Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:31am
Lake opened up Yesterday, 04/09/2014
Deep Lake, Lake Villa, ILL
Piers & Lifts going in Saturday

Been a Really Long Winter

Replies:
Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:43am
Nice! Be sure to post pics of the days festivities. Do you have to get in the water for that?

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:50am
No worries Brett, Quinner has a really cool pair of Sea Green waders he uses for pier installations. Pairs nicely with his curls.

-------------

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:52am
He does have some lovely locks.... Kinda makes me jealous. Hockey hair rules!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 2:38pm
You beat us- still a few days to go here but we're getting close. Good work on not wasting any time with docks... It's tough recruiting help when it's still this cold.

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 2:53pm
no pictures?

haha...

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 2:57pm
My son took his first run last weekend with some buddies - no wet suit - brrr. Water is about 59. Boat will go in this weekend or next. I've been pretty busy and haven't had a chance to get out in a while...besides the cold, crappy winter, even here in the sunny south.

Hopefully we'll have some sunny and warm between now and White Lake. Water warms up pretty quickly. Ours was about 49 not too many week ago.

-------------

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

no pictures?

haha...

Didn't happen.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 6:18pm
Here ya Go Kap,

Kap and Maddie Quinn at SJRR, Adam creeping behind:

Early winter:

Dead of Winter:

Starting to thaw:

Shoreline Starting to Open:

Yesterday:

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 6:40pm
This will give you an idea of how deep the snow was:

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 7:41pm
Adam definitely looks like he's up to no good.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 7:50pm
Looks like the lawn is ready for a CCF get together

-------------

Posted By: Halvey
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 8:47pm
As of 4/5, winter was still very much here in NH!

"Fish hunting"

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6833" rel="nofollow - '83 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

You beat us- still a few days to go here but we're getting close. Good work on not wasting any time with docks... It's tough recruiting help when it's still this cold.

We are far from being close. The ice shanties and snowmo trails on the lakes were still running last week!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

No worries Brett, Quinner has a really cool pair of Sea Green waders he uses for pier installations. Pairs nicely with his curls.

I do understand he had to buy a larger size this year!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

This will give you an idea of how deep the snow was:

Is that the Oscar whip?

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Posted By: Keuka
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:05pm
The ice here in NY is pretty much out. There might still be some icebergs floating around on the shallower north end. There has been a lot of damage to permanent docks on the lake this year and there will be a lot of debris floating for a while.

74Wind, your bro needs to ditch the skis and get the pontoons back on his plane.

David

-------------
86 Martinique

Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Is that the Oscar whip?

-------------

Posted By: MI-nick
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 3:12pm
put my boat on the lift tuesday...there was still a good bit of ice out there, but all gone now. i'll be getting in the water this weekend. temp was a bit erratic, i think due to the extremely cold (probably 35 degree) water...it would get to around 200, then drop to ~130...then repeat. usually runs a consistent 160, but i'm guessing the t-stat couldn't keep up. ran perfect though. long winter for sure...

-------------
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...

Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 6:29pm
Should've been on the low side if the cold water was to blame... 200 is a red flag!

I spoke too soon above, south wind picked up and cleared the last of our ice yesterday afternoon. I admire you guys getting your stuff in so quickly!

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 9:00pm
Cold water shouldn't cause you to hit 200. Should still hold 160 then drop when the thermostat opens, then back to 160. If you're only idling it'll take a while to even get to 160.

-------------

Posted By: 74Wind
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Keuka Keuka wrote:

The ice here in NY is pretty much out. There might still be some icebergs floating around on the shallower north end. There has been a lot of damage to permanent docks on the lake this year and there will be a lot of debris floating for a while.

74Wind, your bro needs to ditch the skis and get the pontoons back on his plane.

David

Be on wheels a bit longer than usual this year I suspect. Used to swap wheels/floats in Ontario, a cool operation, been there for that. Runway right next to the lake. Land on runway, they pick it up, swap wheels and floats like a NASCAR pit crew, then drop in the lake and off you go. And vice-versa in the fall. They store the wheels in summer and the floats in winter.

Now they swap right at Penn Yan Airport...then onto a big trailer and tow them down, right across RT 54, to launch for the summer. Quite a spectacle I'd bet, never been there for that.

-------------
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 11:16am
Dock goes in today. Pontoon tomorrow. Hopefully BFN next weekend.

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 11:20am
This guy had to go through some ice to get to our local watering hole. When there's a will (and a thirst), there's a way.

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 11:22am
This is what he went through. This ice will be gone after today.   

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: Waterdog
Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

temp was a bit erratic, i think due to the extremely cold (probably 35 degree) water...it would get to around 200, then drop to ~130...then repeat. usually runs a consistent 160, but i'm guessing the t-stat couldn't keep up. ran perfect though. long winter for sure...

Water that cold + speed the intake on the bottom of the hull may have iced up.

-------------
- waterdog -

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3896&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - 78 Ski Tique

Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

temp was a bit erratic, i think due to the extremely cold (probably 35 degree) water...it would get to around 200, then drop to ~130...then repeat. usually runs a consistent 160, but i'm guessing the t-stat couldn't keep up. ran perfect though. long winter for sure...

Water that cold + speed the intake on the bottom of the hull may have iced up.

I really don't feel the intake would ice up. He was still running in above freezing water. I would say the cold water would shut the T stat and then when warmed up it would open again. Note Nick did say: " it would get to around 200, then drop to ~130...then repeat."

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Waterdog
Date Posted: April-12-2014 at 6:03pm
Pete,
   I thought maybe that could restrict the water intake. Ether way that's a pretty good thermal shock that cast iron blocks aren't engineered for.
I've seen ice on aircraft propellers at ambient temperatures just above freezing. And aircraft hydraulic fluid under 3000 psi turn to slush at -20f

-------------
- waterdog -

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3896&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - 78 Ski Tique

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: April-13-2014 at 11:44pm
Ice is out locally as of today. 45 minutes north at the lake it may be another week. At the rate I am going it will be Memorial Day or later before I get set up. Been working 7 days/week for months but have a rare Spring day off tomorrow due to power company upgrading poles near the shop.

I'm trying to decide on spring yardwork....or hooking up the trailer and driving 4 hours north to take a rare 65 degree snowmobile ride. Decisions...decisions. Still 3-4 feet of snow up there. I hate Spring. I wish we could have 8 months of Summer and four months of Winter!   

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: mann1ba
Date Posted: April-13-2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

This is what he went through. This ice will be gone after today.   

Drove by the lake today, NO ICE, what a great sight.

-------------
1986 2001

Posted By: TX Foilhead
Date Posted: April-13-2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I hate Spring. I wish we could have 8 months of Summer and four months of Winter!   

Mike

Fall is really what we need, warm water, no wind and nobody around. Good spring and summer days are few and far between, almost every day in the fall is great.

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 12:08am
^^^ Perhaps in Texas haha. Up here in the fall everyone in my area calls it quits mid Sept to catch up on stuff they put off all Summer in anticipation of Winter. I'd rather skip Spring and Fall and go straight from the boat to the sled, then back to the boat again ! We start to have nights below freezing up here usually by mid Oct. I own a seasonal business that is crazy from March - Aug so it makes for a short Summer. Fall is our looongest season it seems like.

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: stepper459
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 11:59am
http://s567.photobucket.com/user/stepper61/media/IMG_0829.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

This was Squam Lake in NH yesterday. I walked right out from the shore, it was absolutely solid. We went for a hike to look down over the lake, and there is really no visible open water to speak of. It could be a record-breaking late ice-out this year (the latest on record is May 3). Nearby Winnipesaukee has been as late as May 12, but that was in the 1800's. It was as late as May 2 in 2001.

It's a little sad, considering I've been out on Squam as early as March 18, just a few years ago in fact. Tick tock...

Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 1:28pm
All docks/lifts are done and in!! Saturday was a little goofy, lighting storm then hail, by 11am it was clear again and relatively warm (mid 70's), was a great day to get it done.
Snow in the forecast for today, LOL

Mikey I am with you, summer + winter is best although fall is not so bad, you can have the spring.

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Looks like the lawn is ready for a CCF get together

+1

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 2:28pm
That's not even 1/4 of it all!!

Leave your boats at home but bring your mowers. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 9:37pm
Well pack it up, summers over---

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 9:47pm
Our lake went from 90+% of coverage to 5<% in 6 hours while I was at work on April 10th, thanks to a 20mph wind straight up the lake on a 65 degree day.   It was a beautiful thing, followed by a spectacular weekend in these parts.  I was guessing it was going to be May 1st based on the amount of ice.  I spent the weekend tearing down 16 dock sections for stripping/repairs/new-hardware/paint.  Between getting them back together and building 6 more I would be extremely happy to have docks in by early may, would have started working on the old stuff sooner if it wasn’t covered by snow and ice till last week.  

75 and calm on saturday and 82 on Sunday will make tomorrows snow easier to live through.

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/jhf6659/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140412_172417_zpssc9rz3ko.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well pack it up, summers over---

I,m looking at the same thing out my window! Gary, You shouldn't have come north so early!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: April-14-2014 at 11:24pm
Gary nice bumble

Posted By: baitkiller
Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 1:10pm
Ice is for margaritas

-------------
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

Ice is for margaritas

and caipirovskas!

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 1:18pm
Are those the same nasty things they make me drink every time I go to Brazil?

-------------

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 1:21pm

Saturday

-------------

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 2:43pm
Joe, is that your FJ? More pics!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: Keuka
Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 3:16pm
Joe

What lake are you on? Seneca didn't ice and I didn't think Cayuga iced that much. Are you on Owasco, Skaneateles, Otisco? So many choices.

David

-------------
86 Martinique

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 4:30pm
David - I am on Owasco Lake, just south of Auburn on the west side, feel free to stop by some time.

Bret that is not my FJ it just lives in my garage or shop depending on the season and makes for a nice way to tranport the generator down to the water - my buddy Matt owns it He is a teacher with the summers off so he gets to spend all summer home with his girls (almost 4 and almost 2). Unfortunately it is not approved to transport his daughters due to the lack of doors, roof, or any seat belts other than lap belts in the front so since he doesnt go many places without them it falls to me to give it some exercise every now and then. I am pretty sure the next time it will get any regular usage is when his oldest turns 16 and paints it pink.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 4:39pm
^^^ +1

-------------

Date Posted: April-15-2014 at 7:53pm
Joe, that's a pretty good deal for you! I remember as a kid in 1985 sitting in the passenger seat of a cherry used desert sand colored hard-top FJ on the showroom floor of a Mercury dealer. I begged my father to buy that thing and take it home. I ended up riding home in a wood-paneled '85 Mercury Colony Park wagon with my head slumped down below the windows.   

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: April-19-2014 at 6:24pm
Tuesday I awoke to 19 degree temperature.

Thursday I awoke to this.

And this is lake Minnetonka just west of the Twin Cities as of this morning.

We are heading the right direction but with many steps back.

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 2:34pm
went up north to put the dock in last weekend...got 1/2 of it in. lake is still 90% covered with slushy ice...2nd year in a row that happened to us.

back to my home lake/boat erratic temp 1st time out...i think the fluctuations I observed make perfect sense. t-stat is a 150 ('99 SAN w/GT40)...so it opens when it reaches 150 degrees. now on my 1st run, one side of the stat has 35 or 40 degree water flowing past it while the other side is exposed to water circulating in the block...in order for the stat to maintain 150 degrees long enough to open, the water in the block (not the block itself or any other part of the engine) had to get up to 200 degrees...then, when the stat opened, the rush of 35-40 water quickly dropped the internal water temp down to 130 as the water was really cold and the block wasn't necessarily "warm"(i would also qualify the exhaust manifolds as "cool" to the touch). compare that to normal summer operating conditions where the raw water is 70-80 degrees and the water inside the block only needs to get to 160 for the stat to be at 150...and doesn't drop drastically (or noticeably at all) since the temperature difference is not as severe and the block is a toasty 160 (and exhaust manifolds are "warm" or "almost hot" to the touch)...who's with me??

-------------

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 4:08pm
I think you're out to lunch with that theory.

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 4:18pm
how do you figure?? put one end of a copper pipe in ice water...how hot would you have to get the other end in order for the center of the pipe to reach 150?? should be same concept i think...

-------------

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 4:26pm
That is not a good comparison for how the thermostat or thermostat housing is arranged. The thermostat is sitting right down in the water coming from the block/heads/intake- its darn close to that temp sender. If the sender is reading 160, you can bet the thermostat will be opening if all is well. Ive never been in a boat that overheated in such an exaggerated fashion when run in cold water- they all struggled to achieve and maintain temp instead. The PCM cooling system is pretty robust. I think youve got an issue if you really saw 200.

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 4:32pm
200 is not normal for operating in cold water. I do more of that than warm summer water. It's damn hard to get the gauge much past 160 with the 143 thermostat. The cooling system won't allow it.

Based on your observations I would have to say your thermostat is not operating correctly (plugged or not opening) for the engine to get to 200 and have cool exhaust manifolds. Or everything is fine with the engine except the gauge.

-------------

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 4:44pm
Or you got an air leak or your impeller is getting wonky- thermostats usually work or don't

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 5:38pm
clarifications. '99 SAN with GT40. 150 stat. new impeller this season. air leaks doubtful due to everything tightened with 5/16" socket.
idle temp: 120-130
cruising temp: climb slowly till it would touch 200, then in ~ 2 seconds drop down to 130-140.
GT40 ECT is ~ 6" away from the stat. stat has 35-40 water running over top.
HW, when cruising, does your temp gauge fluctuate the same in april as it does in july??
i definitely respect your opinions...i'll let you know what happens as the water warms up.

-------------

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 6:21pm
Could be wonky electrical connection or ground issue. Not that any of our boats have substandard wiring or anything....

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 6:37pm
yes, yes...assorted wonkiness...

-------------

Date Posted: April-21-2014 at 9:41pm
Temp readings are only significantly different below 160. Doesn't really get or stay above 160 ever, definitely not anywhere near 200. 170 maybe on idle after a long hard barefoot run but I'm usually the one at the end of the line for that. Quickly back to 155-160 after enough water gets through the block.

The slow creep really screams lack of cooling water to me. I have seen cracked and stubbornstrainers that won't seal up. Try bypassing that. Also, swap in your 88 pump.

Assuming this "wonkiness" is new to this year I'd go back and check anything you touched this past off season.

-------------

Date Posted: April-22-2014 at 2:28pm
went out for a ride last night...air ~75, water maybe 50ish (i don't have a lake temp gauge.)
idle temp was basically same story ~120-130.
cruising temp (disclaimer: i was at the end of the rope, explained the story to the wife and asked her to keep an eye on it) "around 160" which after discussion was probably 150-170. i fell three times and each time she reported the temp was 160.
we stopped for a beer and then idled back to the dock. temp at start up was 160 and dropped to around 130 by the time I got back to the dock.
strainer is fine. '88 is up north so no pump swapping. i don't think there is anything wrong here.
again, i'll continue to monitor.

-------------

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 10:44am
Lake opened up Yesterday, 03/31/2015

Let the fun Begin.

Expanding the dock this year, start building this weekend, hopefully get everything in soon thereafter.

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:02am
A full ten days ahead of last year... very nice. We still have ice fishermen complaining about needing to put extensions on their Augers. I am seeing a definite pattern here as it is my second year living on this lake and those are the only two years in the last 25 where it has fully frozen over.   

Looking forward the pictures of the dock Quinner - I am considering adding a section to each dock myself.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:13am
Wow, you're way ahead of us too. Still looks plenty safe to traverse ours... We gotta be on a similar schedule as last year (way late). Still can't see the grass either- we got another inch last night, wtf.

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:19am
Open water fishing opens in Maine today. There isn't any open water anywhere, except maybe on a fast moving stream. The newspaper reports Sebago Lake has 2'-3' of ice on it. It's been cold enough at night where the lake is still making ice. Our season is going to start very late. The mountains haven't been losing much base yet. Plenty of spring skiing ahead if they stay open.   

Funny how you guys warm up so fast when your winters seem as harsh as ours.

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:28am

Lake opened up Yesterday, 03/31/2015

Let the fun Begin.

Expanding the dock this year, start building this weekend, hopefully get everything in soon thereafter.

Did you lose your primary laborer/assistant since he selfishly bought the house up in WI and I am sure spending all his weekends up there.

-------------

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:37am
We had our coldest February on record this year, lake ice was 22"-24" range, last year ice was 36".

Historically over the past 17 years I have been here, lake opens up on St Patty's Day +/- a couple days.

Joe, Built 100' of dock last year, going to build another (8) 10' sections to enlarge the platform and also get out a little deeper. Will update my dock build thread as I get rolling.

Larry, HW is only about 25 mins away now and even when he did help, ya know kids these days, it felt like I was carrying both sides from one end anyways

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:42am
Ah, so you're always about 2 weeks ahead of us.

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 12:01pm
Rough here today too. Only supposed to hit 78!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 2:52pm
Open water in Iowa too! This was taken last night. Air temp was in the 70's. Water was cold but nice enough to ski...all our gear is under the RV in Orlando.

-------------

Posted By: dochockey
Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 4:24pm
Been offered to ski definitely need a suit, but spring snow skiing is in its prime. One of these days I'm going snow skiing in the morning and water in the afternoon !

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 4:36pm
Kirk, let me know when you're passing through next time. We'll have boats ready on their lift's this weekend!

-------------

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 5:02pm
Way to early for boats still having to much fun doing this...

http://s256.photobucket.com/user/gun-driver/media/MT%20Valin%20March%202015/DSC01316_zps4lurtrwm.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s256.photobucket.com/user/gun-driver/media/MT%20Valin%20March%202015/DSC01339_zpspypsjdh4.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Way to early for boats still having to much fun doing this...

http://s256.photobucket.com/user/gun-driver/media/MT%20Valin%20March%202015/DSC01339_zpspypsjdh4.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Is that trail 2 outside of Wakefield???

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:29pm
I'm traveling the last week of the month. Thanks for the offer hopefully I can fit a run in? Is that water always on the cold side?

Paul I got to go sledding in the mountains this winter wow that was fun now I have a sled added to the list.

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Is that trail 2 outside of Wakefield???

Mont Valin Quebec

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Mont Valin Quebec

Even better, saw the power line and that reminded me the top of the hill on "the shortcut" on trail #2.

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-01-2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

One of these days I'm going snow skiing in the morning and water in the afternoon !

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10213&KW=snow+and+water&title=snow-and-water-spring-ski" rel="nofollow - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10213&KW=snow+and+water&title=snow-and-water-spring-ski

-------------

Date Posted: April-16-2015 at 10:29pm
Winter snow storm up to 3 feet. I was just getting use to the warming weather. My Daughter went on a field trip today, the bus had to stop to put chains on, they were over 4 hours late due to the snow. The winter skis are coming back out.

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:26pm

This time they weren't kidding 2 feet of snow

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:29pm
That BLOOOOOWWWSSSSSSS!!!!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:33pm
That's sweet!!!!! Wish we would have gotten that. I would love to pull the sled back out.

Ordering a new sled tomorrow.

Date Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:38pm
Paul - what you going to order???

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 12:26am
Thats terrible,and here I'm thinking it's been 10 whole days and 1500 miles since we have been in a boat. These fuel injected engines are sure nice,this thing has been sitting since October. It started like I used it yesterday.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 8:18am
Gary,
It looks pretty quiet on the river. Great time of the year for a cruise.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 9:37am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Paul - what you going to order???

Skidoo Freeride 800 E-tec with a 146" x 2.5" track

Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 11:14am
Nice ride! Best of all worlds right there, nice track length to bridge the bumps and enough to float on the powder and a good size lug to drive you through the deep stuff, and that E-tec engine is snappy, quick and long on the power curve. Jealous - really missed riding this year, ahhh this too shall pass.

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 11:15am
Throw a picture up when you get it, hopefully an action shot doing a nice "wheelie"!!!!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-18-2015 at 4:19pm
Yea when the snow gets this deep the big lug is a must

http://s256.photobucket.com/user/gun-driver/media/MT%20Valin%20March%202015/DSC01318_zpsxqslesdc.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Here's my current sled its a Skidoo Backcountry X 800 E-tec on a 137 x 1.75 track. Its for sale by the way

http://s256.photobucket.com/user/gun-driver/media/snowmobile%20stuff/BCX%201_zpsfbdz0wad.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 10:40am
Getting closer, been a mild winter this year, ice only about 12" thick. My prediction is open water by 3/10/16, we will see.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: fanofccfan
Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:06am
we had 14" two weeks ago. looks like we may be able to ski this weekend......but I doubt we do!

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:10am

Getting closer, been a mild winter this year, ice only about 12" thick. My prediction is open water by 3/10/16, we will see.

A couple of weeks ago after a few cold calm days my cove had a light skim of ice over it, but it didn’t last long.   95% of the lake never came close to freezing.   Considering the last two years were covered until April 10th it should be an early start around here. Unfortunately, spring rains around here keep me from considering putting in the docks until after White Lake.   

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 11:49am
Our ice in was real late this year to the point where the snomo trails weren't even marked/opened across the lakes until the second week of January. It really hurt the business's that depend so much on the sport. The cold snap that did freeze them up opening up the trails did produce plenty of ice except for the bays that have some snow/slush cover insulating the cold. I've heard reports of ice thickness varying from well over 14" to under 8". I don't feel we'll see a total ice out until the 1st of April.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Hansel
Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 1:04pm
Gonna be that guy (for the first time in a while).

Ya'lls lakes are the only water with thin ice. I remember hearing so much about the 1997–98 El Niño as a kid, but there isn't much talk about the ongoing El Niño.

I haven't checked in with my folks at the lake in Michigan, but if their winter has been a mild as the one here in Kentucky ice out can't be too far off.

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 1:18pm
My Mommy say's I have been on thin ice my whole life

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: kytom2
Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 2:10pm
Its a wonder she did not push you thru that thin ice and hold you under it.

-------------

Date Posted: February-29-2016 at 3:32pm
and by wonder you mean shame

wasn't much snow to insulate the ice either

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: March-09-2016 at 3:42pm
I'm overseas, but authorities tell me Deep Lake is open water. Do you concur Mr. Quinner? I'll be out on the kayak paddling around the shoreline Saturday morning with a couple of Oktoberfest beers in the hold. The fun begins.

Date Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:06pm

Looks like I was a day off. Just a bit of floating ice down my way this AM, likely will be gone when I get home this PM if not already..

There were people out ice fishing this weekend off my shoreline, where they were fishing was open water by Monday evening, crazy risk for a bunch of pan fish.

-------------

Date Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:14pm
The DNR deadline for getting shanties off our lakes up here is Sunday however, I only saw one still on the lake today. Lot's of hustling yesterday pulling them off the ice since it's going quick. If this warm weather keeps up I'd guess we'll see open water in about a week.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window