NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Line World Record Broken - 24/1 boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Line World Record Broken - 24/1 boat
    Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:27pm
World Record Barefoot line broke in Florida recently behind a 20ft dynaski with 3 300 Etec G2's

Pretty sweet vid, make sure you move it to the HD setting. 720p is plenty   

24 person barefoot line
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:39pm
900 hp will do that ha. That boat had some serious gangster lean to the port during that run.

Inboard power record still stands at 11 behind a Malibu I believe, soon to be broken behind Tim's footer.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:41pm
Here's a Facebook video of it from a Drone

Drone BF Line
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:58pm
So cool.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 6:20pm
cool videos! I think they're different though; the one on FB says 22, and the first thing I noticed is that via he drone, nobody in the bubbles. That doesn't look to be the case from the boat angle.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Inboard power record still stands at 11 behind a Malibu I believe, soon to be broken behind Tim's footer.

I hope we break that record soon. We just need to find more people that can start off the dock/ platform
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

cool videos! I think they're different though; the one on FB says 22, and the first thing I noticed is that via he drone, nobody in the bubbles. That doesn't look to be the case from the boat angle.

Good catch! They were sent to me by a buddy so I just assumed the same   
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by DHart DHart wrote:

I hope we break that record soon. We just need to find more people that can start off the dock/ platform

I'm in...when and where?   
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 8:20pm

That boat had some serious gangster lean to the port during that run.

L-R-R rotation (looking from the back).

L-L-R runs flatter.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 9:01am
Hw, why is that? Seems 2 of one rotation and only 1 of the other would end up with equal lean. Something to do with the way they're mounted or the way the boat is loaded?

I'm not familiar with what those outboards normally sound like but hey didn't seem to be working real hard! 3 props and 900hp will do that, I suppose. That pylon has to be pretty beefy, ha.

Anyone have a guess as to how long the ropes are? Spacing looked reasonable and the guys on the end didn't seem crazy wide (angle wise). Heck, there were 7-8 guys inside the wake. Had to be pretty long.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 2:06pm
Probably different attempts...

In the boat vid the guy in red on the right falls first....

In the drone vid 2 guys in the center fall as they pass under the drone...
Old school goin back to school!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2015 at 1:38am
was lucky enough to be there in person. 24 footers. triple rig really had no problem pulling it. same boat pulled a couple more records today. if I remember right..it took only 3 attempts. then they tried 15 man deeps but I believe only 10 stood up. very impressive rig. belongs to Badgerland..the crew Eddie used to ski with.

john

edit; was at Eddie's last night with the Badgerland crew. the driver..Jason.. said the boat held 41 with all those footers. motors were brand new..this was their 'break-in' run.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 12:35am
Here's the foil line:
Foil Line
Anyone recognize the young man at about the 11 second mark??
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 1:16am
yeah...same kid who was jumping with the LegoLand pros. This kid is fearless! Had an awesome time watching. Sure missed you tho. Your wife did an awesome job. Patrick vs Keith was a highlite!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That boat had some serious gangster lean to the port during that run.

L-R-R rotation (looking from the back).

L-L-R runs flatter.

That boat and driver spent the week at my house when it wasn't on the water setting records.

That run he only had about 700# of sand in the bow and it was all on one side. He said he could've played around with the trim on the engines to straighten it out but didn't want to chance messing up the run.
Back at my place that night we rearranged the sand bags and he borrowed my fat sack and two others from other skiers for a total of almost 3000# up in the bow for the rest of the record runs for the week.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 10:38am
Tim, we gotta give your boat a better attempt soon.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 12:49pm
Those hydrodynes must be reinforced pretty rigorously to take 3k lbs in the nose and 3 huge outboards on back and not break in half, ha. Very cool Eddie!

Zach, you know I'm up for it. Just need the footers and some decent conditions.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 1:36pm
Hey Eddie & John, did you guys see the setup, was it a dock, beach or deepwater start? (1) or (2) kick ski's?

Those triple rigs are bad azz
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 1:48pm
Did they attempt any butt board records??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Hey Eddie & John, did you guys see the setup, was it a dock, beach or deepwater start? (1) or (2) kick ski's?

Those triple rigs are bad azz

I'll confirm it tonight but I'm pretty sure it was all single ski deepwaters and then a step off. There might have been a few guys that had two skis and dropped one before the step off.

They did a ten man deepwater start after the multiline.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Those hydrodynes must be reinforced pretty rigorously to take 3k lbs in the nose and 3 huge outboards on back and not break in half, ha. Very cool Eddie!

I'm sure it is Tim. He had a really hard time determining how much weight he would need. The 700# wasn't near enough but he didn't want to have that much weight in the bow permanently for towing purposes either. It was pretty tongue heavy with the 700# already but he admittedly hadn't had the time to make any bow stop adjustments either. With the fat sacs he filled and emptied them while in the water without having the weight on the trailer so he wasn't toting all that weight permanently.

You have to remember that this hull was literally a month old and the engines had been mounted and backed into a launch in WI to make sure they would start before he made the trek down here. He had a chance to run the boat for an hour or two on the chain before that multiline run. Like John said, that was the break-in pass for those motors.

He was also concerned about the doubles record that he pulled. They tried for 20 doubles couples to be pulled off the pylon. He was worried the pylon wouldn't hold. They had four trunks of five couples and the start was effortless. They had to pin one trunk off the dock but it wasn't because of lack of power. The 15 couples set a record but they ended up running it again and getting 17 on the last one.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 2:38pm
Pylon is 2 7/8" but nobody is barefooting from it there. It's not uncommon to see gelcoat cracks inside the rear cockpit corners. Several pylons have been ripped out of boats in the past. We reinforced ours with a nose/bow strap on our last "old" triple hull. The new Dyna Ski boats are purpose built for this stuff.

A ballet hop dock is the hardest pull on the pylon I have seen. Stands the boat up pretty good! We don't have many doubles couples.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Pylon is 2 7/8" but nobody is barefooting from it there. It's not uncommon to see gelcoat cracks inside the rear cockpit corners. Several pylons have been ripped out of boats in the past. We reinforced ours with a nose/bow strap on our last "old" triple hull. The new Dyna Ski boats are purpose built for this stuff.

A ballet hop dock is the hardest pull on the pylon I have seen. Stands the boat up pretty good! We don't have many doubles couples.

I'm guessing you're talking about the original Hydrodyne which are now the Dyna Ski. You're right, the new Dyna Ski's are more stout than the "old" Hydrodyne in all ways.

There was another triple rig down here from Minnieska that was Merc 250 powered. He pulled a 40 girl ballet line that lost two for that record. You're right about that start. That thing stood almost straight up, came back down and stood up again before it finally leveled out some. The first pull was a yard sale. They reran it and he had a little more steam behind it when the ropes came tight and then they made the 38.

Eddie
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 9:17pm
That's some cool video! we have to give that        another try again with ? number behind Tim's footer with whoever     from the wrecking crew and wherever we can???
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2015 at 10:41pm
Here's what it looked like on the wakeboard pull. Thomas is in the middle of the pack.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2015 at 1:56am
all 24 guys got up on 2..dropped 1...took the speed up and stepped. effortless getting the guys up. boat held 41 with 24 footers.
next they tried deepwaters. 15 tried and 10 stood up. but it seemed to have the power..pulled all 15 out pretty easy...
got to check out the boat up close at Eddie's friday night...it is bad-ass. guys from Badgerland were fun too. we also got to check out some Fireball.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2015 at 3:43am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

we also got to check out some Fireball.

john
throw a little of that in the tank next time and it will pull 24 deeps
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic