NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England Reunion Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New England Reunion Update
    Posted: August-06-2006 at 9:31pm
   Well guys,just got back from the milton reunion,had a great time,met alot of nice people,saw some awesome boats and even had a few frosty ones.Just wanted to be the first to say "thank you"to everyone involved in making this happen.It's cool to be able to put the names with the faces finally.I'm sure you'll see a new thread with pictures and highlights shortly,I'll leave it to Keith to get that going,& what can you say about him,he's just a damn nice guy.Thanks again!

Mike     

mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 8:21am
I hope everyone had a great time. I'm very sorry i couldnt make it up. I had a wedding on Saturday, after I had already signed up, and my car went into the shop on friday. My only hitch out of service for the weekend. Lets see some pics. Hopefully I can meet you all at some point, maybe at next years reunion. -MG
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 8:43am
Just a quick thanks to Jeff and others for helping me "free" and load Ken's boat on Saturday. After I was done with Mr. NH Marine Patrol, you guys had moved on and I never had a chance to say Thanks. I am sure Ken will be posting, but Patrcia and himself are fine. And from the look of the boat, it faired way better then it should have. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to perhaps meeting up with some of you at a latter time. If anyone needs someone to ski/board with- let me know, I am in the Dover NH area!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:02am
2001_Cuz or Ken,
What's this all about??? - Hope nothing bad happened!
I was sitting on the beach at the campground watching for all the Nauti's to go roaring by, but didn't see much?
Hope all is well!
Anyways,
Thanks again to Keith & Ken - Great time!
Barracuda - Thanks for the invite, but as I thought, my cell was screwed-up all weekend (Although we ended up sleeping-in on Sunday am). Best of luck to you, the future Mom & the little one (Now you'll see you boat hours dwindle like mine did ).
Hopefully my boat will still be around and ready for next years reunion.
It was really nice meeting you all!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:30am
What a great weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather. And a very special thanks to New England Correct Craft. Gina Warner and her staff really came through for us.

We spent Saturday at NECC with all the boats lined up. They all looked great. Congratulations to Steve Nichols (Creamsicle) for winning Best of Show with his sweet red 1966 Mustang. NECC provided trophies for all participants and Correct Craft provide prizes for the category winners.

Saturday afternoon we hit the lake and had a few problems. The most significant was Ken (Nautique2001) ran ground while pulling his cousin skiing. He had beaten the rest of us to the lake and was enjoy the calm water close to shore on the other end of the lake when he ran up on a rock pile that was just six inches below the water surface. 30 mph to dead stop. I didn’t see it but I hear the entire boat was out of the water, sitting on the skegs and rudder. Unfortunately, Ken slammed into the dash and windshield. He spent about 5 hrs. in the hospital with a concussion and lacerated knees. His wife, sitting in the observer's bench facing backwards, suffered whiplash. I spoke to him on Sunday morning his sprits where very high. “We'll be fine”, he said. “Tell everyone to have a great time".

It took ten guys from the Milton Fire Department to get the boat off the rocks. Surprising, the boat is in very good shape. The skegs are bent, not broken, the prop is done, but the shaft and rudder seemed okay upon first inspection. Of course, there are plenty of scratches in the hull but nothing major. They towed the boat back accross the lake and up the river and it didn’t take on any water.

Sunday was another perfect weather day. And after I got the call from Ken and let everyone know he was alright, we relaxed and had a great time. The sand bar was a perfect spot and, like Green Lake, we spent the day anchored in about 3 feet of water, checking out everyone’s boats, swimming and enjoying the sun.

In the afternoon Dale (Duck soup) pulled out, what appeared to be, a home made ski cira 1960. It was a flat bottomed, wooden slalom ski that had about a seven inch keel on the bottom! Jeff (Kostis) was the first to try it out, followed by myself and Brad (Barracuda). It was a blast. We finally wrapped things up about 6:00 pm.

Ken did such a great job setting this up, it was a shame he wasn't able to join us on Sunday. We all look forward to next year.

I will be posting all 200+ photos later tonght (including shots of Ken's boat).

The boat lined up at NECC

A row of 2001's

The group!

In the water on Sunday

In the water on Sunday

Owning the sand bar on Milton Three Ponds
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:37am
Had a great time everyone! Thanks a million to Keith and Ken for organizing the event, and to all the others who assisted in making it an enjoyable and memorable time(Karen, the Bagleys, Allison and your family, best of all Noah and Evelynn).
Ken- I hope you're alright bro-
Nauti84- we cruised back and forth by the beach looking for you, but didn't spot your hat- sorry we we not able to hook up with you guys, and thanks for the well wishes on the new one.(already has a nickname- spotter)
Karen- we're planing a mega-ski (love that term) for Sunday Aug 27 at Lost Lake- we NEED your help
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:52am
Thanks Keith. How can we say thanks anymore to you than we already have? You started ALL of this for us. JBEAR'S biggest regret in all this? Not being able to meet you in person and shack your hand!

I just got off the phone with Ken (Nautique2001) and he seems to be doing well inspite of it all. I am sure he would enjoy some e-mail from all of us.

JEFF KOSTIS; if you are reading this, you better call me tonite!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:12am
No better way to enjoy these great rides, then in water upclose !!!! Look forward to seeing the pics.. Thanks again Keith, great job!!! Glad to see you had perfect weather for now two great events !!!! What a summer for you..

Man is Ken and his wife lucky !!! My heart goes out to them both as the recover from the incident !!!

HOW COULD THIS ROCK LEDGE NOT BE MARKED??????

Man does this piss me off.....Especially in an open boating lane or area !!! Sand is one thing, but "rocks"... Damn DNR !!! Sorry Ken, this should hae never happened to you (and your Nautique!!!!!

Moj

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:26am
I agree with Mojo. What a nightmare. Pics look great (especially that hot red boat)- I'm looking forward to more! I think it's amazing how successful both of these events were. Can't wait till next year.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:40pm
Mojo, the rocks were marked... but not very well. Apparently NH uses black buoys to denote dangerous/shallow areas, so they were very difficult to see. It baffles me as to why they wouldnt use brighter colors. It was great to hear that Ken and his wife are OK and that the boat can be fixed, though. Hopefully they are back on the water very soon!

It was a pleasure meeting everyone this weekend, what a great group of people. Saw some great looking boats too.   

Many thanks to everyone who helped organize the event, especially Ken, Keith and NECC. I cant wait until next year- though I hope to see many of you before that!

-Tim
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:45pm
Unbelievable about Ken!
Best wishes to him and all his crew.
Hope this tragedy can turn into a comedy as soon as possible (as Jimmy Buffet says) and his story lives on as a legend at reunions for years to come.
Sounds like you need to be careful on these ponds? I'm hoping to get a water-front camp site on the pond for next year's vacation and spend a week out there.
Hey Keith - Post next years date asap and I'll try to book accordingly (or just have to make the trip a couple of times!
)
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Mojo, the rocks were marked... but not very well. Apparently NH uses black buoys to denote dangerous/shallow areas, so they were very difficult to see. It baffles me as to why they wouldnt use brighter colors. It was great to hear that Ken and his wife are OK and that the boat can be fixed, though. Hopefully they are back on the water very soon!

It was a pleasure meeting everyone this weekend, what a great group of people. Saw some great looking boats too.   

Many thanks to everyone who helped organize the event, especially Ken, Keith and NECC. I cant wait until next year- though I hope to see many of you before that!

-Tim

Tim,
Black Bouy's??? Are you serious?? That's the most rediculas thing I've ever heard of.. Do you guys not boat at night in the NE? Out here they are white with Red markings that say "ROCKS"....

It's shocking to me that I don't hear of more accidents and "deaths" in your neck of the woods.. I'm sorry that you have to watch for "black bouys", on pretty much a black background, being the lake..

Moj'

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:53pm
Again, thanks for your thoughts. I had a great time with all of you at NECC. Excellent group of friends. I hope to gather again informally by the end of this season. Even if we gather over lunch or dinner, that's fine too.

My wife, Patricia and cousin Eric were very thrilled to meet all of you. It wasn't just about boats, it was about meeting new friends. Thanks again for the fun time. Next year, it will only get better.

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:57pm
NH uses a system of back and red markers (basicly wooden sticks painted either red or black) for inland lakes.
RED- If heading west or east, go south of this buoy. If heading north or south, go west of this buoy.
Black- If heading west or east, go north of this buoy. If heading north or south, go east of this buoy.
http://www.boat-ed.com/nh/handbook/markers.htm
I've navigated Winnepesaukee successfully with this system using a good map and compass.
The problem is, the markers dissapear in the sun glare (around sunset) and at night...
-Brad

PS- "Live free or Die" is the slogan on the New Hampshire license plate...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:01pm
Dave,

The marker was mostly black with a little white on the bottom. About twenty seconds prior, a boat went through the same area but zipped through were there's 10' of water. I was basically following his pattern. We just happen to hit the wrong spot of that opening. Can you believe black indicates rocks? Bright red or orange usually gets my attention. It's going to take a fatality for somebody to spend $50-$100 to mark the area better. I'm ready to donate them money myself to prevent this.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:07pm
Plus, I was driving WEST into the sun. My cousin, Eric couldn't see anything until it was too late.

My local lake, Cochituate in Natick, MA has two large, Orange and White buoys to mark the channel/danger zone. You can clearly see where to go and where not to go. NH is great with marking NO WAKE ZONES, large, colorful signs. Who am I to change laws or government policies for the benefit of others?

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:10pm
Here's a shot of Keith skiing on that old wooden ski behind Jeff's Mustang:
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:35pm
Tim,
Thanks again for the pull behind your boat. I'm sold on that hull! This morning I changed the for sale status on my boat to 'obo'.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Dave,

Can you believe black indicates rocks? Bright red or orange usually gets my attention. It's going to take a fatality for somebody to spend $50-$100 to mark the area better. I'm ready to donate them money myself to prevent this.

Ken

NECC won't bring their demo boats into that part of the lake because of all the rocks. They don't want people unfamiliar with the lake to rely on the markings - too dangerous.

Because of this, we didn't use the demo boat as much as I would have liked. Something we need to figure out next year.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:43pm
Sorry to hear that Keith...The demo's were a big part of the Green Lake success.. I'm sure you'll work through that for next year... I'm glad you have some awesome weather and a good turnout !!!! Can't wait to see the pics..

Moj'
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:13pm
Keith, dont mention it- glad you enjoyed the pull    I was going to see if you wanted to drive it on sunday, but unfortunately we ran out of time.

Brad, I tried to return your email but it came back as undeliverable. Shoot me another one with your current address: TRBenj at gmail.com

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:44pm
Ahhh Keith,
Whats the matter, you'd rather cross that little ripple of a wake on the 90's instead of the WALL on the 2001's???
(I know how ya feel. My cousin's Malibu is like skiing acroos a waxed floor.)
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Sorry to hear that Keith...The demo's were a big part of the Green Lake success.. I'm sure you'll work through that for next year...

Moj'

It was too bad. Especially since Richard (demo boat driver) went out of his way to be there for us.

Unlike Green Lake where the demo boat was at the sand bar and people when out and came back to the 'party', at Milton the demo boat was about 15 mins. away from the sand bar. No one wanted to leave.

Next year, we have to either talk them into bring the demo boat to the sand bar or schedule something late on Sat. or first thing on Sun. (like 6:00 am).
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:08pm
Been a little out of touch last couple of weeks, busy summer having fun and still trying to get some work done.

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

Ken, truly sorry to hear about your grounding and glad to hear everyone will be ok. That just plain old sucks, I love going to new lakes but that is my biggest fear. Out here in the midwest I see more mud and sand bottoms but you can still get in trouble, You guys don't have a chance when you ground in the Granite state.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:21pm
Thanks, Alan. I understand Keith has a better lake in mind next year. I'll just look forward to a brighter 2007 Reunion. Saturday at NECC was really fun. Great people.

Ken
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:01pm
    Wow this one took off quick.Can't wait to see them pics.Thanks again to all you guys for a great time,my only regret not being able to spend the rest of the day with you all due to a schedule conflict.Next year I'll put everyone else off instead of you guys.It was great to meet all of you and your families.
    I didn't get to see much skiing,but got the opportunity to pull Richard's 14 year old son on the board,great kid and man does he rip for his age!
    I took Jeff Kostis'"shortcut"back to our home lake,thanks alot buddy...went 10 miles an hour for 2 miles and had to restrap my boat 3 times!I owe you big time for that one,I should've listened to your sister!!
    Ken-what can I say,bud.That just plain sucks.I'm glad to hear you,Patricia,and Eric are ok.
    Would love to hook up with some of you guys again,maybe after Labor day when the weather is still great,but the lake traffic is minimal.Redelf75 must not have got his boat fixed,I saw it heading for NECC this morning while at work.Hopefully that doesn't spoil the last week of his vacation.
   Sorry this got so long!

Mike    
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:26pm
     Hello guys, I have to leave a quick post here before I retire tonight. Ken, everyone owes you 100% credit as well as Keith for a great time. Glad to hear youre doing well, as we were all worried. I agree about the buoys being not visible.
     Its hard to name all the great people I met. Time sure flew by!! My mind is still trying to remember everyone face, name and boat as I am a bit slow in that department!!! It would be cool to have a Photo of the boat with the name as well as a face so I can go "oh yeah" I remember now.
     Mike, sorry bout the rough road. I wanrned you it may be bumpy. Center road is fine, just a mile or so of TM Wentworth. I flew down and back in less than 20 minutes going that way! I had no trouble with the old Mustang needing restraping, and 10 mph??? I cant drive that slow!! Sure was a great time though!!

Jeff....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:53pm
Bumpy?You think?I'm just foolin about the speed and boat strappin', just trying to make the point that it was the roughest"paved"road I've ever seen.I really liked that huge downhill mogul section,though.Do you guys ski down that in the winter?

I'll look for you on the lake this weekend.

Mike
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:56pm
jbear, 05 210, and everyone,
Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't be happier with both reunions. They went very well and considering they where the 1st, very well attended.

With out Ken, Alan and Dave, they wouldn't have happened however. I've said it before but they deserve the credit for the reunions.

What will be great is making each reunion better year after year. There was a lot learned by this first time out. I really look forward to next year.

... and finally meeting jbear

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 1:27am
I've finished uploading the photos. I now need to 'describe' each one but I figured I get them up first.

New England Reunion Photos

We still have a few more photos to add from other's cameras. I know we have a few more of us trying to turn on that old wooden ski.

The last five or so are of the underside of Ken's boat. Not a lot of damage considering.

Unfortunetly there is a water spot on my lens for about 10 photos taken on Sunday (I guess that's what happens when you walk around in the water with your camera).

What a great time!
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic