NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

one of a kind T-shirts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one of a kind T-shirts
    Posted: January-20-2006 at 12:29pm
I recently heard of fabric you can buy at
craft store that you can put in a printer and
then iron on to a T-shirt to make one of a kind shirts. Supposedly
they can even withstand washing, like any iron on transfer shirts. I thought that sounded cool.

Then I started thinking about dcrhis's thread last week about needing
some incentive and how someone mentioned pauls picture of his boat.
So I decided to design a shirt for Paul.

OK...so I need to get a life...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 12:49pm
That's pretty cool but please try and get a life

Maybe you could come up with a cool looking shirt for the green lake festivities???? not that this one wouldn't work.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 7:21pm
75 Tique; Awesome. Some of you guys are so talented on these computers. Where can I buy one of these shirts?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2006 at 7:23am
Hell I want a few of these baby's for riders on the boat! Damn i like that shirt You Da man 75 tique!!!Yea Where do i get these 75? Are you bringing them to green lake?
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 5:48am
Hey 75 tique, what you're refering to is a type of printer paper. You flip the image and print it on the paper, lay the paper on the shirt and heat it with an iron. It works very well on white shirts. You can find it at Wal-Mart in the paper section where they have the photo papers.
Tim D
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 6:38am
I was just goofing around, but if you are really interested, I refined the above design a little bit and made a front version as well. I really know nothing about the iron on things, but since Tim verified it, you can feel free to try it. I'm not sure if you could go to a printer and get shirts like this done, I think the multicolor photo would cost a fortune to print. I don't know, but if anyone going to Green Lake (sorry--too far for me) wants to run with this, feel free. I have also prepared both the graphics in a reversed format to accomodate the iron on thing. Also, if anyone does run with this, you would need to ask Keith about use of his logo. I would say we need Paul's permission too, but it sounds like we already got it. If anyone wants me to email them either these images (although I think you can just download these) or the reversed ones, let me know.

BACK

FRONT

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 7:20am
I'll jump in here on the shirt thing, You can get the paper for transfers at any office supply store, print the image out on an inkjet printer. Office Max or Kinko's will actually make the transfers for you. You can iron them on and they come out pretty good, we use a heat press designed just for that when we do baseball uniforms. I am in the apparel business and we print about 2000 shirts a day but very little one off stuff like this.
Good job 75, if you're ever looking for work let me know, atleast I'll have someone to talk about boats with at work.

Now for a Green Lake tee shirt, we have been working with a designer out of California that is putting together a shirt design for Green Lake. She has been doing this for a long time and I have printed many of her designs. She's had her work on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine so our design should be pretty cool. Click on the link below for an idea of what she's doing for us. I am supposed to see a final layout proof today and if it looks good she'll start doing the color layout. We'll probably be able to post a finished design in a couple of weeks along with some more difinitive info on the reunion. We're working on alot of things to make Green Lake a great trip so stay tuned.Hot Rod Stuff
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 8:47am
Alan; AWESOME, but you better have extras to sell to us poor guys that can't make it. The more I listen to what is goin' on for Green Lake, the sadder I become that I won't make it.

Also; If you ever want to open an outlet in Florida I'm your guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 8:56am
Hey John,

Once we get a little further along you'll be able to order a shirt whether you're going to the reunion or not. We will be printing the shirts at my business so out of pocket cost to the group is minimal and all proceeds will go into paying for expenses for the reunion or back to Correctcraftfan.com

Oh yeah and if I ever open a branch in Florida I will run that one and you're welcome to come up here and take my spot I pay good, all the reject tee shirts you can wear.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 12:32pm
75tique/81nautique......Looks great.... WOOOOWWW I would be honored to have my boat on the reunion shirt!!! What a great site! I cant wait until green lake. You guys are AWESOME!!! I'm glad you guys are good with that artistic stuff... Hopefully i can provide some musical enjoyment at the reunion?
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 1:04pm
Paul,

Sounds like Alan has the "official" and definitely more professional Green Lake shirt under control, but if you want a custom "Paul's Babes" shirt, let me know and I'll email you the files and you can give the iron on thing a try.

Larry
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 8:07pm
81: Where is "up here"? I don't think Mrs. jbear will let me go to far from home without adult supervision.

I'll put my order in right now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 9:12pm
Jbear,
originally from Rhode Island but been here in Chicago burbs for 15 years now. About 50 miles west of the city and it's friggin cold with the wind blowing like crazy tonight. You don't want to come up here until the summer, say maybe july 15, if you know what I mean. There should be a lot of adults at this little shindig in Wisconsin but I'm not so sure they'll be supervised.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2006 at 6:47am
75tique...... That would be awesome!!!! Just let me know when you get them and i'll send ya some money..Shoot me an e-mail when you get it done.

Thanks a ton!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2006 at 6:47pm
Alan; Lived and worked in Northeast Ohio (Cleveland) for the phone company splicing cable for 33 years. So I feel your pain man. Thats why we are in Florida now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic