NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop puller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop puller
    Posted: November-04-2015 at 3:55pm
While reading thru the archives I came across a thread on prop pullers, I obtained permission from the originator to reproduce the puller. I was needing to remove my prop so I made a prototype and it removed my prop that had been on for 20 plus years (I just purchased the boat) These are set up for 1" and 1 1/8 shafts in 3 or 4 blade configuration. I am willing to offer these to the members for $115. +shpg. Also shown is the nylock 3/4-10 castellated nut, brass key and s/s cotter pin, also available as a separate package for $15 +shpg or $125+shpg for complete pckg.   
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 5:36pm
Duane,
That puller sure looks familiar! Nice job.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 5:46pm
This would probably be more appropriate in the parts for sale section... But either way, you may want to include a few additional details:

-how thick is the pulling flange? Ie, how much prop to strut clearance is required to use the puller?

-will this puller work on acme props, most of which have a fair amount of rake and whose blade tips extend forward quite a bit? (The few pullers I have tried of this style come into contact with acme blade tips before touching the prop hub).
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

This would probably be more appropriate in the parts for sale section... But either way, you may want to include a few additional details:

-how thick is the pulling flange? Ie, how much prop to strut clearance is required to use the puller?

-will this puller work on acme props, most of which have a fair amount of rake and whose blade tips extend forward quite a bit? (The few pullers I have tried of this style come into contact with acme blade tips before touching the prop hub).

The thickness is approx. 3/4". I will try it on an Acme tomorrow. Pulled a Michigan today. Like I stated, this is the prototype and may need tweaked. Still need to try on a 4 blade also. If interest is out there then I can alter to suit the need. Otherwise I have a nice puller for my personal needs. Again, thanks to Pbrainard for the original design He gets all the credit.     Thanks. for looking.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 7:08pm
When optimizing prop to strut clearance, I aim for 1/4" and tell others to shoot for 1/2". 3/4" is a bit excessive even on a stock boat. Something to think about! Curious to hear if it works on an acme...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 7:13pm
Tim,
Duane patterned his puller off mine. I can't speak exactly on his dimensions but I can on mine. The flange (actually 2 flanges) on mine is 1/2" so you do need 1/2 between the strut and prop hub. Mine does work on Acme's but I did find out about the blade tips extending forward. A quick chucking up in the lathe to turn the OD down solved the issue.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic