Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arggh. ,me lake, its froze!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arggh. ,me lake, its froze!
    Posted: December-28-2005 at 1:23pm
I am itching for summer already! Been a long time since I posted/visited. Got the interior of the '80 gutted, need to do a little glass work, carpet, and HOPEFULLY seat covers over winter. I cant wait to get back out on the water!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2005 at 2:10pm
So where are the progress pictures????

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2005 at 3:32pm
nothing yet. the boat is out in my barn, no electric,heat,tools,etc. gotta wait till early spring to start up again. At least its dry out there!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2005 at 4:47pm
why wait?! http://www.planetnautique.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/tige1319.jpg
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2005 at 8:49pm
Hey Trike, I feel your pain but how about a few motivational photos to get your blood flowing? Like you my boat sits out in the cold garage so I've been working on my new interior in the warm basement for a couple days

Gonna be a long winter but I'm feeling better already, get to work bro, it helps
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 12:28am
Alan...you are working on that thing are'nt you??? Looking good too...must be motivated to show it off at GL!

Trike...when the lakes are frozen...it's time to strap the blades on and play hockey!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 5:31am
nice job on the interior Al that will look sharp when your finished,

and at least it's a supra out in the ice being trashed, hated to see a real boat out there like that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 6:09am
Thanks Stang and 79, Working my butt off, parties over though, back to work today(the real world). As promised I'll post photos of everything when done. I figure 2 more days on the seats and then it's carpet time.

Trivia question... how many staples?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 6:22am
Wow, really nice on the interior! I have more stinkin projects. I wish I was a "one project" guy, but I suffer from an affliction that causes me to buy things that "just need a little TLC"
at least I have no payments on my toys
there is the
68 mustang
the motorhome
all my assorted Honda ATC's (trikes)
the boat (a hole in the water that I throw money into)
and for whatever reason I bought a 130 year old house 10 years ago that is always going to be yet another project.
Pray for me!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 9:38am
Alan, is there any way you can send me the dimentions for the spotters seat? We just took our boat to the upholstry shop yesterday, but at one time or another the spotters chair was re-done, but not to the right size. It blocks the Ski Nautique badge and is crooked. If you could give me the height and width I'd appreciate it!
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 9:55am
Wow, Now I know where to get any future interior tips from.. Nice Job Alan !! Those pieces look like they'll last a lifetime.. Imagining that there are probably 10,000 staples involved, one would hope so !!!!!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 11:59am
Trike,
Sounds like you need a winter hobbie to go along with the rest, time for a snowmobile. That's my plan for next year.

Surround,
I'll be home late tonight so probably can't get you dimensions til the morning but I will asap.

Mojo, You give me too much credit, I've only used 3500 so far. Thank God for electric staple guns.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Surround,
I'll be home late tonight so probably can't get you dimensions til the morning but I will asap.

Awesome! I'd really appreciate it!
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 2:58pm
trike; We feel your pain man. Gonna use my '80 this Sunday. Temps to be in the low 80s. Lived in Ohio for my first 54 years so I know the feeling of just lookin' at your toys this time of year.

BKH; Hope ya had a great Holiday!

Alan; Awesome job! Looks like a pro did it. Where'd ya learn?

To everyone else: Happy New Year!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by surroundsound64 surroundsound64 wrote:

Alan, is there any way you can send me the dimentions for the spotters seat? We just took our boat to the upholstry shop yesterday, but at one time or another the spotters chair was re-done, but not to the right size. It blocks the Ski Nautique badge and is crooked. If you could give me the height and width I'd appreciate it!

I talked to the upholstery guy this afternoon, if you can, he'd like to have the dimentions on the capt chair frame too.

Thanks!
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Trike,
Sounds like you need a winter hobbie to go along with the rest, time for a snowmobile. That's my plan for next year.

Been there, had kids, killed that activity! Besides, the snow around here either IS or IS NOT. Either we have a sled season or we dont. I had 12 grand in 2 brand new sleds in the late '90's and used them for only 2 of the 4 seasons I owned them.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 4:49am
Surround,
Couldn't sleep so here's what I came up with for ya, please measure twice cut once. I sketched these up this morning from my finished seats. My originals were pretty shot so this is what I came up with from them. The pedestal base for the spotter seat is 5" high and the captain seat IS narrower at the top than the bottom. Also the spotter seat is not square on the port side, it canters out to the side to follow the flare of the hull. Let me know if you need anything else.   It's 5:50 am, now the big question...make coffee and finish my seats or go to bed?

Good Luck dude, post pics when your done

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 9:02am
Awesome! Thanks a TON Alan!
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic