NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Boat Show Blues

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Boat Show Blues
    Posted: February-08-2015 at 7:27pm
I went to the Utah Boat show yesterday. When I left, I was feeling a bit depressed. There were hundreds of boats -- but I only saw 2 direct drive ski boats: one Malibu Response and one Centurion Carbon Pro. I was disappointed that the Correct Craft offering was all about the big Super Air Nautiques. To the dealer's credit, they did have one Sport Nautique 200, but I was surprised that the Sport Nautique 200 got little or no attention from the crowds when I was there.

Every year, I'm feeling more and more like a dinosaur with the water sports crowd. I don't wake surf. I will occasionally wake board (this to appease my kids). I water ski. My buddies water ski. We're serious about it. I don't need a 6,000 pound boat that is 24 feet long and comes with its own ZIP code. I don't need 500+ horsepower. I don't need to consume 20 gallons of fuel per hour pushing the 6,000 pound boat plus another 1,200 pounds of water in ballast tanks. I don't want 18 people in the boat with me either.

I'm being left behind -- and I'm OK with it. Now I could afford to spend $125,000+ on a boat, but I can't seem to get my head around the price tag of these wake-behemoths. When did water sports get so damned expensive?

Now I acknowledge that the re-birth of the water sports industry -- and the associated growth explosion of inboard boats is directly attributed to the wake sports. I get that. But I'm also disappointed to see what appears to be a forsaking of our water skiing roots. Water skiing appears to be shrinking in popularity and participants. It's even crept into my family. The kids will waterski out of duty -- as it's a family rule that you have to learn to slalom ski first. Then all they want to do is wake board. Skiing is left to Dad and his silly old-fashioned notions.

Not many years ago, the "Holy Grail" was NO WAKE. Light, quick, agile and nimble. Now, the opposite appears true: Heavy, large and the-bigger-the-wake-the-better. Also, I'm frustrated to see "scope-creep" with the boat manufacturers. It seems now that even the water ski "purist" hull is now evaluated as a potential "crossover" hull for big wakes.

Perhaps the most depressing take-away from the boat show came the local Correct Craft dealer. I asked the Sales Manager how many direct drive Ski Nautiques they sold last year compared to the Sport Nautiques and Super Air Nautiques. His response was that the ski boats made up less than 5% of his sales. He said that he would likely not stock a Ski Nautique this year and make the Ski Nautique a "special-order" only boat.

Somebody talk me off the ledge, please!

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2015 at 7:52pm
I agree with you. I'm so disappointed that here in Orlando they didn't bother to bring a Ski Nautique at the show. In fact, the only AWSA approved boat there was the Mastercraft. I never would buy a new ski boat, but if I would, it'd likely be the Mastercraft at this point.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2015 at 8:03pm
I went to the Raleigh boat show yesterday, same thing. As expected, Chris Eller (April Coble's husband) had the only two 3-event boats at the show, a couple of Prostars. Malibu, Centurion, and Correct Craft were all about the big wake boats. White Lake Marine was there, but the closest Nautique was a v-drive 210. I actually saw a couple of my slalom buddies there. We made sure to ask everyone "where are the direct drives?"
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2015 at 11:46pm
Same deal in Minneapolis. The Malibu Response and MasterCraft direct drive were there. Nautique, of course had only the big huge boats. The word that we were given was that only about 120 of each, Master Craft direct, Malibu Response and Ski Nautique 200 each making up 1/3 of the total market. The Carbon Pro sells around 30 a year. So relatively speaking, that's well under 500 ski boats per year between the 4 ski boats that qualified for 3 event AWSA competitions. The numbers that I listed came from the mouth of the owner of the Malibu dealer in Minneapolis, who happens to be the Malibu's largest dealer in the country. The sell tons of Wake Setters.

It was interesting to learn that the Ski Nautique is only thrown into production to help assist the workers (as a break) from the labor intensive big boats. We were told that while touring the Nautique plant last year.

I also know that 3 event tournament competition numbers are way down. During the 1960's and 1970's, many people wanted to try and test their skills.   

On our lake (Prior Lake) we see many $100 grand boats as just awesome tubing boats. Surfing seems to be the thing that's fun, new and exciting. So yes, times have changed.

I think that fishing is still holding it's own!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:43am
We all see it, on a calm summer evening I might see 2 other boats on the lake pulling slalom skiers.

The manufacturers make what sells, the dealers stock what sells, so I don't see there being any blame to place anywhere. I find it hard to find slalom skiers to go out with, I often will ski a few times and then set the boat up for wakeboarding and that's what my friends want to do, so I've been learning a bit. I'm not sure if slalom was more popular simply because there were not alternatives? I get the big wake boat and surfing appeal, a guy can take 10 friends out and everyone gets a long run with little effort and the rest can talk and drink or whatever, versus a ski outing where 4 people max head out in the boat and each run is a couple of minutes, at much higher speed. Gotta accept the times are changing, and just enjoy what you like to do and let others make their own decisions.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:49am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

The manufacturers make what sells, the dealers stock what sells, so I don't see there being any blame to place anywhere.

enjoy what you like to do and let others make their own decisions.

Well said.

Where were the barefoot boats? lol
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 1:55am
I have noticed the same thing when I stop by dealers during my travels around the Midwest. All they have in stock are the big $125K + surf boats. Well, thats not totally true. There is a good dealer in Indy that I have stopped by a time or two that stocks some DD ski boats. Nice folks there!

Anyway, if slalom boats are not as much in demand as they used to be, and the big boats with huge wakes are the rage, does that mean that Southwind open bows, and the late 80's Martiniques are now going to be gaining in popularity for folks who like the older, classic, more affordable CC's? They are big. They aren't nimble. They do have huge wakes.

Apparently I have chosen the wrong career, and everybody else in the world has chosen the right career....or won the lotto. The dealers I have talked to say they can't keep the G-series boats in stock. Anyway, I have got to think the older big CC's may gain a little popularity as affordable alternatives to the super expensive boats??

2015 G25-$150K
1987 Martinique-$5K

I know which one I am buying.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:49am

The manufacturers make what sells, the dealers stock what sells, so I don't see there being any blame to place anywhere.

Gotta accept the times are changing, and just enjoy what you like to do and let others make their own decisions.

I agree that the manufacturers are making what sells. Free Market society at work here. Hopefully my post acknowledges that. Also, I don't recall placing any blame anywhere, as blame is not the issue.

Mostly I am simply lamenting that the "times are changing" and I simply feel no draw toward the new wake sports. I will continue to enjoy what I like to do, and enthusiastically let others make their own decisions. (My only gripe with the new big wake boats is that the boat wake "rollers" are now more annoying than ever)

I just hope that there will be a few hard-core skiers left in a few years to share my ride.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 4:06am

I get the big wake boat and surfing appeal, a guy can take 10 friends out and everyone gets a long run with little effort
there's the answer, wakeboarding and surfing are easy. our society is willing to pay more for the easy way out. there is hope though, I bought my boat for wakeboarding 5 years ago and can count on one finger the number of times I was on a wakeboard last year. dying breed? maybe, but we're still out there.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 10:18am
Here's my take. DD boats aren't cheap at all, cheaper than the big boats yes but still nowhere near cheap.

In today's automotive market how many people are buying nimble little efficient sports cars? Very few, most folks are driving big bilnged out SUVs and trucks. Why? probably because they are very functional, lots of luggage room, good sound system, quite interiors, lots of amenity functionality, etc.

Why take 5 of your friends out in a DD ski boat and be cramped with no storage when you can take out twice or 3 times as many, with all your gear, drinks, better sound system, quieter engine, better rough water capabilities, and a blinged out look?

Seems very similar in both worlds. As said above, slalom skiing is hard, barefooting is hard, trick skiing is hard. As an outsider with no frame of reference you are going to look at the stuff that looks "cooler" and easier. Getting up on a wake board is cake easy (to be an accomplished wake boarder is not at all and I respect that). Wakesurfing is easy it doesn't hurt when you fall, better for young kids and older people who's bodies might not like smacking the water anymore. You can talk to the rider, throw him a beer, he or she can here the music well right behind the boat, in some states you can do it at night and turn on your bright underwater LEDS.

It's pretty unfortunate the sports we love are looked on as a novelty of days gone by and the boats are treated like redheaded step children at the boat shows and dealers.

But, one thing these extremely expensive wake boats are doing are still associating our brand with the best of the best in the world. Nautique is still a name everyone in the water world associates with excellence and prestige. This will keep the older stuff we love around much longer and keep businesses like us paying attention to keeping parts available. It also helps the value of our boats with the prestige still associated with the namesake.

I don't thing it is a bad thing but the world changes.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 10:22am
I really think it is more about instant gratification or doing what requires the least amount of effort or skill. Tubing seems to be the most popular pulled sport right now, surfing is all the rage because it is so easy to do. What I find most disturbing is how disruptive the "popular" events are to all the other recreational boaters and fisherman. Those massive or constant waves created by each are giving all of watersports a black eye. A vast majority of the wake boarders out there don't need a 3 or 4 foot wake when they can't even jump, so what's the point?

Now if we wanted to point fingers mine would be at the parents who are not willing to put in the time and effort to teach the more skilled events. My solution is teach anybody who wants to learn.

I am on a smaller lake so one tuber can pretty much make the whole lake garbage conditions. Nothing more frustrating then when you are working with a brand new skier and the tuber comes past turning the area into a "wake zone".
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 11:39am
Dallas Boat show was the same... Pretty sure I only saw one DD boat in the whole place.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:13pm
Most of your buyers don't use DD boats like our demographic here.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Most of your buyers don't use DD boats like our demographic here.

Very true. Owner of my company and his wife are the only people I know that slalom anymore. I go to the river with them every so often. She has the cleanest 99 moomba I've ever seen. Down here people are either at one of the party coves or wakesurfing.

I like to do it all personally. Just a little less party cove these days.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:50pm
I much as I hate the lack of DD boats at the shows I can understand it.

The darn things cost so much to put on the showroom floor only to finally have a client for one come and want to special order because of colors or options.   I would also imagine that 95% of anyone looking to buy a direct drive tournament boat already knows whats available and probably already has their mind made up on exactly what they want. It just doesn't make any sense for a dealer to floor plan one and then discount it to unload it later.

Who buys a DD ski boat anymore? promo drivers, ski schools and a hand full of hard core 3 event skiers. Really pretty sad state of affairs for 3 event water skiing.

Nothing at the show interested me this year, we spent more time looking at motorhomes than boats.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:52pm
Same deal at the Atlanta Boat Show. No Ski Nautique.
Local dealer did have a Sport Nautique 200. Sure missed seeing a Ski!
Felt like a traitor when we looked at the Mastercraft DD ski machine.
Going to keep slalom skiing with the Lanier crew as long as I am able!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 12:52pm
Motor homes are sweet.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 1:06pm
I understand the appeal of the wakeboats but for that $$$ My wife would force me to buy a boat with a cabin, like a used sea ray 280-320

I'm hoping to get more of my big boat friends up on the radar satori this summer and sure hope this could be an entry into slalom soing of many
1994 Sport Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 1:22pm
Ooops. I stand corrected.. There was a Ski Nautique 200 and a M/C Prostar of some flavor at the Dallas Show. The prostar was crazy blingy.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 1:37pm
X2 on what Jim said as we both we ooooohing and awwwwwweing over MC's new skiboat. Pretty impressive and Zane Swank was pretty cool about talking with us about the boat.

Yep, skiing is going to the wayside with all the tubes, boarding etc. That's why it is so cool to hang out with the guys here. Most do a little of everything but the boarding sports take second fiddle over footing and skiing. That's why there is such a closeness of the guys who attend minis and such cause of the same love for boats and watersports.
I was a hardcore boarder at one time but the knees were taking a toll and a bad fall from so sort of invert takes too long to recover from for this 47 year old teenager. I picked up a slalom ski and that adrenaline rush I used to get from boarding had returned. I don't think I've been on my board in a couple years....Yes, I've taken a bad fall from the ski but I'm right back at it.....must be the speed junkie in me. Many have asked me what I did to stay in shape and my response is..."I put down the wakeboard and picked up a slalom ski"

I try to introduce any and all newcomers to skiing first then the other sports. Many ask if I have a tube but the answer is always "No, this a Ski Nautique not a Tube Nautique"... I know we as a group of diehards do what we do eventually people will come around. Folks that see pictures of 13 skiers behind one boat definitely helps the cause as folks are like..."that looks like so much fun!"

Maybe it will come full circle and skiing will see a resurgence but we have to expose as many people as we can to the sport. I'll continue to slalom till I can't anymore so I figure I got another 40 years to go.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:08pm
Another interestng trend I have noticed is the popularity of pontoons, or tritoons. Both my brother-in-laws have traded off their 23' I/O cruisers in the past year or two, and have gone with pontoons. I wonder if the cruiser I/O mfgrs are crying the blues due to a decrease in volume in their sales the last few years?? Sure seems like as people age, they now want to put their kids, and their grandkids on the toon, and take 12 people out on the lake for a nice slow cruise. And, not all these boats are slow. I have seen some toons recentley that have been speeding along at 30+ MPH.

Just saw an article on Mercury Marine recently. They have apparently developed their own engine block which is more friendly to the boat builder market. One of the comments in the article was that they have seen volumes decline from ~200K units/yr. to ~20K units/yr. for the I/O's. They didn't comment on the outboards, but, I have to wonder that as pontoons are gaining in popularity if they are seeing an increase in demand for outboards for the that market!?!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:22pm
Funny, this conversation happens every year come boat show time...

Skiing is a dieing art, lets face it. And to 99% of us on this site, you arent going to go and buy a $50k DD ski boat anyway.. You're still going to beat up some guy for a $5000 dollar project boat and put it back together haha.... hey and that's OK, there are plenty of them out there..

The boat Mfg are going to continue to sell these gargantuan tug boats.. Its what people want, and its obviously more lucrative.. Soon you'll see 50" flatscreens hanging from the towers with surround sound..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:23pm
Ive notcied that Master craft only has 1 version of their prostar. it has a cover to make it a closed bow.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:24pm
Kind of weird that the Big 3 all put a lot of R&D into slalom boats, but don't do much to market them. The profit is no doubt a lot more in the big tubs. You got to wonder how long they will continue to develop DD boats for such a small segment of the market? There will be two Nautique dealers at the Boston Boat show. It'll be interesting to see what they bring.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:45pm
The Ski 200 is already 6 years old! Where's the buzz on the next model?

To Bruce's point...Why bother?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:52pm
The pontoon comment made me laugh because of what I saw at the Dallas Show... Those things are everywhere. Annndddd, they aren't so slow anymore. There were two production pontoon models on the floor with twin 300hp outboards. And one with a 496 I/O with captains call exhaust.

(there was a sold sign on one of the one's with twins)

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:59pm
I took my two sons and 2 nephews out on a water ski/wake board run, I pulled all 4 while they wake boarded, they were aged 24-29. After they were done I noticed the lake had laid down really nice and asked them to pull me for a ski. I was lucky and had near glass, the other boats out, mostly wake board boats were parked changing riders. I got a straight nice run to make the best cuts I could muster. Granted I am mid 50's now and can't pull it down like I used to but after the run I was loading into the boat and one Wake board boat had people clapping and another drove past saying that was really cool to see.
My nephew feels the excitement and says he wants to try skiing so we pulled him up, first time on a ski in many years, he got up made some nice cuts and got back in the boat asking how to get more speed and how to pull it down in the turns. After him, my son's asked for a ski ride also, again after many years of wake boarding. They were trying to out do each other, cousins competition. It was great.
I want to Thank the wake board boats on the lake that night for confirming that a good ski run is a cool thing to do. It made my family revisit the sport and see there is fun on a ski also.
I have been on a wake board many times and know all the basics but I have no love for the wake board, my passion has always been in the one on one battle between the boat and the skier, you get back in the boat knowing you challenged yourself and it feels great.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 2:59pm
The pontoons aren't cheap either!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 3:07pm
I've seen pontoons well over 100K which seems to defeat their whole purpose to me.

They'll keep building DDs as long as the competition does. Malibu has built the old Response since 1998 and they don't even put it in their catalog. There must be a niche market that they don't have to advertise to that buys enough of them to keep them in production.

The best thing we all can do is teach kids to ski.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Here's my take. DD boats aren't cheap at all, cheaper than the big boats yes but still nowhere near cheap.

In today's automotive market how many people are buying nimble little efficient sports cars? Very few, most folks are driving big bilnged out SUVs and trucks. Why? probably because they are very functional, lots of luggage room, good sound system, quite interiors, lots of amenity functionality, etc.

Why take 5 of your friends out in a DD ski boat and be cramped with no storage when you can take out twice or 3 times as many, with all your gear, drinks, better sound system, quieter engine, better rough water capabilities, and a blinged out look?

Seems very similar in both worlds. As said above, slalom skiing is hard, barefooting is hard, trick skiing is hard. As an outsider with no frame of reference you are going to look at the stuff that looks "cooler" and easier. Getting up on a wake board is cake easy (to be an accomplished wake boarder is not at all and I respect that). Wakesurfing is easy it doesn't hurt when you fall, better for young kids and older people who's bodies might not like smacking the water anymore. You can talk to the rider, throw him a beer, he or she can here the music well right behind the boat, in some states you can do it at night and turn on your bright underwater LEDS.

It's pretty unfortunate the sports we love are looked on as a novelty of days gone by and the boats are treated like redheaded step children at the boat shows and dealers.

I don't thing it is a bad thing but the world changes.

I had the exact same thoughts...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic