Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curved Tips

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
72Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curved Tips
    Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:28pm
I have a 1972 Correct Craft Martinique and it doesnt have any mufflers in it. I had been ready to buy mufflers for it when I found out that they do not make them small enough to fit in the 3-3.25" wide space that my exhaust pipes run through. Does anyone know how well curved exhaust tips work to dampen the sound or where you can purchase them?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 1:46pm
72, Are you having problems with the law who is equiped with a decibel meter or do you just want to quiet it down? I do think that in most states the older boats are "grandfathered". Personally, I love the way the old boats sound and was disappointed when the started putting on mufflers!

To get anything in the boat, you may need some major work done under the floor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 4:06pm
look on ebay some come up there once in awhile that might work out for you.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 6:02pm
Check this thread out.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3257&hl=mufflers&st=60
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:28pm
I had some made for my boat that work well,took off the rap and made the sound more mellow.I think I went thru Overtons to get them.I'll check the boat this weekend since I can't find the brochure.They are a fibergla$$ tube with reducers on each end to connect to your rubber pipes.Inside the tube is what looks like paper cup,with the tops facing the reducers,but made out of fibergla$$,with 1/2 of the side cut out.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:38am
72, The smallest mufflers I'm aware of are the Dapers. The ones for 3" hose are 4" in dia. so they won't fit!! My 77 Tique has the "first generation" fibergla$$ mufflers but I know their dia. is larger than the 3.25" you need. Besides, they don't do much!

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page429.htm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:56am
You may want to try contacting Eddie Marine. They have a several styles of mufflers and silencers that may work. They have some slip-in styles that should go right into existing exhaust hose- not sure if they offer 3" but it may be worth a call.
72Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 12:49pm
There aren't any laws that I know of about sound levels on my lake, but my boat is just too loud for what I do with it. I love to wakeboard and wakesurf, and it is too loud, especially when I am wakesurfing. I appreciate the input from everyone. I sent an email to the maker of the STE tips (from the Malibu post). It looks like they have in tube mufflers that would fit 3" pipe, so I asked about that. I am also going to contact Eddie Marine and see what they have that might work. Thank you again, and if anyone else knows of a solution, I would appreciate it.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 6:49pm
Here is where mine came from-http://www.marinemuffler.com/
However mine are 4",I had them made shorter, they are under the Primex Ski Boat link,they do have a custom link-http://www.marinemuffler.com/custom.html
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic