NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

See "backfoot" taking a nap under the boat in pic #2..

HEY, I NEEDED A BREAK!!!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

All;
Look at what Chris lookin' at on the second pic that MM just sent!!! That's cla$$ic!

haha..haha..haha! Think any one will notice if I grab that beer!!! haha..hahaha..haha

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:29pm
Brian: Please you are killin' me. I know it looks bad. Parking outside is really puttin' the hurt on my graphics. I have never stored outside up till now. Same with the swim plat. Sun just eats the teak oil. So I leave it, then clean and teak just before we go somewhere. Just can't accecpt $3k for it tho. May look bad on the outside but has a killer motor. I used to be embarresed to raise my motor box, now I am braggin' on it.

Never noticed Eddie sacked out under the boat! Was a long day. Damn them points.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:30pm
I was looking for a lost solder and that wasn't it no blue coolie. nice shot of ED acting like he was going to install the fake-a-lake, he just wanted to nap.

hell I don't work unless there is beer close by, mark and I where about 2 minutes away from poping a coldie at his place waiting for reid to get there hell had to send out a scout to fetch him the way it was.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:45pm
Just got back in from Daytona and the races a few minutes ago. Had a rather disturbing message on my answering machine from Mark Martin. Apparently he's seen the picts posted here and is really upset, stating that if we'd put that effort and teamwork into his engine on Saturday afternoon, he'd won that race yesterday. Heartbreaking, but he'll/we'll get over it.

John called me this morning on the way back to give his sincere thanks to the guys for helping with this project. I hopefully didn't detract from the moment when I informed him that I was very confident that the rest of us enjoyed the day as much or more than he did. We were just looking for an excuse to get together and John provided. And it was even more fun helping someone like John. NEXT!!

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:54pm
Reid I was scream throw the yellow throw the yellow flag, Mark had a great run and it would have been nice to get the win, I was telling all my racing buddies mark's going to win with about 30 laps to go, oh so close.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:02pm
Mark shoulda took a little more of that stuff that used to sponser him...he'da had just that "little bit extra" needed to cross that line first.

Glad to hear ya made it safely. Hi to Laurie and pat them 2 great dogs on the head for me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:19pm
    WOW!!! Jbear this is amazing!! I just opened the email ya sent and had to take a sec to check it out here!! I can just imagine the blast you had with the great CCfan crew. The engine looks great!! Super job!!

Jeff...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:56pm
What day are you guys going to do that water test? If its on a day that we can make it, and I can steal my bros truck we would love to be there for that! Paypal sounds good just give me a call whenever!

You also have to cut one of those flame arresters down, and hook up the vacum hoses!                     
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 10:10pm
you mean vent hoses right? the one vaccum hose is connected already and you're talking about the Fuel pump and breather hose right Mark?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 11:24pm
Water test probably won't be for a few weeks. Next couple Saturdays are spoken for. But I will let you know so maybe you and Keith can join us. Its a long ride over so you'll have to stay for something to eat and a cold one. Blondie too of course if she wants to come.
I remember about the flame arrestor. Gotta find a band saw. I have to do something with the hose as it is a different size at each end now. Gotta go to the parts store with the parts and see if they have some sort of adaptor.

Don't use pay-pal much. All I need is your e-mail I think right? I'll call ya to make sure of the amount and to make sure I do it right.

john

Chris: I have to adapt the vent hose from the fuel pump and the hose from the oil breather back to the arrestor is different at each end now. So I guess I gotta go to the parts store to see if I can get an adaptor.
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:07am
yeah...thats what I meant, for those of you that dont know 79 let me tell you this, he can back up all the talk, when it came time do the work he went to town, and he really knows alot about these boats, He earned my respect, all you have to do is give him a few dozen buds and he works his a$$ off..

And if you ever need anything torqued to 125lbs, backfoot is your guy!

eveybody did what they did, and the end result is it turned out nice, and we had a great time doing it, its to bad we didn't get a chance to get the boats wet, but it got to late and way to cold(points suck)

Reid..Glad to see you made it home ok, that was a great race! I wanted mark martin to win it also!

jbear..thanks for lunch and dinner it really hit the spot, both times, Its was a good thing we found that leaky manifold when we did or you may have had big problems down the line!   
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:04am
Well, at least now I know which guys make house calls hahahahaha..... Great job you guys !! Jbear, the motor looks awesome.. I'm sure you'll get the bugs worked out..

Chris, anytime you want to hang out up in Green for a week let me know

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:13am
Dave thanks for the invite, so what is it you need done to your motor?

For those that haven't meet Dave and his family your missing out, quality people through and through
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:27am
Hahaha Chris, I was hope'n you could do some work around the house.. Hell if all I have to do is feed you beers,,,,,,,. !!

I think you'll like the motor I've got in the new boat, other than the fuel leak, she runs out real nice.. It's everything else that needs help !!!

I hope you and your boy can make it back up to spend time in Green this summer.. We sure had a great time last year.. Thanks for the kind words about us "FIPS"... hahaha, hey congrats to the Colts again big guy...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:40am
John,

It's great seeing all these pictures. Great group of gentlemen, wrenching away. Wish I had all that knowledge. Keep posting pics., John. Someday, I want a ride in that awesome boat!

Ken
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:52am
Nice job guys (and girl) Looks great! Sounds like you had a great time.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:46pm
Ken: I'll trade ya rides. I would really love to be back in your boat for a ride. Would bring back more awesome memories than you can ever imagine.

It is amazing how much these guys know, and how eager they are to share.

Eddie, 79 and MM: Looks like I am gonna get the boat wet this Sunday. If I don't go this weekend it'll be a month before I can get back to it and I can't wait that long. Once we get into March we will have company from up north every weekend as it is Spring Training. I will be home from Church about noon and will leave shortly there after to get the boat and head for Lake Shipp, unless you have a better option Eddie. Let me know if you wanna go guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:01pm
jbear- You need to update your diaries listing to include a picture of that great looking engine. I can never believe how great your boat looks in the diary listings. You must really scrub on that thing.

-JMurph
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:13pm
Thanks jmurph. I am not sure how to change pics in the Diaries. Those pics in there are from 3 years ago when I bought the boat. The guy I bought her from, Dixelegger from this site had her looking great. The interior is still sweet but if you look close in our motor pics you can see that parking her out in the Florida sun has taken its toll. 81 Nautique has shared the program for new graphics but to date I have not been able to work up the courage to take the sandpaper to her.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 5:32am
Changing the pictures should be easy for the newest picture posting guru on this site.    Actually, you just need to click "Modify this post" in your diary listing and you should be able to add another picture from there.

-JMurph
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 8:41am
John I can make it Sunday, did you get the choke stat we've got to have that otherwise it's going to be a short ride. I'll bring my vaccum gauge to set the carb and if Ed can make it and bring the timing lite I'd like to bump up the timing a little. I'll give you a call Saturday.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:02am
Sunday is good for us too, if I can get a truck, is it ok if I bring my boat? You need to make sure to get the right spark plugs also, the ones that are in it now may be to hot!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:08am
Tim you basicly have the same parts john does what plug are you using in yours?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:10am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

You need to make sure to get the right spark plugs also, the ones that are in it now may be to hot!

The GT40p's use the same plug as the standard GT40's: Autolite 764
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 2:37pm
I'm in guys. My In-Laws are in town for the week so I can't spend the whole day but a few hours will work out fine. I would rather be with you guys anyway!!! I can bring the timing lite and Lake Shipp would be fine. The canals going to the other lakes might be kinda low though. The last time I went through them on New Years, they were only about 1.5' deep by my depth finder. I have a friend with a Malibu that went through them about three weeks ago and they got through but they had to stay in the middle of the canal and they were churning up a lot of sand. He said that his depth finder didn't even register most of the time so they are low. We could also go to any other lake. I know quite a few of them. We can figure that out when we gwt there. Just let me know where and when to meet.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:08pm
Make sure I get a phone call once you get crankin. Those heads were hardly weened and I want to know that they're doing OK. Howard Lane, beautiful 70 red Mustang HM in Diaries, just bought a set today from the same company. I'm so wishing I could be there. But I'll be OK as hopefully I'll get to see Waterdog in Eastern NC this weekend. He got his new 86 Silver SN.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:53pm
dude is in.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:15pm
This is an awesome thread. It's great seeing all the pictures and all the work you guys did. It's even more inspiring to hear how you seem to enjoy each other's company and all the comraderie that comes from such an event. That's what makes this site so good. I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope I can make it to GL to actually meet some of you folks.

All the best to all of you. Jbear, you deserved this. It's great to see you on the receiving end--you've given so much to this group. All the best to all of you!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

....as hopefully I'll get to see Waterdog in Eastern NC this weekend....   

Reid,

Are you going to be at Lake Gaston this weekend?

-JMurph
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
  Share Topic