Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38067
Printed Date: May-06-2024 at 10:46am

Topic: Fat Sacs
Posted By: clinden1
Subject: Fat Sacs
Date Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:05pm
I'm planning on putting fat sacs ballast bags into my 1980 CC Ski Nautique. Has anyone done so themselves? I want to put enough weight in to throw a big wake for wake boarding and wake surfing. At the same time it being a 19 ft. boat i don't want to weigh it down too much. Any thoughts or experiences y'all could share?

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:29pm
Connor,
You had better attend to the re stringer job first! Seriously, I know we have members who use the sacs and I'm sure one will be along shortly.

Don't forget those pictures.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: clinden1
Date Posted: February-02-2016 at 11:54pm
I'm going to have a thread with plenty of pictures for the whole build, don't you worry! But i was wanting to know some insight on what weight fat sacs to use before the build because I am planning on re-conforming the back stringers/bulkheads to have a permanent "U" shaped seating in the stern of the boat concealing and acting as a housing for the ballast bags.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 5:20am
Connor,
I highly recommend maintaining the factory locations of the primary and secondary stringers. Locations of cross members can vary.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: baitkiller
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 10:07am
The bags need to be way forward of the aft seat area to clean up the lip and get a more ramp type wake. A pair of 350s or even 400s each side of the box and way forward is what we run. 22-24 mph... Boom!
I surf in the ocean not behind a boat so I wouldn't know how to weight it for that.

-------------
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 12:15pm
For surfing, need to weight the starboard aft corner, so one sac beside the engine & one just in front of rear seat.

As far as customization, you may want to consider future resale value. The reconstruction will easily run you a couple thou. Put it back to stock & it will be easy to sell - hopefully you will get some of that $ back.

We made a plywood storage box that fits beside the doghouse, on starboard side. It is out of the way, stores sacs, pump, jackets, & line. When boarding, one full sac fits in there.

Good luck on the project!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Print Page | Close Window