NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new 1995 Nautique hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:51pm
Sure - drop me a line any time. Kevin dot Roundhill at gmail dot com is a very easy way to start the ball rolling. Shipping will be a bear, but maybe if I can find one big box it would not be too bad.

I have a spare fuel tank. And those straps. and I MIGHT even have those missing brackets. I don't recall exactly what I saved and what is missing. I know that I have the elbow you need for the ventilation system that is missing too (the hole on the starboard side just aft of the engine bay).

Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:58pm
Ohio might give that a HIN, it does have the Manufactures'/NMMA, coast guard placard. If you get a friendly ODNR inspector, they very well might do it. It will probably be titled as an unknown year Correct Craft. Also, the state of Ohio does not really have "private lakes" the water is owned by the state, and the boats need registrations, I'm not saying this is enforced.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

I have a spare fuel tank. And those straps. and I MIGHT even have those missing brackets.

Careful, '93 and '95 are different in the stern area and will most likely not share the same fuel tanks. CC added a gentle curve to the shape in 1994.
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 2:11pm
The name on the cover is Canvas Cover UP. I will Try to get you a phone number.

Derek
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

I have a spare fuel tank. And those straps. and I MIGHT even have those missing brackets.

Careful, '93 and '95 are different in the stern area and will most likely not share the same fuel tanks. CC added a gentle curve to the shape in 1994.

Yeah, I'm worried about what will not translate between 1993 and 1995. I noticed that curve too. My boat does not have those vent lines that are hanging down in the back either, so there are differences.

Somebody with a 1995 boat - open up the back and start taking some pictures for us! What does the tank look like? How is it held down?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 6:58pm
I got those pictures somewhere...my 95 is in plenty of pieces
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 7:30pm
I can show him anything he need's from my '95
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 12:09am
Making some progress. First I was able to get a HIN number for the hull. Second got a engine cradle. Kroundy has a fuel cell out of his 1993. Made by Kracor Inc. Model 6-7032. Does anyone know if that is the same tank that is in a 1995. Thanks for everyones help.

Derek
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 12:19am
Gun-driver,

I talked to Ron today and asked him about that cover you have and he said that they are out of business. Sorry about the bad news. I would think somebody should be able to duplicate that cover. There is a awning shop near me that I think could make it. Culp Meyer Awning 4545 Shepler Church Rd. Canton, Ohio 44706. If you need the phone I can get that for you.

Derek
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by upsman upsman wrote:

Gun-driver,

I talked to Ron today and asked him about that cover you have and he said that they are out of business. Sorry about the bad news. I would think somebody should be able to duplicate that cover. There is a awning shop near me that I think could make it. Culp Meyer Awning 4545 Shepler Church Rd. Canton, Ohio 44706. If you need the phone I can get that for you.
Derek

I appreciate it but not necessary, it was just a thought. I tried goggling them and came up with some numbers for a company with the same name in Ohio but it wasn't them.
As for the tank, what motor are you going to put in it. If you’re planning on a GT-40 EFI I believe the tank may be different. I can get better pics if you need them, I had these on file.

You can see the aluminum rack and the well of the tank in this pic.

upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 1:03am
Looks like the tank in the 1995 is curved much more than in a 1993. I will try to find a model number on the tank of a 1995.

Derek
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 12:19pm
That is quite a bit different. Guess I'll go put my tank back under the house.

Derek - I think everything else we talked about will work. That standoff bracket for the steering cable looks exactly the same. It appears from those pictures that the straps I have for my tank would still work. Sorry that I can't help you more!

Kevin
cooperlacy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 6:48pm
Here is the info from the sticker on the tank in my 1995 SN EFI. It is exactly like the picture posted earlier (including the recessed well for the fuel pick-up).

Manufacturer: INCA Molded Products, Inc. (6400 Louisiana Ave. Nashville, TN 37209. 615-350-7290)
Model No.: F02653
Serial No.: 208051
Date Mfg.: 09/21/1994
Capacity: 26 gal. (98 liters)
Material: Crosslink Poly
Wall: 0.200

Hope this helps. If you need any more pictures of the tank out of the boat I have a few that I can send you.

Cooper
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 4:06pm
That's good news that you got a HIN for the boat, Derek. I love this project.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 4:25pm
I am very pleased to have been wrong about the difficulty involved in getting a HIN. Great project!!!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 10:59pm
Sounds as though you got your registration problems ironed out, but just in case, today I spoke with Larry Meddock, who was VP of Marketing when this boat was sent to Ron's. Although he doesn't remember anything about that specific boat, he does recall that about that time CC was encouraging dealers to use a boat as an outdoor display or sign. Many of them were partial boats, such as the starboard side half of a boat, which would have been mounted on a wall. Those were built without much structural strength so that they would be light. It is rather unusual for one to have been built the same as a production boat, and we most certainly would not have participated in any arrangement to make the boat ready to become a "real" boat.

I now recall that the 1995 was what I call a "slant back" boat, that is to say that the deck part of the transom slopes down to the hull. On those boats, the hull number is under the boarding platform, just below the deck joint on the starboard side. It might even be hidden by the platform. Have you checked there for an HIN?
Art
"Art"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 11:18pm
Could Cooper weight the boat to see if it has the normal hull structure?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Could Cooper weight the boat to see if it has the normal hull structure?

I think you can get a fairly good idea about strength by simply pounding on it with your fist and see if it feels and sounds like other boats. We weigh all the hulls as they come out of the molds, but at that point it doesn't include the deck or other interior items that will be in the boat in question.
Art
"Art"
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 9:33pm
I was hoping Art had some more accurate info on this. Any Shipping records? It does not look like a sign prop. Very interesting!!
Js
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:14pm
Without a hull ID number, there is no way to trace it. It would be totally un-CC-like to build a boat allegedly for a sign knowing that it eventually would be made into a running boat. There is something mysterious about this whole situation.

Has anyone checked under the platform for an HID?

Art
"Art"
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:25pm
When I was in high school, I worked for an industrial/commercial lawn mower dealer. Occasionally, we'd have a new mower that would become a donor mower for new parts to replace badly needed items that weren't in stock.

It always started out with the intention that the parts robbed off of the donor mower would be replaced asap and the mower would be sold alongside the other newer, never molested mowers. Sometimes that happend, sometimes not.   It would seem even more unlikely with a much higher priced item such as this, but it makes you wonder.

It seems weird that this boat would be so complete for any type of advertisement. Alot can happen in 18 years. Perhaps the dealer forgot or confused the details of the acquisition of this boat?

Seriously, it's too complete and would be too expensive and too nice to use as outdoor signage. You also, wouldn't want it incomplete for use as an indoor advertisement or boat show sales piece? And, if it was ordered as such a piece by a dealer from CC, why wasn't it used that way? I'm guessing there'd be considerable liability for CC to make a boat so close to completion, yet not complete and signed off on as being finished.

Very mysterious, but very interesting. I'd be interested to know too if that HIN is hidden down there under the teak platform
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
cooperlacy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:38pm
Sorry, but I can't weigh my boat. It lives on the lift and I don't even have a trailer for it. According to the 1995 brochure in the reference section the 95 SN closed bow was 2340 lbs. dry, but that is with an engine, transmission, and all the other gear.

Cooper
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 12:18am
Sorry Cooper, I meant the OP in my post.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 1:48am
It looks too complete to be a sign boat. Wouldn't be surprised if it already had a HIN.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 4:38am
Originally posted by upsman upsman wrote:

Making some progress. First I was able to get a HIN number for the hull. Second got a engine cradle. Kroundy has a fuel cell out of his 1993. Made by Kracor Inc. Model 6-7032. Does anyone know if that is the same tank that is in a 1995. Thanks for everyones help.

Derek

So how did you get the HIN? or would you have to kill us if you told us?

Was it already on the hull?
This is the life
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 6:41am
Art,
Even if the hull was made for a purpose other than a complete boat, wouldn't it still have a HIN molded into the transom?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 10:06am
try calling Chris or James at this number, they both worked at Ron's during that time frame and may have some info on the boat, they own a mastercraft dealership now but got their start at Rons,330-325-822
"the things you own will start to own you"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Art,
Even if the hull was made for a purpose other than a complete boat, wouldn't it still have a HIN molded into the transom?

Pete, I can't quote the exact USCG wording on that, but I do know that in part it says "Bare hull manufacturers are not boat manufacturers and therefore are not permitted to affix an HIN."

What is not clear to me is whether a manufacturer who builds finished boats and makes an occasional bare hull is obligated to affix an HIN. I guess the reasoning is that by affixing the HIN we are certifying that the (complete) "boat" meets all safety and certificaton requirements. Someone could buy a bare hull and put a big jet engine in it and go have an accident, and we would be liable if our HIN was on the boat. That's one of the reasons we retain engine model and serial numbers installed at the factory.

That boat should have the "hidden" HIN molded on deck under the dash pod if there is one. Occasionally I hear that there is still another one buried somewhere in the structure, but apparently that is proprietary information.

So far I haven't heard a firm answer on whether anyone has checked under the platform.

Art

"Art"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 11:35am
Didnt all this come up before? Who has a better memory than me, or better searching skills? Matt and Reid at Race City ended up with a boat that had been a "sign" no interior, no engine, etc. Acquired a no hour GT40- an interior etc and got it back to a functioning boat. I maybe wrong but I thought it was also a 95 ish nautique.. if so then that would indicate a pattern, a program or something of the like?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Ohio might give that a HIN, it does have the Manufactures'/NMMA, coast guard placard. If you get a friendly ODNR inspector, they very well might do it. It will probably be titled as an unknown year Correct Craft. Also, the state of Ohio does not really have "private lakes" the water is owned by the state, and the boats need registrations, I'm not saying this is enforced.

Yeah only private lake i ever saw, was out Ohio U team's water ski lake, was cool seeing all the boats without registration #'s on them.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
  Share Topic