NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decals
    Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:02pm
Does anyone know where I can find the generic "Correct Craft since 1925" decals for my 77. I know the specific year decals are not available. The ones I found on line are too small to cover the original color of the gel that was under them and after 30 years the rest of the boat has darkened. The originals were 5 1/2" x 7" and the "replacements" I found are only 4 3/4" x 6". I have already been through trying to bring the gel coat back to it's original color from the name I removed on the transom from the previous owner. No amount of wet sanding or oxalic acid would remove it so I ended up having to re gel coat the entire tronsom.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:33pm
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:37pm
Tim D, Thanks, I'll have to get in touch with them for the size but I susspect it may be the same size I have. Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 10:27am
My fears have been confirmed after looking closely in the ref. section and then calling White Lake Marine. In about 1980 CC downsized their "correct Craft" decal to match the USA decal. Even the new USA decals are slightly smaller but will work since it only leaves a .050" shadow around its edges. White Lake and all the other sources only have the newer smaller versions. Well, I guess it's off to my sign shop again!! If anyone else is interested in the larger "Correct Craft" decals contact me since printing extra is not the major cost. I will have them made generic so they will be "since 1925" Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 5:35am
I took the "Correct Craft since 1925" decal to my sign shop and he will start the artwork requiged to enlarge it to the proper pre 1980 size. Artwork is required because unlike full size scans to produce same size decals (or any grafics), enlargement would produce a fuzzy reproduction. I should have the proof after the 1st of the year and decals shortly afterward. I will post their availability in the "for sale" forum.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 1:33am
Pete: I'm interested in what that's going to cost... My buddy has a 16 year old making decals for his 76 Whaler in his shop cla$$ at school. I've been wondering if I should have him make some extras for me...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 8:45pm
I've got 2 "Nautiques by Correct Craft since 1925 tm" stickers, but they are bumber sticker style and the nautique is black & beige and the other letters black. I got them at the factory. Possibly 93/94 SN. I also have 2 wakeboard shape stars and stripes stickers that I got at the factory. I don't need them. If anyone needs them contact me.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 12:16pm
8122, I am very interested in a couple of those decals for my 79 Ski Tique. Let me know how the quality is with this printer. I had some done but the colors were way off and they faded super fast.
Work to live, not live to work.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:20am
Dude and 79, The sign shop I go to was shut down for the week between the holidays so he is a little behind schedual. I will know exact pricing in a couple of days. They will be the same colors as original and will have the "since 1925" on them instead of being year specific. They will be identical to the ones you can find on line or at White Lake except the 5.55" X 7.1" size. They will be hot stamp printed on the best quality 3M stock and ink which has a 4 to 5 year life for outside exposure so if the boat is used seasonally, they should last 8 to 10 years.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 12:04pm
I would be interested in a set also, if the price is right.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 11:56am
Hey sounds great. I'll be placing an order so let me know when it's time.

79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 2:04pm
Any word on the Decals? I'd still like some if they came out OK. What's up?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:57am
The sign shop is almost done with the graphics. I stopped in on Monday to see what was going on and he's just behind schedual. Evidently he lost 1 employee plus the upper midwest winter weather is not kind to the guys making signs or rather putting them up!!! I'm as anxious as you are. Sorry I haven't posted the delay with the sign shop earlier.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 1:05am
Cool. I'll definitely be ordering some if thay come out good.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 8:18am
I have these graphics that I got at the factory 6 years ago. They are in good condition. I will give them to someone that has a boat that needs them.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 1:35pm
Riley, The graphics that I'm having the sign shop do are for the larger 5.55" X 7.1" pre 1980 "since 1925" decal. What size do you have? I just talked to my sign shop and they only have about 15 minutes of work on the CAD and I can go over and proof the work. Do you have the actual decals or the CAD work?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 5:51pm
Mine are 3" x 13". They are on some of the 90's Nautiques. M-3 Fan has them on his boat in the Rankin cover thread. I tried to upload them with photo bucket, but I guess it didn't work. They are factory stickers.

Got it to work.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 9:37am
Riley, I'd like those decals. Let me know what you want for them. Shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 10:20am
There in the mail.

I also have two of these.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 1:43pm
Finally!! I just came from my sign shop and proofed the artwork for the "since 1925" pre 80 larger decals. I must say that it looks great. I was also shown the corrections that needed to be done from the smaller after 80 decal. They are poorly registered. IE: the colors don't start and stop in relationship to other colors where they are supposed to. Now the artwork will go into the printer so I'm told this is the easy part and will have decals early next week. Once I get them , I'll put the cost's together.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:26pm
FINALLY!!! I got the decals from my sign shop. I'm told that he had problems with the CAD grafics that the brand new printer didn't like. He ended up having to get new software and develope the grafics again on CAD that the new printer understood. I will post all the details in the "for sale" section when I get the bill.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:30pm
it looks a little small like it 80% scale of the actual size. Is Mid west out of these or the other Regional dist.?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

it looks a little small like it 80% scale of the actual size. Is Mid west out of these or the other Regional dist.?

Chris, the decals Pete had made special are the larger ones. The smaller ones are the only ones available from MWCC and White Lake, which are originial on the 1980+ boats. All this info is on the first page of the thread.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:56pm
I thought they were going to be the same size as the originals?
Life is Good.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

I thought they were going to be the same size as the originals?

Looks like they are:

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:14pm
I got confused by the smaller sticker taped to the hull.

looks good.
Life is Good.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:42pm
Pete,
They look great..Did you make all three in the set or just the main one pictured ? I'd be interested in a set, as all the aftermarket ones "are" to small to replace.

Nice job !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:52pm
never knew there was a differance. Also if you compare the tique to the SN on the tique they are lined up along the bottom and the top for the SN

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:42am
Mojo, I only had the "Correct Craft since" made because it was larger than the ones currently available from say MWCC, White lake, Garzon studios, etc. I found about the 1980-81 downsize the hard way by buying all 3 and then looking though our ref. section. The other 2 are still available from the normal sources.

79, The decals were put on at the factory by hand and looking closely in the ref. pictures there isn't any consistency on the exact placement. Some are higher and some are lower. Some all do line up on the bottom like you noticed. If you look at the picture of the Tique that TR posted, it looks like the decal isn't even put on straight (plumb)!!

I'm hoping to get the bill today from my sign shop so I can put together costs. I had 26 printed because that's where a per piece price break was. This is going to be a non profit venture so I'm just going to divide it equally and add something for postage. I'll take care of the contribution to our CCfan site. I am really happy with his work even though he had problems and it took so long. I will go back to him on future projects.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:44am
just have him save the file that way he can always print more they do fade over time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic