Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indiana lakes?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ski nau-geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski nau-geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indiana lakes?
    Posted: October-11-2006 at 8:48pm
Anybody out there boat on any Indiana lakes-Wawasee, Lemon, Geist, Morse, Monroe?????
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:20pm
Lake Lemon! My 76 has spent most of it's life on Lemon.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:24pm
How far, are these lakes from Cinti. Ohio?
Scott
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:39pm
Lemon and Monroe are around 2-1/2 hours from Cincy. Morse and Geist are close to Indy and Wawasee is a good 2 hours north of Indy.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:17pm
2 1/2hrs Isn't too bad. We usually boat on Cumberland 3 1/2hr. drive. Sometimes we boat on Ceasers creek lake, about a half hr. drive, but the lake is pretty small. How big are your Indiana Lakes?
Scott
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:33pm
Lemon is 1650 acres, Monroe is over 10,000 acres and is the largest lake in IN. Not sure about the rest of them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski nau-geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:37pm
Wawasee is over 3,000 acres (my personal favorite)

Geist and Morse are reservoirs not nearly the size of Monroe or Wawasee.

I was just down at Lemon about 2 months ago, that lake is great!! It seems like it has just a little bit of everything-party cove, skier's edge....does it have any restaurants on it??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski nau-geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:42pm
Lemon seems clean too....
Hey 67, Is it true that on the Ohio river you have to be very careful about miscellaneous logs and stuff that occasionally float down?? I have heard that the River is an absolute blast with stretches of lots to do on shore BUT I was also worned about that....?
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:55pm
Lemon is a great lake. During the week, there's hardly ever anyone out. The only restaurant is the Port Hole, a pretty fun little joint that serves catfish & fair steaks with music on the weekends. Unfortunately, no boat access.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by ski nau-geek ski nau-geek wrote:

Lemon seems clean too....
Hey 67, Is it true that on the Ohio river you have to be very careful about miscellaneous logs and stuff that occasionally float down?? I have heard that the River is an absolute blast with stretches of lots to do on shore BUT I was also worned about that....?

I've heard stories of logs, and a few involving barges.. ( my only worry is the barges). But yes, it is a blast for sure! Lots to do and see. And places to eat and drink everywhere. Docking on the river can really be hard on the rub rails. We kept an older 25ft. Bayliner, that we used on the river...not our Correct crafts!
Scott
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:17pm
Wawasee is a great lake and the home to 79's boat.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski nau-geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 12:42pm
who is 79?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 1:04pm
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 1:11pm
Hey Scott,

You must be on the northern side of Cincy to be 1/2 hour to Caesars Creek. My wifes family live up there in Bellbrook & we have been to Caesars Creek a few times. I am from the other side of the river in Ky & we usually went to Cumberland as well. Now it is Lake Lanier here in Atlanta. Have to agree, head south to Cumberland with the rest of the Ohio Navy! (As we Ky boaters call you guys!)
Greg

86 BFN
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 3:43pm
The Ohio Navy..LOL. Don't forget..We also buy up, all the lake front property, causing prices to sore sky high.

Yes I do live north of Cinti...Mason, next to Kings Island.
How's that new boat treating you so far?
Scott
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 3:53pm
79 isn't on Wawasee anymore I don't think. I'm in South Bend (north central IN on the Michigan line). Wawasee is about an hour south of us.....big lake with lots of BIG Rinkers, Sea Rays, etc. Not a good place to be on the weekend if you're looking to ski. I never understood buying a 40 + foot boat and keeping it on an inner lake like that. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Rob
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 4:10pm
I think 79 lives in St Pete Fl now.
Scott
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 6:17pm
Correct Scott, but the boat is still in Indiana
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 6:50pm
Kurt, If he left his boat in Indiana, he probably won't stay in Fl. Everyone that I know, that moved to Florida. Eventially moves somewhere else. Usually back to their home state.I lived there for about ten years.Too Hot for me!
Scott
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ski nau-geek ski nau-geek wrote:

who is 79?

1. Write something about an electrical problem. 2. He'll show up.
3. Tell him you think he's wrong.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 9:18am
Dude,

Don't forget ...
4. Carb problems
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 1:15pm
Or state that Monroe is the largest lake in Indiana, which it isn't Lake Wawasee is the largest lake in the state, Monroe is a reservoir it's larger but it's not cla$$ified as a lake it's called Monroe Reservoir for a reason. Best place to ski in Indiana is in muncie or catch tippy or wawasee early in the mornging, Webster and Syracuse are decent as well. Monroe, Brockville, Geist, Cicero all suck for skiing, Geist, Cicero Tippy, and Wawasee are fine during the week but stay away on the week-ends.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 5:25pm
79, what about Dewart?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2006 at 6:46pm
I am on lake chapman. Just north of warsaw. Its a great lake we built there in 1962 but we dont have a slalom course:( Theres lots of old correct crafts other various inboards on the lake:).
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2006 at 9:41pm
phatsa I've driven by Chapman on 30 a thousand times, but hardly ever seen boats on it. Glad to know there's someone out there in a CC tearing it up.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic