NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 1:06am
I didn't inquire about the Mustang because it was painted. Hence I guessed it had a hard life. There is a 60's 18 ft Correct Craft not far away that was covered untill this last tropical storm that shredded the blue tarp. I quickly took a look and the front seats are not original. Everything else looks to be there. I took a picture with my phone and there is a sold sign on the house across the street. Not sure who owns the land that the boat sits on. Anyone interested? The boat has been sitting there covered since I can remember 10 to 13 yrs. Sorry if we are going off the thread/s topic
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

I'm waiting to see what Craig at the old NECC does with the avacodo Green Separator. They told me that they are going to be working on both of them this winter.

Hahahaha. He's been saying that for years. Probably not going to happen this year either. Yeah, get going on that thing would you Craig , make a liar outta me. I hear that boat flies, but it takes a half mile to get on plane....cough,cough

The yellow Torino for sale on RT.109 belongs to Bob Torno of 'TORNO'S ARCTIC CAT' fame. He is on Upper Mousam but that boat hasn't been in the water for years.I have enjoyed more than one frosty beverage while cruising the lake in that rig. He owns the green Malibu Corvette boat that is for sale there as well.

Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i would keep it too. you will never be able to replace that one

I'm with the guys saying this. Those things dont come along very often in that condition. If you dont "need" to sell it,but arent going to use it you may be better off to put it up and slowly address the things needed to get it at 100%. Doesnt look like it needs much, and if you get the urge later to own another Seperator like the "One that was in your family for a very long time" you may be left with the emptiness of knowing you let that one go......just sayin

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 8:48am
Brit,
I sure hope you decide to keep it. The "cool" factor is way up there!! FYI, we had one on our lakes as well as a Donzi sweet 16. The Donzi would out run it but not by much.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 12:09pm
I'm also with the guys here.
Very cool boat!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 10:23pm
DrCC: wow that's very cool, I bet it's the same boat! Dave says that would probably have been right before his Uncle bought the boat.

brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

You may send a couple of the guys on this board to the cardiac unit with these pics.

Only because they are thinking how much dough they put into their boats to get them to perform like that and they still won't, and I am guessing this one is doing it straight from the factory. Brit hasn't mentioned top speed, and I realize it would probably be a speedo number, but I'd still be curious.

On the day the photos were taken Dave reckons we realistically got 50mph and I can't tell you all the mechanical reasons he told me as to why there was definitely 'more in the tank' but it wasn't happening that day! I have skied behind the boat many times and it pulls me out of the water, on one ski, no problem.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 12:58am
Ok here we go! im interested in your boat, call me on the price and lets talk. ive spent the last couple of years researching the separators torinos and spoilers!call if i can help 269 506 1249 jeff
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:20am
It appears to have been very well kept.

I remember installing new rudder packing, probably in '78 or '79.

That's the reason my current boat does not have an engine
over the rudder.

Go Jeff!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 8:41am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

over the rudder.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 11:24pm

It appears to have been very well kept.

over the rudder.

Go Jeff!
Hay Doc I agree, have one to do this winter any tips other than a skinny guy?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:38am
I just lay a folded shipping quilt over the engine, and get as comfortable as possible. Then just get used to the idea of beimg upside-down for a while.
And don't lay on the throttle cable.

Or, you could use a 135lb. kid, and just stand there and bark orders.

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 1:17am
You guys a too funny! Seriously cool boat. The money you are going to get out of it is surely not going to be equal to the cool points you get just owning it and maybe getting it onto the water once a year.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 9:26am

I just lay a folded shipping quilt over the engine, and get as comfortable as possible. Then just get used to the idea of beimg upside-down for a while.

It's about a bad as getting to the tilt motor on an old OMC outdrive!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 11:38pm

Hay Doc! sounds like you have it down pat Ill get a good quilt that,s gonna suck!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 3:54pm
Spoke with the owner last night! we are going to talk some more and try to make a deal i hope! boat sounds like it needs stringers and floor do to previous repairs, v drive sounds to be bad do to water intrusion internally. been sitting like tat for 2 yrs. the manifolds are good {no welding} motor has ben frozen and new block installed, hull is free of stress cracks some dings along edge. but gotta love the potential. will keep ya posted!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 4:25pm
Are you trying to corner the market Jeff ???
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Are you trying to corner the market Jeff ???
   would be nice getting one that the gell is good picture this 3 separators high speed pass side by side! nice calander pic. gonna need 2 drivers any takers?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 5:06pm
Hay Bob [separator] tell me about your boats jeff
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 5:49pm
oh, I love v-drives, a 1:1 is a weekend in the Pokono's, a v-drive is a trip to Europe...tread wisely,
put it to you this way a new BW v-drive retail is 8200.00
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 5:51pm
use it as buying power
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 7:31pm
OMG! 8200 bones Eric do ya know if you can just buy the gears? the sep i baught in main came with an extra v drive case, but rusty gears the freeport might become a donor boat.HA HA!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 9:11pm
When you want to be like a Hunt brother and corner the market,you gotta pay
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

When you want to be like a Hunt brother and corner the market,you gotta pay
I liked that!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 9:56pm
Jeff weren't you looking for a horn? Would this work?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 10:02pm
Gary! what are thay off of thay look close to what i had in mind?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 10:22pm
call me if your not busy- two two four eight two eight two nine two six
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2012 at 12:38am
Up date! owner just called and said he is going to sell boat to me! will know more details in the next few weeks. will keep ya posted. jeff
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2012 at 1:13am
Dang Jeff talk about cornering the market! Gonna have to change your handle name to Sepracons!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:46pm
New Update! finalized deal on the blue sep, sent down payment today, any body coming this way from MO?    
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:37pm
Congrats, 2 Seps, and a Mustang, correct me on your inventory? Good thing the new barn is big!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic