Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 26>
Author
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 9:14pm
You have no idea how bad I am drooling right now waiting for summer to come. I am going to dale hollow lake over memorial day, for a houseboat trip, and then our trip to GL in July, AARRGGHHH hurry up summer.

Rob
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 10:17am
Rob,
I'm with ya man... This time of year, when it doesn't know whether to snow or make the trees blume, makes one a little testy.....

Moj'
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 6:15pm
I see Quinner signed up, way to go man we'll see you there.
Awesome rig, I think my wife might be in for a shock when I start talking about a new boat after the reunion.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 7:45pm
Thanks 81, I am really looking forward to the event and seeing all those Nautiques together, it is sure to be a great time! I am planning on coming up Thursday night or Friday AM. I will probably need somewhere to park the boat/trailer on the overnights if anyone knows/has a good spot.

Chris
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 7:51pm
hey everyone . iam new here. just got my computer hooked up again after several moves.i have been looking through the forum since i found it after hooking up .i am real interested in this green lake reunion.my boat will not be able to make it this year but i am wondering if there is a spot to swim for the kids while me and the better half are checking out all the boats festivities. is there a campground for pithing a tent nearby
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 8:03pm
p/allen,

Check out the reunion page, there is a link to the greenlake website where you can find all the accomodations you need. the campground is right on the lake called Hattie Sherwood campground. You don't have to have the boat with you to come out and have a great time. e-mail me if you have any questions.

Quinner, I think Mojo has the overnite parking sorted out, we'll verify that after we get together on Memorial day.

See you guys there. These two posts just made my day, real long crappy day and then 2 more CCFAns showing up to green lake. Awesome
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 8:55pm
Mojo; You got the winter blues man, you know the jbear has the cure. Trees are blooming here!
Alan; Your wife should be in shock if you start talkin' new boat and I hope she has a 2X4 handy to whack you with.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 9:12pm
Jbear, the real shock for her will be when I tell her I plan to keep the 81 and just ADD something with a little more room to the collection of toys,........     maybe
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 9:26pm
I would like to have that 81 if it goes up for sale
Scott
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 10:04pm
Alan,
two boats?!? I cant imagine who needs two boats?

"mrs 62" tells me I can only use one of my boats at a time....but,as you know, lifes all about choices,(do i take the 62or the 64)hehehe

Alan,what would your second ride be?..
...besides someone has to try to keep up with stang!..speaking of stang, anyone seen him,or am i just missing any posts from him?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 5:58am
Quinner- Good to see another person sign up! That 206 is HOT.

Incidentally, the Green Lake Inn called me back finally. Told them I had to pass, so maybe there is an extra room or two there still.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 6:16am
Well all right, bring it on.... Welcome to the fun quinner and p/allen !!!!

Alan, I say we just keep going and add a few more and open up our own CC emporium here in Ill. hahahaha... Yep, she'll kill ya !!

Overnight parking I think will not be a problem.. Check back to the site for details forthcoming..

JBear, looking at 5-6 inches of the white stuff in the Northern suburbs tonight !!! Crap...
Moj'
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 6:22am
p/allen,

Yes, directly adjacent to the main campground is a public beach area where your kids can swim and fish.. There is also another area open to the public on the South end of the lake where there is nice sand, and plenty of places to picnic...

The shallows, where we are going to gather for the in water boat show is also a great place to swim. I'm sure there will be spots on boats to get you out there to enjoy ... Not to worry.. Pack the SUV and come on out !!!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 6:32am
62wood,

Well the initials are still CC although not Correct Craft. This is what plan to be in when it just hurts more to ski than it's worth.

You gotta dream right, then I could pull alongside Mojo's cruiser in one of these and ask" Pardon me, do you have any grey poupon"

Man I must need summer as bad as the rest of you guys.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 7:10am
Alan,
   NICE CAPS!! Make sure you bring them to the reunion!!!!

Im with ya on the ski thing...i havent skied in 20 years..(actually twice..two years ago..behind a 110 horse OB dont try to deep water behind that,after that long away from skiing) I wouldnt mind getting back into "pleasure' skiing tho.

My wife and I love to take the ol inboards out for an "evening cruise" and just listen to the exhaust "music" man i must be getting old! you cant go wrong with any make of an inboard woody!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 7:24am
Alan,

That ChrisCraft is beautiful, but for my money, the Gar Wood is the retirement dream boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 7:41am
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcome! This will be a first CC/CCF reunion for me and I am really looking forward to it!
Coincidentally I dropped a note to the gentleman who bought my Paragon last year, he is a really great guy and hopefully he will be able to attend. It would be great to see the “Woody” along with all of the other great boats that will be there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 7:46am
BKH, I love all the old woodies, (can I say that here) but that barrel stern is too darn sexy not to have one. And that one sold for $50,000 that's actually not that bad. Check out Mitch LaPoint's website when you get a chance, the guy is a master rebuilder. The wife and I are gonna take a fall trip out there this year just to check some of these babies out.
Mitch LaPoint
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 8:08am
Quinn- That paragon is about as hot as it gets. You've got to have a bit of seller's remorse about that baby. I'd keep in touch with the buyer so you can get it back in a few years.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 9:01am
Hey Alan,
Grey Poupon maybe,,, A Genuine Draft For sure... The draft on my Cobalt is so tall I'll be throwing them to ya hahahaha...

Killer idea on the Woody.. I've always liked them, they just scare me work wise.. You'll see them all over Green Lake...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 9:25am
Mojo,

Don't you just fill the lifeboats with beer and ice? You could just winch em down to us poor common folk.

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 10:13am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Mojo,

Don't you just fill the lifeboats with beer and ice? You could just winch em down to us poor common folk.

Haha... Na I like watching you open a beer I threw to ya.. It's funny when they explode... hey, don't laugh, there is at least cooler room on the beast!!! Hell, I'm going to make some doe come Saturday afternoon when you guys run dry after a few hours in the middle of the lake LOL...

I would like to use the boat as a center point with a banner for everyone to see. Then I can take pics of everyones boat from a higher point.. It'll be great !!

Moj
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 10:34am
Alan ,
If Moj gets too expensive on the beers, I could bring my '66 ,12'aluminum Aero-craft row boat... Could fill it with ice and cool ones. Hook it up to an old ski rope and drag her behind the '64-'Skier...lifes good!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 10:38am
there ya go

a BEER BOAT

coming to your lake soon.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 10:58am
62'..... That actually is not a bad idea !!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 3:25pm
I got "dibs" on drivin' the beer boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 3:54pm
John,
Does that mean your coming!!!!???? KOOOL!!!! You can be the DD...AND... you'd get to drive my overpowered ,6 beater, 64 American Skier ,"beer-boat"... !!!!
You wont want to go back to that 'ol nautique of yours after that!

or ...we could just pull you in the Aero-craft beer cooler..maybe be the "beer-tender" hehehe

SEE YOU AT GREEN LAKE!!!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 4:02pm
Mojo

Thanks forthe info on the swimming for the kids .I would like to see all the boats and the festivitys . It would be great if we would be able to snag about 5 seats maybe 6, depending on the better halfs daughter if she would like to go with us . Thanks again
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 4:03pm
Turns out my wife used to go to this B & B when she was a kid with her family. Her dad saw the website and told her they used to have breakfast there. So she's already been there even though she doesn't remember. Neat, huh?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 4:09pm
M3, What's nice is the place has just been refurbished, has a great screened in porch, and yes, the owner Bob and his wife Mary whip up a great breakfast every morning !!!! Your wife will love it..

(Funny Story)
Back in the late 70's, this house was basically abandoned and used as a the local dope smoking den... Finally it was going to be ripped down and someone bought it and brought it back to life some 20 years ago...
Just a little history for ya..

p/Allen,
No problem.. Your family will love the area.. I'm sure we can work something out to get you on the water !!

Moj'

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 26>
  Share Topic