NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

She's back out in the open!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 2:05pm
ahh I see, thnaks.
And the cover, was that sourced by previous owner? Looking for one suitable for older hull shape (pre '81) with cut-outs for tower
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 2:08pm
ahh I see, thnaks.
And the cover, was that sourced by previous owner? Looking for one suitable for older hull shape (pre '81) with cut-outs for tower
'82 Ski Tique
mull282 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mull282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 9:42am
Whats the details on your trailer Kristof

I've an 88 2001 but it sits on a modified old MC trailer. It isn't braked and would like to consider some options

Regards

Sean
Ireland
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 6:26pm
Hi Sean,

The trailer is from a Belgian manufacturer called "Riba"...
It's suitable for loads up to 2500 kg.
It has rpings and shocks (which is absolutely great).

Graham,

The cover is a new one that I had made by a guy not far from my home that makes custom covers for just about anything... And he does a great job!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 7:01pm
After a way too long winter, first time out this year... Nothing beats that feeling of the first tour on the water...

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 7:34pm
Thanks Kristof....I needed that
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 7:50pm
atta boy
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 11:06pm
Kristof,
Thanks for the video. Your boat is just like the 89 that I bought a few weeks ago (like you said yours is a little customized) and now because of your video I cannot wait to get it on the water.

Enjoy,
Wes.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 4:51am
We summerized her on saturday...
You know, that feeling of anticipation before turning the key for the first time? Priceless.
After a few turns of the starter, she fired right up! And then, that beautiful V8 rumble... Brought an ear to ear smile on my face

After that, I built in the new active subwoofer I purchased this winter. It is a small subwoofer, but I was surprised at the sound it produces.
So now we have some quality sound for the parties on the sandbar...

Yesterday, we put her in the water and drove her to the dock first. There I sent Chantal to the coffee shop of the marina to have a cup of tea while I checked the alignment...
When all that was done we hit the open water

We had a great day. The temps were still not very high, but the sun was shining and no wind.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 2:58pm
Well, winter is over here in Belgium and temps are Climbing steadily.
Never had a month of march this warm in Belgium ever...

Soooooo, time to get her out!

Now lets get started on the engine works...
Exhaust manifolds, inlet manifold, valve covers and heads need to come off. New gaskets needed, cause this old girl was starting to sweat some oil in various places... Which resulted in a not so nice looking bilge

Then a good buff, 2 new breakers in the dash and finally get my new self made speaker pod in the tower!

After that, drive and enjoy the h*ll out of her

Oh, and my boat dealer did a great job repairing the gelcoat on the keel and the bottom of the boat... She looks like new!

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 3:10pm
Sounds like you are going to have a busy few weeks ahead.

The UK has warmer up very nicely and I de-winterized yesterday but have not had a chance to get it out and onto the water yet. I am solo looking forward to dressing up in neoprene again

I do need to tow mine home and give it a very good clean but work is keeping flat out at the moment its going to be another 2 weeks at least before that happens.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 3:39pm
Very Jealous of you guys. Still looking at over 18 inches of snow on the ground and rumored 24 to 36 inches of ice on the lakes. I guess I should convert that to metric; 45 cm of snow, 60 to 90 cm of ice...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 4:03pm
Hey Kristof, you seem to buff every year. That seems excessive?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hey Kristof, you seem to buff every year. That seems excessive?

One word HW, one word: RED...

That's why I'm planning to have the red wrapped... Yes I know, not original, but it's a sticker, so it's removable.
And, from five feet away, you won't see the difference

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 7:32pm
Red is the absolute worst for oxidation from sun. Plus leaving in the water magnifies it and makes it even worse. I remember back circa 1990 I had a red Ford Bronco with a single stage lacquer paint. I used to have to buff that thing every 6 months because it sat outside. No more red anything for me.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Very Jealous of you guys. Still looking at over 18 inches of snow on the ground and rumored 24 to 36 inches of ice on the lakes. I guess I should convert that to metric; 45 cm of snow, 60 to 90 cm of ice...

Come on down! Ice off here!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 11:50pm
Kristof is all about the rub his tug!!

My guess is we are at least 30 days from open water, ugh
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Kristof is all about the rub his tug!!

My guess is we are at least 30 days from open water, ugh

I figure it will take a lot of rain for me to see open water in 30 days... I am just hoping for open water when I come back from white lake at the end of april.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 1:34am
Go Team Red?

I'm no buffing my boat until I get a waterline cover.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 6:36am
I have to damit, we had the warmest winter ever this year.
In a normal year, it would also be in april that I get my boat out.

But I'm not complaining
If it were me, all winters should be like this one

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2014 at 5:53pm
Testrun today... She's ready for a summer full of watersport fun!!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2014 at 5:57pm
How do we know that's not an old pic

Video of the Test Run-- or it didn't happen

She Looks Good out there Kristof!   

GREAT JOB
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2014 at 5:14pm
Today was a great day on the water!
First slalom of the year and first faceplant... Season has started

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2014 at 6:22pm
Wow Kristof, you guys really are ahead of us. It is already the year 2017 over there!
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2014 at 6:43pm
Hahaha, I Always forget to set the time on that darn camera

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2014 at 7:21pm
Kristof,
Fantastic vid! It's always great to see a first run when so many of us over here still have ice on the lake. It's also great to not see another bathtub picture!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2014 at 6:04am
I'm still not happy about the sound quality.
I used the remote micro of my action camera this time, that I attached on the rubrail just above the exhaust, to avoid to much wind noise.
But still not good.
anybody got tips how to catch the nice V8 sound coming out of the exhaust? Put some foam around the mike to soften the sound or so?

2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2014 at 8:16am
I splashed yesterday for the first time this season. A word to the wise - don't put stuff back together with a hangover! A hose popped off the water pump during the test. Got it in time though, temp never got above 175. Plenty of water in the bilge though.

Wouldn't be the first run without a little drama!

Good to be back out.

D.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:43am
Season number three of this topic... Time to revive it for the third time

Our "foster" daughter (daughter of a friend I know since birth, changed diapers on and spends most of her weekends on our boat) looks pretty happy too

Dewinterizing planned for next weekend.
- oil change
- new plugs
- new plug wires
- new impeller
- new belts
- and a few other little things...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 6:09pm
Posted it already in another thread but...

She fired right up! And she purrs like a kitten

1989 CC SN first engine run of season 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic