NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:43am
79, The CAD file is saved!! Also, these were made on the best quality of 3M Scotchcal. The printing was not actually printing but rather 3M's heat transfer thermal process. They are guarantee'd against fading for 5 years and that's 5 years in Florida with it in the sun all the time. The other AWSA and USA decals are printed with inks so they will fade long before these will. They look the same as the other ones IE: the vinyl is the same thickness and ther aren't any bumps between colors. The gloss is the same too. A pro vinyl guy or printer would be able to tell though.

The Scotchcal comes with the same backing sheet that is used on large grafics. You pre position and masking tape half of it to the surface first. Then you lift the other half and cut off half of the backing. Then stick half of the decal on. then remove the rest of the backing and finish sticking on the decal. This method gaurantees the proper position of the decal. I always wondered before seeing and using the system how they would get big decals on say the side of a semi trailer in the right spot!! Don't worry, I'm sending a instruction sheet with the decals!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:59am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Mojo, I only had the "Correct Craft since" made because it was larger than the ones currently available from say MWCC, White lake, Garzon studios, etc. I found about the 1980-81 downsize the hard way by buying all 3 and then looking though our ref. section. The other 2 are still available from the normal sources.

OK bear with us brain-cell challenged folks one more time on this size thing. By the above, are you saying that the flag like badge, the smaller one, is the only size that one was ever made, and just the "since 25" badge is the one that was originally (70s) bigger, but then got smaller, so if I get one of your larger since 25 badge and the currently store available, smaller flag one, my 76 tique will have the "original" set up?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 11:33am
75 you got it.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 2:25pm

I want two of them. I'm ready to pay as soon as you know the price. I'll send an email with my info. I noticed the black and white Correct Craft label behind the taped on decal. Did you have those made? My boat is missing those and I've been looking for replacements. I think the stock ones were chrome but I like the black better.

It all looks great! Thanks for the effort.

Work to live, not live to work.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 2:34pm
79, I believe that the black and white nameplates are pretty hard to come by. White Lake Marine has the chrome/black ones though: nameplates
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 2:40pm
Cool. Thanks for the lead TRB. Those will work.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 5:56pm
I got the invoice from the sign shop that made the decals. The total was $500 so I need to get $20 each plus $4 for mail and I will break even when I sell the 26 that were printed. I can be reached by email through my profile or directly at:

pbrainard@wistool.com

You can email and we will exchange address's. Label your emails as "decal" so I don't miss it.

I will also post all the info again in the "for sale" section.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:33pm
Is that $40 per set (pair)?
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 5:31am
Poster, Yes $40 for 2 and I'm asking $4 for mail.(priority)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 1:22am
Riley,
Do you still have the wake board decals? I am looking for a couple of those.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic