Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Debonnaire

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BONGAGIRL1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BONGAGIRL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Debonnaire
    Posted: November-26-2006 at 12:20pm
Hello. I am new to this site. I have a rare 1964 Correct Craft Debonnaire (20')with a running 1964 426-Chrysler Marine Inboard Engine. It is a fibergla$$ boat with a removable hardtop. This boat was not ma$$ produced. It was a prototype and I believe only 3 were made. The engine was the first 426 ever manufactured by Chrysler. I am trying to find any info I can on the boat, including an estimated value. Can anyone offer any information or advice on how to proceed? Thank you!
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 6:58pm
Can you post some pictures of your boat?
Scott
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 7:53pm
That sounds awesome!!! See if you can get some pics posted . Welcome to the sight. Where abouts are you located?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2006 at 12:26pm
I have an old factory picture of a Debonaire on display at a Boat Show in the 60's this one is noted to have a Rolls Royce engine in it.
I can scan it and email it to you if you like.
It does have the hard top. Very nice looking boat. Can you email me pics of your boat?
michaelt@westmarine.com

Thanks, Mike Thrower
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2006 at 10:25pm
Is that a hemi?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:35am
I think it is a Hemi, chrysler used alot of them in the old Chris Crafts of that era
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:59am
Could be a 426 Wedge. A friend has one in a 63 Century. It has dual quads.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BONGAGIRL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:51am
It is a 426 (B-four barrel)rated at 290 hp. It is listed in the 1964 Chrysler Marine Manual (and on our valve covers)as a 290 Golden Commando.   
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 9:01am
426 Wedge it is. How about pics of the boat?, better yet, put them in the diaries section.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 9:13am
neat, lotsa po-tential, but I suspect that puny spark arrestor is choking that engine.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
oldskiboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskiboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 12:27pm
This URL may help. http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:ctVo1SQcS2YJ:www.vmsl.com/nonchriscraft.pdf+1964+Correct+Craft+Debonnaire&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7   
It contains (Correct Craft 18' Collegian and 20' Debonnaire 3-color brochure with color cover, c.1958, 4"x9", 4pp,exc for $25)
Gary
The Villages Fl.

75Southwind 20
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by oldskiboat oldskiboat wrote:

This URL may help. http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:ctVo1SQcS2YJ:www.vmsl.com/nonchriscraft.pdf+1964+Correct+Craft+Debonnaire&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7   
It contains (Correct Craft 18' Collegian and 20' Debonnaire 3-color brochure with color cover, c.1958, 4"x9", 4pp,exc for $25)

There's also a copy of the 65 brochure featuring the Debonnaire in the reference section of this site. BKH
Livin' the Dream

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 12:40pm
Interesting that the Collegian and the Debonnaire are the only two model names I've been able to determine were used on both traditional mahogany models and on the fibergla$$ boats. Anyone know of any others? BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 12:58pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 12:12pm
The San Juan was a wooden model in the 50's and then Fibergla$$ in late 60's and 70's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BONGAGIRL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 5:35am
Here are the pics of our 64 Debonnaire. Thanks for all the info you've all shared!
Lisa

[IMG]uploads/2E5F7_front_interior.JPG[/IMG
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 8:12am
Welcome Bongagirl1,

Great boat, what are your plans for it and where are you located. Do you run it or is it a project your looking to restore?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 8:28am
In case anyone is interested, theres a similar looking CC with a hard top for sale in southern New Hampshire:

'70 San Juan $800

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BONGAGIRL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 8:55am

Great boat, what are your plans for it and where are you located. Do you run it or is it a project your looking to restore?

Thanks! Actually, we've just decided to sell it. We live in PA, near the Poconos. The boat has been in my husband's family since he was a young boy. We had it on Lake Wallenpaupack last summer (05').
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 11:48pm
Nice looking boat. Did you figure out how much you want for it ?

Thanks Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 12:58pm
If you ever want to sell let me know !!!
Thanks, Mike
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

If you ever want to sell let me know !!!
Thanks, Mike

Thanks! Actually, we've just decided to sell it. We live in PA, near the Poconos. The boat has been in my husband's family since he was a young boy. We had it on Lake Wallenpaupack last summer (05').

Drop her a line Mike....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic