Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Sacs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
clinden1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clinden1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fat Sacs
    Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:05pm
I'm planning on putting fat sacs ballast bags into my 1980 CC Ski Nautique. Has anyone done so themselves? I want to put enough weight in to throw a big wake for wake boarding and wake surfing. At the same time it being a 19 ft. boat i don't want to weigh it down too much. Any thoughts or experiences y'all could share?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:29pm
Connor,
You had better attend to the re stringer job first! Seriously, I know we have members who use the sacs and I'm sure one will be along shortly.

Don't forget those pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
clinden1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clinden1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:54pm
I'm going to have a thread with plenty of pictures for the whole build, don't you worry! But i was wanting to know some insight on what weight fat sacs to use before the build because I am planning on re-conforming the back stringers/bulkheads to have a permanent "U" shaped seating in the stern of the boat concealing and acting as a housing for the ballast bags.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 5:20am
Connor,
I highly recommend maintaining the factory locations of the primary and secondary stringers. Locations of cross members can vary.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 10:07am
The bags need to be way forward of the aft seat area to clean up the lip and get a more ramp type wake. A pair of 350s or even 400s each side of the box and way forward is what we run. 22-24 mph... Boom!
I surf in the ocean not behind a boat so I wouldn't know how to weight it for that.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 12:15pm
For surfing, need to weight the starboard aft corner, so one sac beside the engine & one just in front of rear seat.

As far as customization, you may want to consider future resale value. The reconstruction will easily run you a couple thou. Put it back to stock & it will be easy to sell - hopefully you will get some of that $ back.

We made a plywood storage box that fits beside the doghouse, on starboard side. It is out of the way, stores sacs, pump, jackets, & line. When boarding, one full sac fits in there.

Good luck on the project!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic