NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Redneck motor hoist

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 1:41pm
Ken,

Look a the previous page. 79 cut the boat in half and used the front of it for a bar. It looks pretty cool, and he parted out much of the rest of the boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 2:02pm
R.I.P

I'm sure it will get a lot of use in its new life. Make sure you use coasters, Chris.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 2:04pm
What did 79 do with the stern???
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 2:29pm
I believe he still has it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 3:11pm
I might be interested in buying the rear section with the graphics on it. 79, are you out there??

Ken
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 3:41pm
Leave it to Ken to want the "rear end"
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 3:43pm
below the belt, ouch.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 4:19pm
If anyone is interested in creating a bar from a 67 Mustang hull let me know. I've got one to scuttle or give away. I'll post it today or tomorrow in the Parts for Free section.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by 2001_Cuz 2001_Cuz wrote:

Leave it to Ken to want the "rear end"

That's my challenged cousin, Eric. He's very proud of the fact that he learned how to spell and form a sentence. Next week his helmet comes off. He will always have to take the short bus to pick up his meds though. Dr. says, though Eric is challenged, his ding-dong may have a chance to grow in someday.

Ken
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 5:27pm
Just in case we forgot...the shorts about sum it up. Again this was taken last summer. Is that a rainbow belt?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 5:56pm
Bwahahahahaha.... Scared for life eh Ken?? Geeze..

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

If anyone is interested in creating a bar from a 67 Mustang hull let me know. I've got one to scuttle or give away. I'll post it today or tomorrow in the Parts for Free section.    

Reid, ever see the show Motoart, they made furniture out of airplane parts. pretty cool stuff. You could start a new business, "Boatoart" You could be rich and more famous.

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by SMay81SN SMay81SN wrote:

Brian,
Looks like fun! Have fun redoing the boat. I wish I could have done that before I sold the 81 that Chris now has cut in half.

Scott,

That makes me really sad to see the before and after pictures of that '81. It does look like a cool bar, but I would much rather have seen it restored.   LET'S NOT START A FREE FOR ALL ON CUTTING OLD CORRECT CRAFTS IN HALF. If you guys really want a bar that bad, then go with a Mastercraft. It will be easier on your saws all also.

Reid,

What's wrong with that Mustang that it can't be restored? Why not offer it as a restoration project?

I would be a little offended if someone bought my 79 and cut it in half.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 6:28pm
Jmurph,

In 79's defense, when he bought that boat it had been striped and a lot of it was parts out on this site. The kid who bought it from Scott's family is the one that tore it apart. Too bad because it didn't have to happen. That was a long sad post watching that boat taken apart piece by piece and Scott held up pretty well during the process.

I think 79 bought the whole deal mainly for the trailer and there was so much gone off the boat it ended up as a bar.

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 6:32pm
No offense intended to '79 or anyone else who wants to do it. It's really cool, but something also doesn't seem right about it.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 7:15pm
Roy Rogers had his horse stuffed as a tribute..
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:56pm
Jmurph, I'll definitely float the 67 out there for anyone that wants to attempt a resto and again, free of charge.

And just like I don't drink in lousy joints, I'm not gonna drink off a Mastercraft. Could possibly use one as the urinal though I suppose.

Thanks for the boatart idea Ken. There's probably some merit there. I'll see what I can come up with,..some rudder lamps, propeller candle holders, water pump bidet, etc, etc.. But if jbear doesn't cut out that "famous" crap, I'm gonna come up with an intake manifold doormat in two weeks.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 10:57pm

I'm not gonna drink off a Mastercraft.   

I move that this should be a rule for all CCfans. I hearby pledge to never drink off or in a Mastercraft.

I know this will be difficult for hollywood, quinner and all plbc boys, but I think it is a worthy ideal.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 11:59pm
No more crap from down south here. Don't want to upset the visitors to the manifold party.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:00am
I second that motion!! Also the urinal idea by Reid...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:06am
I agree with never drinking on or in a Mastercraft!

JMurph, yes it is hard to see that SN like that but it is also pretty cool...I know I have told Chris, I would like to meet him and drink a beer at the SN bar some time. Maybe have a picture taken in Memorial of our old 81 SN friend. At least I know it is still getting used in the same tradition I started with it... and the motor has gone on to live in Coreys 77 SN.
Cheers!
Scott
Our 94 SN
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 9:28am
Hey Scott: I hear the water level at Hideaway is WAY up and they drilled a well to water the golf course so it will stay up... Is it still looking full?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 9:35am
Dude,

I promise that if I drink in a Mastercraft I will also use it as a urinal, kinda like mixin no.1 with a no.2!!

SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 7:23am
Dude, yes the lake level has gone up!! it was down 25 feet...I don't know if the well is completed yet but they say they are still going to pump water out of the middle lake to help water the golf courses. Yes the place should be called Hide-a-way golf couse now....
Scott
Our 94 SN
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:09am
Love the boat bar....If I ever run across a nonrestorable SN it would look great coming out of the large empty wall (vaulted ceiling) in the lake house, with a lake mural painted around it, and some kids skiing! Wonder what the wife would say? Either she'd love it or hate it...you can never predict. If another chick mentioned it, then its a go....from me, never!

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 11:00am
there was just too much striped from the boat and I didn't want to mess with trying to find the parts, tracking fin's, rudder, strut, seat brackets, motor box, bow cover plate. items that can be extremely hard to find if at all and didn't realy want to spend the cash to have custom parts made.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic