NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 6:43pm
Brant, here is a start for you:

JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 6:32pm
I see that now Pete.... Big change at the time I guess.
But it occurs to me that no one ever explained to Brant how to post pics.

Brant, easiest is to leave the photos on your computer and load them directly to the site. You have to use the "post reply" button at the TOP of the page. at the top of the dialogue screen there are several buttons. One of them towards the right has a blueish "up" arrow. This is the image upload button. Push it and follow the directions. Pretty simple. Unless you are trying to post from a cell phone - the site doesn't react too well to those. And also Mac products I think?? Not sure about that, but definitely not from phones. You can also load from a 3rd party site, but you have to use the "insert image" button for that, the one just to the left of the upload button.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 6:08pm
Joe,
Taller pylon:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by gt40KS gt40KS wrote:

LOL, well there you go Ken. As I said I don't know much about "Air"   ...   I guess in this case it was nothing at all   

So if it's just a 176   SKI Nautique, why do they designate it AIR?? To me that denotes a wake series....

It had a taller pole and some of that clever marketing mumbo jumbo and you could get some air with it.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 5:55pm
LOL, well there you go Ken. As I said I don't know much about "Air"   ...   I guess in this case it was nothing at all   

So if it's just a 176   SKI Nautique, why do they designate it AIR?? To me that denotes a wake series....
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by gt40KS gt40KS wrote:

First, you may want to check the original specs on your Air before you dive into that 422 ... I was thinking the V-drives had 1 1/8" shafts??    IMO     

You should check the specs on a 99 Air Tique Joe.

It's a 17 1/2 ft SN 176 with different trim .
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 5:13pm
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xkGxz7wQQuy3GaxV9

Here are some photos. As i begin my progress i will keep adding more
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 4:34pm
Hey Brant, congrats on the purchase!   Sounds like the boat will give you some projects, but some great times in the future. It may be a lot of work getting her there, but trust me it will be worth it.
First, you may want to check the original specs on your Air before you dive into that 422 ... I was thinking the V-drives had 1 1/8" shafts??   Also, pitch and diameter you will require are going to vary depending on your intended use, actual running weight and also the actual HP & torque of the engine you plan to drop in there. But perhaps some of the DD folks or the prop guys can chime in with a few recommendations for you. HP - in my opinion - isn't something that you should necessarily limit. And no, 400+ hp would not be too much, IMO     
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 10:34am
Picked up the boat and got it into the garage late last night. Tonight after work i will be getting some core plugs, hooking it up to the fake a lake and firing it up. If the oil isnt milky i am going to check the compression again while it is warm.

Overall it is going to be a fun, but long, project and in the end i should have a damn nice boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2019 at 12:31pm
Brant,
I suggest using a rubber expanding core plug where it's hard to get to. Then start the engine and hopefully you'll find there's no internal damage.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2019 at 12:20pm
Hello all,

If all goes well i am going to be picking up a very used 1999 Air Tique so i am going to have a lot of questions in the near future. For now just a few.

I know the motor is on it way out and has most likely froze in the recent past(core plugs popped out). I am going to try to get them back in and run it on a fake a lake and see how that goes. Any tips at getting the plug that is around the motor mount back in? And for the fun question, what is too much hp/tq for the trans/shaft/boat in general? I was thinking potentially new short block, cam, gt40p heads, rpm intake, DUI distributer. The other option is to get a stroker, e street heads, rpm intake, DUI, ect which im guessing would be around 400hp/tq which just seems like too much.

Props. Acme 422 the best option? I will be at 5-6k feet in elevation, the the current prop MAY be usable, but is in bad shape.

Gel coat repair. Just looking for general suggestions here to fix some good size chips and scratches

I will be looking for a 11A rudder/port, a tracking fin, and interior pieces if anyone has a leads

Also, what is the prefered method of posting pic?

Prop pulling adventure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic