NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

71 Yellow Promo Progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Yellow Promo Progress
    Posted: December-19-2006 at 10:52pm
Remember this old 71 yellow SN Promo boat from the diaries? After it sadly languished in my whse for several years, I turned her over as a partnership to my old buddy Lance Freeman and he's worked some majic and it's really starting to take shape. SHE'S YELLOW AGAIN!! This boat was identical in color and black/white interior trim to the boat shown in the '72 brochure in the REF section. Lance says to look her (the boat) up in Orlando this Spring at the reunion, but make sure to bring your shades.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 12:35am
.......NNNN...NICE!!!!!!       
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 8:58am
Well there is no question now as to what color it is. Nice looking paint job. Can't wait to see that one finished.
Greg

86 BFN
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 9:01am
Looking good!!
Scott
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 10:24am
Nice boat!!
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 11:00am
Wow!
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 12:15pm
Hey reidp,

Whats up?

Hows the Cla$$ic doing?

Damn nice boat there!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 12:20pm
Haven't seen you in a while Paul. Happy Holidays to you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 2:03pm
That boat's looking great. Can't wait to see the finished product. Out of curiousity, did you get my email about that boat from the diaries section? Have a good trip next week. We'll be pa$$ing through at the lake next week and heading to South Carolina to see family.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 2:12pm
That looks great! I'm going to try to make it to the Orlando Reunion this year, you guys have some nice boats down there.
DougsdevilCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougsdevilCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 8:55pm
excellent, looks great!
CCcruiser
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 9:36pm
Paul: Great to see you back....where ya been?

Hollywood: Great news, we'd love to see you and any other PLBC boys at the Orlando reunion. That'll spice it up. Me and MM have been talkin' about what we can do to get all the C/Cfers together in the same place.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 12:40am
That boat is hot! I will be looking for that one.

Hollywood.. You get around more then a hooker on a bicycle, hope you can make it. Bikini season will be in full swing by then..
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 9:06am
mmmm... hookers on bicycles... I think im gonna drop out of college and organize something like that for around here, whatta great business idea! thanks MaddMarxx!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 12:05pm
BKH,jbear

Busy busy busy guys!!! Work has been hell!!

Talks of layoffs and all that good stuff so....Alot of my time has been spent making myself look more valuable to the company.....

Sorry been out of touch for a while.

Will get back to it soon!!See ya guys hopefully at Green Lake??

Just pulled the motor out last night and doing some more work to it.... (More Power scotty)

paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 8:04pm
Paul: Hope it works out ok at work. We aare glad you have a little bit of time to get back on. Personaly I don't know about Green Lake but I doubt it if it is the same time as last year. Bummer. Would love to meet more of you guys. Hope you were careful when you removed the motor from that beautiful boat.

Have a great New Years!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:56am
Hey john,

Motor is out and on the motor stand already.

heads and intake are at machine shop and being port matched as we speak.

Next is fresh overhaul but not before i balance the crank and rods.

Wish me luck.

see ya soon and hope to meet you in the future

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 12:42pm
Hey Paul,
Good to hear you back on line. Sounds like a good project you've got going. Evey other week or so listen for my 318, I'm still running it through the winter. No ice on Lake Winnebago.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:28pm
Paul:

I just went back and looked at your boat again, can't believe you took out that beautiful motor.

I was at the Lake's house a few weeks ago and wished we could have met. Didn't realize you guys lived so close. Maybe next time. I am trying to plan another trip to your neck of the woods around the start of Baseball season.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 8:47am
Jbear,

I just can't leave well enough alone......

No Really....I had a rear main seal start leaking so i thought what the heck while i have it out might as well do a little work to it....Just wait.....it will look even better when i'm done this time....Kinda threw it together last time.

Anytime your over this way just let me know and we'll hook up and maybe chuck and i could get out the boats and take you to one of our local water holes and get you wet!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 8:49am
Hey chuck,

How are you buddy? I will be listening for ya over there at your pond!!

Man i would love to live on the lake!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 8:56am
Paul,

I'm doin' good.

Give me a call sometime when you're out in the garagee, I'd like to see how things are going with your engine.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:02am
Chuck,

I will be taking the heads off tonight and sending them off to be port matched next week, then preping short block(removing pistons)to have crank and pistons balanced following week!

Stop by if you want too.?

paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 10:52pm
Paul; Definatly will see ya when we are in town next time, about the start of Baseball season.

Post some pics if you would please of the motor when you get 'er done. Still can't believe you took it out. I see it all the time on my screen saver. Still one of my top five favorites.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 8:54am
Jbear,

Damn your making me blush old buddy........

I know you could do the same thing with your motor.....Just a little elbow grease and alot of money....That goes without saying!!

Thanks for the compliment..

If the rear main seal wasn't leaking i wouldn't have taken it out!But i figure while i have it out i might as well make it kick some a$$ and run a little more dependable at the same time!

When you make it out this way just shoot me an e-mail and let me and chuck know so we can prepare the two Red ride's for ya.

see ya soon,

Paul,

Another note: Has anyone have anything bad to say about the waterless graphite drive shaft seal system Vs wax rope old school way? Was thinking of installing one on my cla$$ic???
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:53am
I put A PSS Shaft Seal on my 77 Ski Tique and I really like it. Bilge stays dry

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Another note: Has anyone have anything bad to say about the waterless graphite drive shaft seal system Vs wax rope old school way? Was thinking of installing one on my cla$$ic???

Are you talking about the PSS shaft seal or the GFO gortex packing?

Ive heard good things about both. Ill be installing the GFO this spring.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 11:37am
I have the PSS shaft seal

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 12:48pm
paul

f**k that adjustment crap with the wax rope or any other rope for that matter regular maintance regardless. Get a dripless adjust it once and never worry about it again unless you replace the prop shaft, and the bulge stays dry too.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

and the bulge stays dry too.

Paul,

I installed the OJ shaft seal in my 81 last year and it works fine. No drips , easy to install and $50 cheaper than the PSS seal.

Plus, There's nothing better than a dry Bulge, Welcome back 79
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic