NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 15>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Does this course actually exist at GL? I've heard rumors of its existence since the first trip but I've never seen it and it's never been documented that I know of. Is it a floating course or individually anchored balls? Does it have pre-gates? I want to know more about this mystical GL attraction.

Joel - Come on, how have you not found it. If I have skied it once I have skied it 30 times. It is a permanent course, so I believe individually anchored balls. I think it does have pre-gates (but I am not 100% certain). It is just west of Blackbird's Point, over by Margaret Dodge Memorial Park. You can see the course on Google Earth if you zoom in just north of Terrace Shores Evangelical Free Church (Hwy K Markesan, WI). It has Slalom Ski and Kneeboard gates.

Found it. Game changer.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 3:26pm

Does this course actually exist at GL? I've heard rumors of its existence since the first trip but I've never seen it and it's never been documented that I know of. Is it a floating course or individually anchored balls? Does it have pre-gates? I want to know more about this mystical GL attraction.

Joel - Come on, how have you not found it. If I have skied it once I have skied it 30 times. It is a permanent course, so I believe individually anchored balls. I think it does have pre-gates (but I am not 100% certain). It is just west of Blackbird's Point, over by Margaret Dodge Memorial Park. You can see the course on Google Earth if you zoom in just north of Terrace Shores Evangelical Free Church (Hwy K Markesan, WI). It has Slalom Ski and Kneeboard gates.

Found it. Game changer.
Just know that a bit more west of the course and north of the park piers and a bit more off shore are a few more marker bouys that mark some underwater stuff - I think tree trunks. Avoid those - my brother learned the hard way and busted his rudder mounts on his sailboat.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by 800wildcat 800wildcat wrote:

Found it. Game changer.
Just know that a bit more west of the course and north of the park piers and a bit more off shore are a few more marker bouys that mark some underwater stuff - I think tree trunks. Avoid those - my brother learned the hard way and busted his rudder mounts on his sailboat.

Those markers are for a submerged roadway but it really is not in the line of the course.   It starts to shallow up drastically near those markers so if you have a depth finder you'll realize you shouldn't be in there anyway. That is about the only hazard in the entire lake but it is marked very clearly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by 800wildcat 800wildcat wrote:

Found it. Game changer.

Those markers are for a submerged roadway but it really is not in the line of the course.   It starts to shallow up drastically near those markers so if you have a depth finder you'll realize you shouldn't be in there anyway. That is about the only hazard in the entire lake but it is marked very clearly.

Didn't mean to imply that it was near enough to the course to be a problem - just a heads up on the way to and from if someone heads that direction. I had a hard time believing my brother didn't realize the bouys marked a hazard.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 7:29pm
Have a great time. Wish we could make it. One day......
Js
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 11:01pm
It seems as though the only way for us to make it this year is to come boatless. So, instead of missing it completely, that's the plan. Count us in for a definite 4, without the new 206. Friday late afternoon until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting some new.

Rob
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 12:26am
I am a newbie here but have been enjoying this website and all the boat projects for about a year now. I have some questions about the boat show at Green Lake on Friday night.

Is the show open to the public? I haven't signed up for the renion because I don't have a correct craft, I am currently an I/O owner but I am a huge fan of these boats and would love to see that many in person

What time does the show start?.

How many boats are expected?

I am really interested in the late 60's and early 70's barracudas, Mustangs, skiers along with 1997 and newer ski nautique 197's does anyone know if these models will be represented?

Thanks in advance.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 3:19am
The show is in a Parking lot so I am pretty sure you can come on in and view/talk boats. My guess from years past most to all of your boats on that list will be represented in one way or another. You can look on the Reunion page and see some of the boats coming. Where are you in Wisconsin ?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 9:37am
Wisky - You are absolutely welcome to check out the boats. The show is open to the public. If you are registered, grilled food and beer are offered. The event starts around 5:00 and continues to dusk or the depletion of beer, which ever happens first.

Boats are best presented in water. Saturday afternoon, all the boats meet up in the shallow area of Norwegian Bay. There is a nature trail that you can take to the area where the boats will be. The water depth is 2'-4' so it is easy to walk out and check out the boats where they are intended to be. I wouldn't be surprised if a ride or two were offered. From HWY 73 or HWY 23 take County Trunk T to Sugar Loaf Rd then make a left on Bay Rd. The nature walk is right where Bay Rd turns sharply to the right. There is a sign marking the trail.

We currently have over 30 boats registered. As for the models you are interested in, I think every boat you listed was represented at some time or another. I'll have my 62 Classic which is the bench seat version of the Barracuda. There will be an awesome green Barracuda in attendance. Mustangs have been well represented in the past and all the newer tow boats will also be there to see. And there will be plenty not on your list that just might become your new favorite.

By looking at the boats and more importantly, engaging with the owners, you'll learn more about Correct Crafts and Nautiques than from any site, brochure or dealer. Be forewarned, we will cure you of your I/O-itis. However, the cure is more dangerous than the disease...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

By looking at the boats and more importantly, engaging with the owners, you'll learn more about Correct Crafts and Nautiques than from any site, brochure or dealer. Be forewarned, we will cure you of your I/O-itis. However, the cure is more dangerous than the disease...

Well said.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 10:18am
Wisky - I have a white and blue '75 SkiTique (16 ft.) that I will (unwillingly) have up for sale. Wife insists that if I want money to repair my Sport Nautique it's got to go. The (what we assume was original) Chevy 305 has been replaced with a 270 hp Chevy 350. It has been GPS'd a few years ago at 53 mph and will pop up a skier as quick or quicker than the new boats. I intend to have it at the show Fri. and on the water Sat in the bay. Hit me up for a ride if you're interested in one regardless of whether you're interested in purchasing. You can also message me and I'll give you my phone number - I live locally in Ripon.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 10:33am
Wisky,
There will be a 70' Barracuda this year which is actually up for sale. Its one that we all have admired over the years. Its fast, clean and represents the best of that year. I'm sure you'll be able to get in that boat on Sat.
Like said, please feel free to come out Friday night and see and talk with the most knowledgible, best group of CC owners there is !!! Downtown Green Lake, American Legion Hall....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

BEeNTOWed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEeNTOWed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 10:45am
Wisky
I will be bring the Inca Gold Barracuda to the Friday Night boat show as well as have it in the Bay on Saturday. You should definitely come check it out.

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 11:09am
Looking forward to another great weekend at GL....see everybody Friday!!

bringing the 71 Promo.

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 11:16am
You guys are going to have a great time! Wish I could be there. Remember to take lots of pictures!!!

Looking forward to all the stories. Be safe and have fun!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
pjpayleitner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjpayleitner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 12:52am
My brother and I arrive Friday evening staying at camp site #30. How strict are they on the one vehicle per site rule?

Also- we will have a few boxes of random nautique and PCM parts to sell/trade for beer. Some good stuff in there.

Looking forward to getting up to GL!

Peter
vernonfarmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 1:40am
If anyone has a tow rope pylon for the 1955 Atom Skier and knows how to attach it, I'd love to pull a skier with the Old Girl!
vernonfarmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 1:47am
Forgot to attach the Old Girl

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 1:49am
The more I see that Atom, the more I love it. Beautiful boat VernonFarmer!
1972 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 1:52am
Peter should be no problem if you have an extra vehicle. There's also room down by the launch for overflow so don't sweat it

We pulled into GL About 9 tonight. Weather is great, just enough breeze and chill to keep the bugs away. Hit the Goose for a bite to eat and had my first of many spotted cows.   hurry up and get up here guys, only the locals are here and it's Karioki night at the Goose.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 2:03am
Mary Fran wants to know what songs your singing
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 4:02am
Alan I am Jealous as I wish I could take tomorrow off and come play. We will see you Friday Eve Sometime. Just got in from working on the boat in the garage. Time for bed ?
long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 6:58am
Not good enough Dave. Clearly the entire reunion should be centered around me and my schedule.
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

That is about the only hazard in the entire lake but it is marked very clearly.

Alan, how are the ramps at the campgrounds and public launch? Just received the 540 back and debating if I want to leave the old prop on since I am not familiar with the lake. Thanks
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:37am
No issues launching or running on Green Kostas... Alan was really making the only reference to a bad area, which is down on the far Southeast corner of the lake. Green Lake is the deepest lake in the state. We have never hit anything while boating for 20 years out there.. Nothing to worry about. Run the 540 and enjoy..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

No issues launching or running on Green Kostas... Alan was really making the only reference to a bad area, which is down on the far Southeast corner of the lake. Green Lake is the deepest lake in the state. We have never hit anything while boating for 20 years out there.. Nothing to worry about. Run the 540 and enjoy..

Moj'

Awsome see you guys tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:40am
You guys are making me cry
1972 Mustang
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:43am
Ok, so looks like a beautiful day weather wise today and tomorrow in GL. The boat show, meet-n-greet will be fantastic, with temps in the low 80's.
Sat Morning and evening look dicey with some possible rain, so if anyone has a spare pop up, and can bring it to the park Sat evening, that would be great.
Sunday early morning has a possible shower as well, then a killer afternoon is forcasted, as well as all day Monday..

Please remember some bug spray for the evenings as the Sconnie skeeters are usually very hungry this time of year !!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 11:50am
When coming in on Friday night, the Legion Hall is located to the North of the main drag which is South St. on Water St. Can't miss it, its across from the baseball field at the end of the street. We'll hopefully have a sign out on the corner to help guide you in..

And as a reminder, a selection of beer will be available. All other refreshments will be up to you to bring for you and your guests.. Food will be served starting around 6:30..
Its important that once you park your trailer to come to the registration desk and pick up your event packet.. Marking your boat's windshield for the show and judging will happen that night

Drive safe.. and do not speed on the inbound roads, especially through Rosendale from the East as you will not come out of there without a pretty yellow piece of paper !!!!!

See you all soon !!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 12:05pm
I wanna go :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic