NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

81nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 81nautique
    Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:17am
Allan did you ever get a set of exhaust manifolds? saw this on e-bay today

exhaust
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:37am
Yeah Chris, I saw that the other day but of course I've already purchased a set. His shipping price is a little out there though.

I found a pair of mainfolds only for $159 each, new. That was a good price as well since they retail for $199 from Skidim. Shipping was $36 from florida. I did ok but that deal above is a steal since you get risers too. Thank for keeping an eye out for me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:43am
so how was the meeting with the machine shop?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 12:58pm
I think I'm 2 weeks away from getting it back, but he now has all the parts he needs to get after it.    They're a pretty well equiped shop but they're busy as hell. He specializes in performance and marine engines so he's got circle track ,drag engines and all the marine guys who all need their engines at the same time for spring. Supposedly he only needs a few days to get it done but it's on long list.

I could use the 2 weeks anyway. I bought a table top sand blasting cabinet and have been gla$$ beading and painting all the bolt on pieces. Still have to clean the bilge but's it too cold out yet to be running water, soon though. I think it will take me a couple weekends to put it all back together once I get started.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:45pm
Hey Alan,

Would you be able to post some pictures of the sandblasted parts as they have been repainted? I'm not an engine guy, but I love to see them clean. It would be cool to see how you redo yours.

Thanks,
-JMurph
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Hey Alan,

Would you be able to post some pictures of the sandblasted parts as they have been repainted? I'm not an engine guy, but I love to see them clean. It would be cool to see how you redo yours.

Thanks,
-JMurph

I figure once I get everything ready to a$$emble I would post a few pics. I have four tables of parts in different stages of readiness in my garage. The gla$$ beading takes old paint off instantly and can get you down to bare metal if you need to pretty easily. $79 for a gun and cabinet from harbor freight. The cabinet is large enough to get most items inside, ie: timing chain cover, exhaust risers, motor mounts, thermostat housing, etc. Oil pan and bell housing won't fit so they'll get hit with a presure washer, cleaned and painted.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:41pm
Pretty godd price on the maniflods. I paid that much for one, without riser from Southeast C/C last week, right Chris?

I second the request for pics Alan. Was just scanning the slide show of the reunions and saw you boat. Sure wish mine looked that good. MM knows of a guy that will paint it, might go that way. I have no time or place to hit mine with sandpaper. 'Course I am scared too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Pretty godd price on the maniflods. I paid that much for one, without riser from Southeast C/C last week, right Chris?

hell I don't know you wrote the check. it was just under 200 I think
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:24pm
Thanks jbear, Before I started messing with the engine I finished reworking all the chrome. Everything is either new or rechromed now except the gas filler. I found new steering bezels and had the airguides rechromed. The dash looks awesome. Pics in a few weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic