NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Out - Open Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:06am
we had 14" two weeks ago. looks like we may be able to ski this weekend......but I doubt we do!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Getting closer, been a mild winter this year, ice only about 12" thick. My prediction is open water by 3/10/16, we will see.

A couple of weeks ago after a few cold calm days my cove had a light skim of ice over it, but it didn’t last long.   95% of the lake never came close to freezing.   Considering the last two years were covered until April 10th it should be an early start around here. Unfortunately, spring rains around here keep me from considering putting in the docks until after White Lake.   

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:49am
Our ice in was real late this year to the point where the snomo trails weren't even marked/opened across the lakes until the second week of January. It really hurt the business's that depend so much on the sport. The cold snap that did freeze them up opening up the trails did produce plenty of ice except for the bays that have some snow/slush cover insulating the cold. I've heard reports of ice thickness varying from well over 14" to under 8". I don't feel we'll see a total ice out until the 1st of April.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 1:04pm
Gonna be that guy (for the first time in a while).

Ya'lls lakes are the only water with thin ice. I remember hearing so much about the 1997–98 El Niño as a kid, but there isn't much talk about the ongoing El Niño.

I haven't checked in with my folks at the lake in Michigan, but if their winter has been a mild as the one here in Kentucky ice out can't be too far off.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 1:18pm
My Mommy say's I have been on thin ice my whole life
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 2:10pm
Its a wonder she did not push you thru that thin ice and hold you under it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2016 at 3:32pm
and by wonder you mean shame

wasn't much snow to insulate the ice either
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 3:42pm
I'm overseas, but authorities tell me Deep Lake is open water. Do you concur Mr. Quinner? I'll be out on the kayak paddling around the shoreline Saturday morning with a couple of Oktoberfest beers in the hold. The fun begins.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:06pm

Getting closer, been a mild winter this year, ice only about 12" thick. My prediction is open water by 3/10/16, we will see.

Looks like I was a day off. Just a bit of floating ice down my way this AM, likely will be gone when I get home this PM if not already..

There were people out ice fishing this weekend off my shoreline, where they were fishing was open water by Monday evening, crazy risk for a bunch of pan fish.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:14pm
The DNR deadline for getting shanties off our lakes up here is Sunday however, I only saw one still on the lake today. Lot's of hustling yesterday pulling them off the ice since it's going quick. If this warm weather keeps up I'd guess we'll see open water in about a week.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:39pm
Been very windy here this year and coming from different directions than normal. On the up side I have still needed to buy ice
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 2:07pm
And so it begins, the Lake is officially frozen over as of yesterday AM, 12/13/16.
Been very cold, tomorrows predicted high is 7 degF. Betting the ice fisherman will be out by this weekend!!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 6:48pm
Still open water in the middle of.our lake, should be iced over by the weekend. We'll be there at New Years, not sure it will be solid enough to go out on, depends on temps (obviously!).
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 10:07pm

. Betting the ice fisherman will be out by this weekend!!

They're already out on the ice up here! 0 now and colder coming. -15 predicted by Sunday. I expect to see shanty's out soon.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 10:42pm
Some embrace it!

Board the berg
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2016 at 1:54pm
They're out! Just walked in from the house to the shop and heard the first snowmobile running the lake. With the cold, the groomers should be able to start working trails through the swamps. Then, all that's needed is more snow but, it's in the forecast.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 4:20pm
Well here we are in Mid February and it's 63 deg today, crazy, actually believe it is a record high temp!! Forecast calls for 50-60deg temps every day for the next seven days. Considering we have had open water on the deepest section of the lake for quite some time, down by me is still about 6" of ice, making my call for all ice out open water as Feb 22, this coming Wednesday. Crazy mild winter here this year, haven't had over an inch of snow in the past 60 days.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 4:49pm
Send it this way please! Still looks and feels very much like winter here. I've had to snowblow 3 times in the past week.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 5:42pm
We've had a yearly snow/threat already in Jan down here which caused schools to close early, bread and milk sandwiches couldn't be found anywhere and we got nothing. Seen the 20's maybe 3 times this year. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend so Sunday I may get my first run in for the year.

Timmy.....I keep telling you bro that y'all need to move further south!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

We've had a yearly snow/threat already in Jan down here which caused schools to close early, bread and milk sandwiches couldn't be found anywhere and we got nothing.

Tim,
What was the snow threat in Atlanta? .01 inches?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Send it this way please! Still looks and feels very much like I blow 3 times a week.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 2:08am
We've been dumped on over the past few weeks, actually this picture was before the last 2 storms. We're going snowshoeing on the lake Sunday, it's going to be a while before we see any open water.

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 3:10am
Was out kayaking today. About 2/3 of Deep Lake is open water.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 10:57am
Starting to thaw here in Iowa. Lake is about 1/4 open at the moment. We're at the end of the lake and this is our kitchen view as of 5 min ago.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 11:00am
Dark ice - won't be long. I saw you guys hit 75 yesterday, few more of those days and the ice will be gone!

Enjoying those quiet morning hours, just you and the pooch - I remember those moments, or course now I have lots of quiet time - teens like to keep to themselves, kind of miss those crazy days...
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 11:07am
my lake is about 50% ice right now...going out exploring in the canoe later on...gonna be in the 60's today,,,looking to put the dock and boat lift in March 4th...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 11:33am
I'm going to be pushing our neighborhood to install our floating dock a month early this season. Maybe April 1.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2017 at 11:27pm
Lake still 100 % frozen over here . Skated in shorts today .
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 6:32am
With the exception of some channels that are typically always open, our lakes are still at 100% frozen. Yesterday, it gave the snowmobilers one last shot at getting out for a day. Trails off the lakes are down to dirt in spots and with another warm day predicted today, I feel yesterday was the last unless we get more snow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 10:10am
Pete what temp is a "warm" day?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic