Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'93 351 Pro-Tec No juice to System

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rsnorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsnorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '93 351 Pro-Tec No juice to System
    Posted: June-29-2013 at 12:36pm
I wonder if someone could help me solve this problem. Got the boat in 2 weeks ago, ran fine. The battery is fully charged, there is no juice to the starter, the horn, lights and blower. I checked the 2 breakers on the engine and one is depressed while the other is out. I can't press or release either breaker. My Ignition button is on. Do I need to replace either breaker or is there a fuse between the battery and the breakers (the wiring diagram shows there is a "fusible link" between the relay and the 12.5 breaker). It you think it could be the fusible link, where do I look to find this fuse?

Thanks for your time, Steve
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2013 at 1:52pm
Steve,
Welcome to CCfan. The first request we all have is pictures!

Get the VOM out and confirm you have the power going in and out of the breaker. They are known to go bad but you need to test to diagnose the problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rsnorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsnorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2013 at 6:52pm
Thanks... just checked and it looks like the 50 Breaker is out and is the one that you can't push in the button, 12.5 breaker is good and I can get power to the blower etc. How hard is it to replace the 50 breaker?

Steve
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2013 at 12:33pm
The 50 is supposed to be out more so nothing is wrong with that. First stop is the ignition button. Its a circuit breaker and they tend to go bad. I'd wiggle it and push it in and out to see if maybe its just a worn out connection. If everything is dead then this would be my bet, but before I'd go taking the dash out I'd do one more simple test just to verify. Break out the multi meter and see if you have power at the positive side of the start solenoid on the back of the engine(starboard side). If you do then you need to either pull the dash or the break panel and jumper across the ignition break to see if that's your issue. All you'll need is a 2-3" piece of wire as a jumper. Click the blower on beforehand so you'll have a quick way of knowing if bypassing the switch gave you power transfer. What sux is those breaker switchers are around $30 last time I checked.

Edit: On mine the fuesable link is behind the dash.
'94SN Restoration underway...
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 7:43pm
Its the solenoid. My 1992 did this.   It was like a deadspot, turn the key, nothing. But then all of sudden it would be fine. Bang on the Solenoid back there behind the engine or just replace it.
84 SN, 92 SNOB, 2005 SANTE 2006 SN 206
rsnorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsnorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2013 at 8:08pm
Thanks so much. I payed $75 and $50 shipping for the 50 amp breaker, but you were correct... the dash breaker needed to be replaced and was much easier to replace compared to the other.

Thanks for your advice.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic