take some lessons from the Polar Bear club. It only takes a couple minutes to cut a hole in the ice with a chain saw! You do know we jump into frozen lakes just for fun!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:55am
Mark P what lake are you on in Orlando do you know Madmax and Blondiegirl? they boat on conelly I think.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:08pm
Here are some shots of a factory installed shower on a PCM Chevy 350.

Cold Water Supply

Hot Water Supply

Pump

Shower Head and Temp Adjust Valves

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:38pm
thanks quinner..
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 6:49pm
Conley? Do you mean Conway? I have only been on the Conway chain once when my daughter was taking wakeboard lessons from Lauren Harf, Danny Harf's sister. I do not know Madmax and Blondiegirl. I ski on Big Sand Lake and the Butler chain. Are you from Orlando?
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 6:57pm
Not a chance. Winter sucks. I lived too many years up north and do not plan on moving back unless somebody pays me tons, and I mean tons of money to move back. By the way, the water temp was 72 yesterday.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2007 at 3:38pm
tribal where did you mount the pump?>..does it matter where at?.
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 11:47am
Ryan,

Make sure you mount it where it will stay dry, i.e. not down in the bilge. I mounted mine in the back on the rack for and between the ballast tanks. I used a piece of marine plywood to mount it on.

Mark
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 12:13pm
thats where i was gonna mount it..(bilge area)...makes sense....
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 5:18pm
I mounted mine on the top of the stringer next to the starter that way it is above the water, but close to all the connections that need to be made.

Rob
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 7:08pm
thanks for the help guys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic