NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

I will and I really mean I will attend to one of this reunion before I leave this world!

you missed a great time. I've hit 4 CCF events this summer, and had the most fun by far at the Benjamin ranch. The thing that put this weekend over the top for me was that all the activity was concentrated around the yard and the docks. Sure, when a boat, or two, or six was out skiing then folks were doing that, but we basically just all hung out for a whole weekend in Greg's back yard. In Nashville we were all spread out across the lake, the same at White Lake. I'll be marking this weekend early next year, can't wait to go back.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Looks like fun.

I guess nobody has taught Joe the circle start.... ;)

I was on the end of a rope - not driving - we made a slight attempt at a circle start but we were hemmed in pretty close on the right (the direction the back of the boat was walking over to) by some small islands and with dark coming quick we just went for what we could get.... A decent prop - closer to stock 1:1 sizes would have been appropriate but we still had enough to bend the pylon pretty good.   

Come on out next year and you can help us get to a dozen...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 12:48pm
I was thinking about the pylon bending - would it make sense to have a fly high pole attached, but still put the ski ropes on the pylon, with the bow strap of the fly high adding support?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 12:51pm
^^Yes to the Fly High being attached (and still pulling from down low).^^

Great pictures and recounts, gentlemen. Still eagerly awaiting Picture Pat's contribution!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 3:10pm
Another great weekend in Goshen!

PicturePat and I arrived Thursday morning at 2:00AM after picking up this beauty from Uncle Todd. He gave us a nice tour of his place on the river, a few of his boats and some waterski memorabilia even thought it was pushing midnight.

Thursday morning we woke up to this sight at Tim's cabin and knew it was going to be a great weekend.

That morning was the first time I set eyes on my new purchase. I have that publicly thank Tim again for going well out of his way to fetch this gem for me, getting her all dialed in and I'm sure putting a few hours on her before we made the trip! After playing with one orange boat, Gregg took Pat and I skiing behind the Crush which is always a treat.

Thursday afternoon consisted of running to the store for some of Hollywood's "Aluminum Sandwiches" and chasing down some parts for the BFN.

Friday consisted of many hours skiing, helping CCFans get set-up for the weekend and then more skiing. I don't have many pics of Friday outside of a sunset photo of Reid driving the Promo.

Saturday was filled with quite a bit of trick skiing and retro runs behind the promo. Like Joe mentioned before, it wasn't the prettiest display of skiing anyone's done, but we had a heck of a time trying to figure out new things and teaching first timers. (Booby, hope that finger is healing up well!)

Saturday was also the big day for the BFN. While not the first initial pop, I did get some video of the initial run after some fine tuning on the hose.

A few more pics from Saturday and evening. We played hard...

Had a few drinks...

And took a few naps...

Sunday morning started out with a bang...well more of a pop for me! A combination of old college groin injury, fatigue from the previous day's trick skiing and not being warmed up led to me falling hard on the 5 man attempt. It's still black and blue a week later but is feeling much better!

Monday was departure day for Adam, Joe and us Iowa folks.

We followed Joe up to his place and took in the beautiful scenery in New York State and had a bite to eat in Joe's hometown. We ended up getting to Cleveland that night so we could make it to Quinner's place Tuesday afternoon to pick up our Chris Craft ML which he'd been storing in his garage. Of course, we had to take a boat ride on Deep Lake and recap the weekend over a few beers.

By Thursday evening the Promo was back in the water at Diamondhead Lake. Since then, Zoe and I have put another 4 hours enjoying beautiful evenings like this....

Again, many thanks goes out to the entire Benjamin family for opening up their homes to us for the extended weekend. A first class family for sure and I look forward to the next time we can all get together. Like all other times I've been to CCF events, I truly felt as if I was hanging with my second family. I'm very lucky to have such great friends across the country!! I also want to thank everyone for welcoming Zoe so kindly. She's hooked on Correct Crafts and had a great time meeting everyone...even Quinner!

I can also say the same holds true for Pat, Ben and Mary Beth...they're hooked and I'm sure Ben will be a registered member shortly. Thanks again to all who helped teach them to ski...feed them and provide them with all things to have a great weekend!

Thanks again for all those who helped us on our journey out east! We had a great time meeting new friends, hanging out with our CCFam and seeing new sights!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 4:58pm
sweet, although I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the call from Cleveland...

picture pat, where you at?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 5:03pm
I would have given you a call but we rolled in late and slept in the next morning. I think we all needed a giod rest before making the last leg to Iowa. Next time for sure!!!

Pat claims he has 190 pics to post of the weekend! I've officially called him out so no he HAS to post them!
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 1:04am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Looks like fun.

I guess nobody has taught Joe the circle start.... ;)

I was on the end of a rope - not driving - we made a slight attempt at a circle start but we were hemmed in pretty close on the right (the direction the back of the boat was walking over to) by some small islands and with dark coming quick we just went for what we could get.... A decent prop - closer to stock 1:1 sizes would have been appropriate but we still had enough to bend the pylon pretty good.   

Come on out next year and you can help us get to a dozen...

Ahh I see :)

I'll put it on the list for next summer :)

Probably will have to brush off my bacerds bearfoot ski for it.

Maybe my favorite Logans will come too.

Tim
Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 12:15am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Pat claims he has 190 pics to post of the weekend! I've officially called him out so no he HAS to post them!

?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

?

let he who is without sin throw the first stone..

Dont you have a video of you going on a parasail ride you could be uploading and posting..

For that matter Lauren is still throwing the occasional comment out about never having seen any of the videos you took of her.. and I am sure these guys would enjoy the foil face plant you have of me...

I am just hoping Pat gets the CT pics up quicker than what it took you to get the white lake videos up.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
PicturePat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:08pm
So in an effort to allow everyone to relive the great memories from the CT mini (a couple months later) I figured I'd FINALLY share some pics. Sorry for the delay - great weekend, much in part to the Benjamins - still fun to look through the pics! They'll be spread out through a few posts. Enjoy!

Great setting - can't ask for much better!

First drive of the new boat!

Rough gig for Tique!

Trick skis in full force all weekend...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:14pm
Not a good reunion unless a little work gets done....

The Trick Ski Battle

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:19pm

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:23pm

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:28pm

King of the Hill?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:32pm

Not a bad view...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 10:36pm

And of course - no CT Mini is complete without a little time in the air

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 11:05pm
Thanks Pat. Some great calender photos there!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Thanks Pat. Some great calender photos there!

X2

Those three orange boats ( Crush, Skier, National Promo) and those ski ropes on the Barefoot plateform would make great pictures.

Donald
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2012 at 9:09am
Nice work. Thanks for sharing..
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2012 at 10:35am
Pat when Keith views these great pics you may have monopoly on next years calender.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2012 at 11:13am
Awesome pics Pat, So cool and informative to see things through another photographers eye! Thanks for getting these up.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2012 at 12:00pm

Pat, great job as always...

Great shots of behind the boats !! Loved the trick ski battle !!

But the best shots are the dogs, because they have to put up
with you crazy guys all weekend.....

Dave

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2012 at 12:31pm
You guys had a great time!
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2012 at 2:22am
well done sir. thanks for posting!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 10:33pm
I am so bummed that I can't make it to the CT mini. Work Work Work and more Work!! I hope to meet some of you guys from the CT area sometime hopefully this summer. I am currently near Lake Zoar but once the boat is up and running it will make the trip to East Hampton, CT. Having never skied behind or driven one of these boats I would love for one of you pros to come and show me the ropes. I CAN'T WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER!!!!!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 12:04am
Well, you might make next years, LOL

Congrats on the Nautique purchase and welcome to the site.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 2:45am
Is there going to be a CT mini this year? The Mustang is getting some extra attention to possibly be able to run with you guys!
Old school goin back to school!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 9:25am
Still deciding on timing, but I do think we are planning to do another CT mini.

Audio, I assume you're on pocotopaug?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Still deciding on timing, but I do think we are planning to do another CT mini.

You think? Yeah right, whatever ! Just let us know when the dates are so we can plan ahead.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic