NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jbears 351
    Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:50pm
Here are a few pics of yesterdays adventure. Thanks to MM, 79Nautique, Backfoot, ReidP, BlondieGurl and Mark's bro, Keith.

79 and Backfoot

Backfoot and ReidP

New heads and manifold
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:53pm
Keep the pics coming Jbear. Gee, no one's shown up at my place to work on my boat! BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:58pm
That looks awesome! I wish I could have been there!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:00pm
A few more.

Backfoot-when ya need a little muscle

79, MM, Backfoot

Eddie, Chris, Reid
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:05pm
A few more; Thanks to BKH for the help!

Eddie, Chris and BlondieGurl

Blondie and Eddie

MM, his bro, Keith whose shop we used and Eddie
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:06pm
Wow!!!!! Can I be next.Looks great! New heads and intake?
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:12pm
A few more. Hope we ain't bored yet.

MM, Keith, Eddie

Chris "why is john using ****** points?"

Again: thanks to all you guys. You know Ida never been able to do it alone. Thanks to MM for getting it all started, Reid for finding the heads, Blondie for all her running around, Chris and Eddie for their expertise and Keith for the use of his shop. What a great bunch! Where else could a guy get all this help?!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:17pm
John, Man does that engine look clean! How was the test drive?
Scott
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:20pm
this was the start of the day!

these are the new valve covers!

this is reids custom paint job!

this is the intake manifold!

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:23pm
Yeah Scott, you are next, except I mean you are next to work on the boat. Now that these guys have me fixed up so I ain't stock no more, I gotta get the outside fixed up to match. So I figured since I had this expert help on the engine I better look for a expert for the out side. Since I remember this fellow Ohio guy who really did an awesome job on this Torino........

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:25pm
Great pics! Those valve covers could blind someone. Scott
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:27pm
MM: Thanks for jumping in with your pics!
Great day!

Scott: No test ride-We had a points problem. Problem was I had not replaced anything in 100 hours. But I did have a tune-up kit under the dash. Saved Chris from having to do something ugly to the dumb boat owner. Well he knew I never lift the motor box!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:28pm

To MM, Backfoot, Reidp, Blondie and 79,

WOW!!!!!! You all are awesome. Jbear certainly seems like the deserving guy, but you all went above and beyond. Nice job guys. That engine looks great. Reidp, I'll be dropping my boat off at your house next weekend. I expect no less.

-JMurph
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Yeah Scott, you are next, except I mean you are next to work on the boat. Now that these guys have me fixed up so I ain't stock no more, I gotta get the outside fixed up to match. So I figured since I had this expert help on the engine I better look for a expert for the out side. Since I remember this fellow Ohio guy who really did an awesome job on this Torino........

john

OK, but I don't have a good looking team like you do.
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:37pm
I just seen pitures of your team......they look mighty good to me. Wish me and mrs jbear had two guys at home like that.....our little boy is 37. And not at home anymore!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:50pm
break time!

back to work!

here's the one that did all the work!

we even made him do the clean up work!

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:56pm
MM; Everyone on here knows that pic of me workin' has gotta be a fake.

Now the pic of me cleaning is another matter. Cleaned the carpets and upholstrie (sp?) again today before putting the boat away. Actually tho, not much to do, everyone was very careful considering how much engine work you all did.

john

PS: how do you size the pics just right? Mine seemed to big.
"Loud pipes save lives"

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 2:21pm
It was a great day. So nice to meet everybody. We started out at SECC and we were all like kids in a candy store when we went walking through their warehouse. I, of course had to show the guys what a real ski boat (American Skier) looked like that was in the used boat section of the lot. We got to see MM's boat with the new K&N installed. Mark that thing rocks!!! Then the best surprise of all was Blondie willing to turn wrenches and gettin' dirty with the rest of us and then running for parts and eats. Mark, you better take really good care of her! You don't find 'em like that very often. 79 was the master of ceremonies and really knows his stuff when it comes to a CC with a Blue Oval under the cover. I was impressed! Thanks Chris! Keith, Mark and Reid were certainly just as impressive. They really are pa$$ionate about their boats and it's awesome that there are still people willing to help anyone in need and we all know John is certainly in need. Thanks also to John because if it wasn't for him, none of this would've happened. Then there's the free lunch, dinner and beer!!!!!! John, call me when you get ready to do a water test. I want a ride in that thing. I am glad that you got the interior cleaned up. I felt kinda bad about a few stains that I'm sure were hard to get out but we did the best we could to keep it clean.

I had a great time getting to know all of you and even play with something different than a Chevy for once! I learned quite a bit. We gotta do that again!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 2:26pm
Holy Crap, I'm a senior member!!!!! No more Groupie!!!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 3:51pm
Looks like a pretty successful day. Let's see we got Wisconsin, N. Carolina, Ohio, Indiana and of course Florida represented there. Not a bad turnout.

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 5:30pm
Jbear,
It all looks good. I'm glad to see that there was a picture of you with a wrench in your hand, or was that finger nail clippers?

Can't wait to hear stories of how it runs.

Chuck

P.S. BKH, I'm with you, just waiting.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 6:07pm
Nice clean motor Jbear, guess I need to do that to mine one day, its still stock.

And that was awsome that all you guys, oh and blondie spent time to go help out
RootRacing
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 6:22pm
Congrats Eddie...a groupie now. I got your prize, the radio control boat. I'll return it to ya when we do the test ride.

Chris; You were the MC as Eddie said. You do know your stuff, big time. As they say, facks is facks! You left your new boat book in my truck. You can get it when we take the test ride. You gotta go along with me and Eddie.

What a fun day. Who's next? I am in, at least to help clean up!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:05pm
I need to adjust the carb anyway and install the choke stat too. Be sure and change that before you take it out otherwise it's going to run like crap.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:35pm
I will go to Advance and pick one up before we go. It'll be easier to tweak the carb in the water anyhow, right?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:52pm
A few more..

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:58pm
I don't know John. Looks like the graphics are getting pretty scratched up on the back, and when's the last time you oiled that swim step. Tell you what. If you finish up that choke work, I'll give you 3 grand for it BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:11pm
See "backfoot" taking a nap under the boat in pic #2..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:13pm
MM: I found 2 reciepts in the box of leftover parts. Both are from PBF Performance so I am guessing they are for my boat. Well also in there was a reciept for a fuel pump and an old pump but I figured they were yours.

The one with "jbear" on the top=$47.93
second one......................$36.44
total...........................$84.37

Sound right to you? Can I send ya a check or do you have pay-pal? Whichever is good for you.

Will it sound dumb to say "thanks" again? Doesn't seem like enough. Sure was fun tho, huh?

Hi to BlondieGurl please. She sure was a good sport about the whole day. Like mrs jbear, just happy to be around. Alth I can't imagine Patti jumpin' in the boat to scrape gaskets.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:14pm
John;
Yupper, you want to adjust all that stuff on the water. Then you know the thing is dialed in.

Mark, those are some awesome pics. DAMN that engine looks nice!!!!

All;
Look at what Chris lookin' at on the second pic that MM just sent!!! That's cla$$ic!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
  Share Topic