NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

circuit board dash

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
'88 nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: circuit board dash
    Posted: October-20-2006 at 10:31am
I was part of a thread discussing the circuit board dash piece for my 1988 2001. I contacted White Lake Marine on the suggestion of TRBenj and the marina informed me I can buy an OEM for my boat for $129.50. They told me that I should be able to acquire most of what I need OEM. Lettering for the port side is $212.00, starboard is $212.00 and the stern is $51.50. A new steering wheel is $150.00. This is info. for anyone interested and for future reference on searches. The telephone number for White Lake Marine is 1-800-880-7548.
Brad
88 Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:00am
This may sound stupid, but what is OEM?
Did you have any luck with your interior teak trim?
What is your final desision about your dash switch panel? Mine is also broken in half above the steering columne.
What color is your boat? Mine is light gray gel coat with blue trim. I have a lot of polishing to do this winter. Also replacing my carpet.    I just got my boat about a month ago, my first boat. I've learned a lot on this forum. Someday I hope to help others.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 8:20am
O riginal E quipement M anufacturer
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 9:41am
like your site name..
I ordered the new dash panel.
My boat is red.
The teak trim is an issue yet, I went to jamestowndistributors.com and they do have teak but not the exact dimensions for the pieces I need. I need the bottom L shaped moldings on the port and starboard sides. If I purchase the ones from jamestown I will need to have them milled down to size. I am still searching.
This site is awesome.. I have learned so much and always pick up info. The people on the site are so helpful and friendly.
Welcome.
this is my first CC. I have wanted one since I saw them as a child in the '70's Finally am able to have one... Like a child at Christmas now. Mine needs work but when I drop it in the water next spring It will be cherry...

Brad
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 11:31am
remember "i want a big red fire truck for christmas" you will understand about; Big boys= Big toys.
this is a great site for info,parts and the sharing of stories and ideas about these unique boats,glad to have you onboard.......................boat dr
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 11:46am
boat dr,
Thanks.
I have observed and read alot of your posts. It appears you have alot of knowledge to share. I want to thank you for taking the time to help the rookies such as myself..
I will try to pa$$ it along as I learn

Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 9:10am
Hey Brad, What did you decide to do? If you order a new one would you consider sending me your old one or at least a full size blueprint of the new one when you get it? I'd still like to toy around with making a new dash out of carbon fiber or fibergla$$. Looking around the forum it looks like a glove box lid may need to be made as well.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 8:06pm
Morfoot,
I ordered a new one.
I will be happy to get you a fullsize blueprint. Just tell me what you want.. If you get a lid made for my glove box I would appreciate a look at one.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 8:11pm
Did you find our L shaped teak wood yet??
I haven't yet but still looking. I didn't try whitelake marine yet. Have you?

Brad
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 8:17pm
Have you found or ordered the lettering yet?
I did, they asked if you want what is called directional lettering. Mine is, the lettering all slants to the stern of the boat on both sides. I was told that in the years following 1988 the lettering all slanted from left to right to make it easier. So look at you boat before ordering..
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 6:02am
Brad, It will take some time but I think I can get a new lid made.I'll have to make a mold off of mine and go from there. It will take some time but should be able to pop a few out if all goes well........... Once you get your new dash panel just trace it out on a huge sheet of drafting paper or something including all holes for gauges and such then drop it in the mail. I'll make a cardboard cut out from that then start making a new panel out of carbon fiber or fibergla$$. We'll see how she goes................Foot

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 6:26pm
Morfoot,
I just went to the picture of your boat. What a sweet ride... I didn't know that you could click onto the "Foots 88" or the others and it was their picture of their boat.
I would be proud to have a boat that nice.
Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 8:07am
Hey thanks Bro! Just ask my wife of how proud I am of that boat! Well............. Maybe Not! She claims that I love that boat more than her..............Oh, by the way I pulled of the glove box lid this morning and am working on a mold this morning. Will probably start making it next week. I'll keep you all posted on the progress. Plan on starting with a fibergla$$ one first and black poly urethane the finish product. If all goes well then prototype 2 might be carbon fiber. Stay tuned.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 11:57pm
I can help with the wood pieces missing.I ordered my new dash a while back.I also need one of those darn lids for the pa$$enger dash of the boat.Mine was broken off by the P.O. when they forgot the keys to the lock on it.Let me know if you do produce them as I am in for a couple.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 1:05am
Originally posted by 88 Nautique 88 Nautique wrote:

This may sound stupid, but what is OEM?

79 is right, OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. However, the term is often misinterpreted and misused. It is really a legal/contractual term.

An OEM makes parts or products which it sells to others, who in turn resell the product under their own name. The main difference between a reseller relationship, and an OEM relationship, is that in an OEM relationship, the person selling the product to the public typically accepts responsibility for service, maintenance, etc. The OEM term is typically applied to complicated, or complete system products, as opposed to simple parts in which the relationship is usually one of supplier to manufacturer.

For example, the xray machines you see at the airport. The company who makes them buys the computers from an OEM, could be Dell, Sun, HP, whoever. They incorporate the computer into their machine. No where on the Xray box does it say Dell, Sun, HP. If the computer breaks, you don't go to the computer manufacturer to get it fixed. You go to the xray manufacturer.

Another example is that Hewlett Packard OEMs a large Storage Device from Hitachi Data Systems. HP sells the exact same box you can buy from Hitachi. They paint it a different color and slap a different badge on it. All the parts are the same. HP provides the warranty, service and maintenance on the device. HP sells the box, but they are not the Original Manufacturer.

On our boats, most of the parts have been purchased by Correct Craft from an OEM. Items like the gas tank, ballast sytems and valves, rudder, steering wheel, prop, etc. If these items break, you go to correct craft for the warranty, service, or replacement. Probably the only thing manufactured by Correct Craft is the hull. The engine, windshield, and heater, are a little more nebulous. On each of these, CC agrees to service them, but the Original Manufacturer also provides a warranty, and so, I'd have to see the contract to understand what type of relationship has been struck.

Here, I think what 88 was saying is that original parts are still available. They could be from inventory , or it could be that the original manufacturer still makes the parts. BKH

Livin' the Dream

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 12:41pm
Thank you, I now know the true sense of the term. This site is always teaching me something..
You are correct in your a$$umption of what I meant.

Brad
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 12:43pm
Ultrahots,

How much do the two bottom "L" pieces cost?
Do you also know where to purchase the circuit buttons that control the bilge,blower,lights etc.?

BraD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 1:28am
Brad,
Go to skidim.com, on the home page do a search for eta breaker switch. Pick the correct amperage breaker to replace your broken ones.
Kurt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 12:21pm
Kurt,
Thank you. My problem is that my boat didn't come with the manual. How do I find the correct amperage. Are the switches each marked what they are?
Brad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 3:31pm
Brad,
The amperage rating should be stamped on your old breakers. If you have missing breakers, let me know which ones and I'll tell you what the rating should be. Look for a 5A or 10A (for 5 amp or 10 amp) stamp on the back of the breaker.
On the topic of manuals, would it help if I copied my manual for you? I was lucky enough to get the original manual when I bought my boat. It actually came in a binder. Just email me if you want a copy. But I don't remember seeing anywhere on the manual what the different breaker ratings were.
Kurt
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 10:09am
Morfoot, I'd be in for a dash panel and a glove box lid for our 88. Let me know what you come up with.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:01am
Just an update. I've made a mold and have a tooling form set up inside of the mold. I'm trying as I write this to pry the tooling form out of the mold for the glove box. It's being a little stubborn at the moment but its slowing coming out. I'll keep you guys updated.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '88 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:17pm
Morfoot,
I haven't received my parts yet. When I get the new dash I will drop you a note.. Keep us informed on the glove box.

Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 6:06am
Got the tooling part out of the mold yesterday and I'm in the process of sealing it up and coating it with mold release again preping it for the first part. Probably won't get a part off of it it till mid week next week. I figure there is no rush as the winter will be long and if it all goes well I'll try to make quite a few as there are a few of ya'll that need one.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 10:11am
I could use a glove box lid as well.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 5:33am
Ok gang! I've got an update. I've been able to manufacture about 4 glove box lids out of carbon fiber. They look pretty darn good I think but I have test fitted one yet. I've got two finished and need to install the hinge and latch on it to be sure they are going to work. It's been slow going as I'm trying to get a small stockpile as a few of you said you'd be interested in one. I haven't tried making one out of fibergla$$ yet with a black poly coat on it but have plans to. Of those which said they needed one what do you want it made of so I know which road to go. Also I haven't come up with a Price tag yet but it'll be less than what the manufacturer wants. I think 88' said they wanted $125 for one so if that is the case I figure 75$ including shipping. Let me know.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 8:18am
Morfoot, lets see some pics!

I a$$ume you are reusing the hinges from your old lid? I need new hinges as well, not sure what they look like.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 9:31am
Ooooooh, Don't think I can help you out on a hinge. I'll see if I can dig some out of the scrap bin at work or look at lowes or Homey D. I'll get some pics up ASAP but may take trial and error with photobucket. I a$$ume that is what everyone uses in here.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 9:50am
Yup, photobucket works great (see Randy's tutorial). If you could snap some pics of the hinges while youre at it, I could get an idea of what Im looking for- my originals are long gone.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 9:55am
Ok can do.... Just your average "piano hinge" made of aluminum with about a 1/4 leg on both halves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic