NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help Posting Pictures? Here it is!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help Posting Pictures? Here it is!
    Posted: September-27-2011 at 8:40pm

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2011 at 8:05pm
Good idea for a post Mike, just one thing missing that I can see: file type and image size. One of your screenshots shows a window that says "Images must be of the type jpg, jpeg, gif, png and have a maximum file size of 500KB". I think that's worth pointing out.

The other thing that's important is images fit best on the page if they are 400X600 pixels or smaller. If they are larger, it will be inserted with scrollbars inside the post, which makes seeing the entire image tedious.

The easiest way I've found to change both of these things, without downloading any software, is in Microsoft Paint. Go into Paint and click Image, Attributes (or properties in Paint 2010...don't know why they changed that) and it will show you the pixel count. You can then resize the image using the Stretch/Skew command. When finished editing the image, if it is an incorrect file type, click Save As, and change the file type to one of those listed above.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2011 at 8:19pm
I like using Microsoft photo editor. Open the pic in the program, edit picture, resize, change the percentage until it reaches close to 600X400, save and you're done!

Good catches...maybe I'll update my training program.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2011 at 10:24pm
Doesn't work
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 3:14pm
It doesnt work with an Ipad, no flash player
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

It doesnt work with an Ipad, no flash player

This is why we need an android/apple app
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 3:51pm
Thanks Mike, now that I figured out the Apple flap, will use a Microsoft computer. I next need to re-size, a pain, I suppose I will get it eventually.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

I next need to re-size, a pain, I suppose I will get it eventually.

Steve,
This is a good reason to use one of the online photo sites like phobucket. I download to phobucket and have my profile set to automatically resize. It also has a nice edit feature. Once it's loaded, all that's needed to to click (copy) on the url and paste it to your reply.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 6:44pm
Thanks Pete, I was working on a Photobucket set up yesterday, it also doesnt love my Ipad, I did find an app to work with it, and just have to get it totally configured. It is evident I will need plenty of tutoring with the boat if I can not even post photo's
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 6:57pm
I,m still not able to upload pictures! Two months ago it was no problem!? what is changed in the meantime? look at me topic "PCM Excalibur 330 in barefoot nautique" there are only little incons shown instead of pictures
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Ben#155 Ben#155 wrote:

I,m still not able to upload pictures! Two months ago it was no problem!? what is changed in the meantime? look at me topic "PCM Excalibur 330 in barefoot nautique" there are only little incons shown instead of pictures

Usually that happens when you delete them from the sites server aka storage space
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 7:13pm
I just uploaded the picure direct from my computer.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2011 at 7:32pm
Ben,
I saw your other post and tried to fix your picture.
It should look something like this:
{IMG}http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/uploads/6518/Boat_w_Trailer.JPG{/IMG}
Now just replace the { and the }s with [ and ]s
It looked like you were getting some kind of bizzaro "@" symbol stuff in there instead of your picture name. Not sure how that happened, but it's messing things up.
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2011 at 6:56pm
Thanks! i saved it as 1@50% and that was the problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic