NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 10111213>
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 11:01am
Thanks   Yes bruce/Dave I would love to see it any way I can . maybe youtube or whatever works for you guys Thanks again Peter
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 11:27am
Patricia took hundreds of photos capturing almost every piece of the reunion. As soon as we get power back, I'll post some of them. Awesome weekend.

Ken
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 1:38pm
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 6:07pm
Wow! That thing jumped off the starting line! I love it!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 6:24pm
funny    sounds like what i hope is cavitation but thrilled with the boat.. i even have the one little problem solved it now actually shuts off .......
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

funny    sounds like what i hope is cavitation but thrilled with the boat.. i even have the one little problem solved it now actually shuts off .......

I think it just might have been that split second while you straightened out the wheel. That's impressive stuff, that prop gets spinning in a hurry, almost no lag when it loads up.

I'll take you on in a drag race - deal is you have to pull 2 plug wires so we are working with the same # of cylinders. You'd still smoke me!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:58pm
Here is a second video we took where the wheel is definitely straight. It sounds like the prop cavitates a little, although I'm not sure if Peter gave it full throttle.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 10:58pm
thank you guys so much for taking those vids i really appreciate it ... Peter
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:41am
Peter,
You did win the Fastest Boat and I have your plaque. Please shoot me the addresss where you'd ms me to send it.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Peter,
You did win the Fastest Boat and I have your plaque. Please shoot me the addresss where you'd ms me to send it.

-Keith

What was the top speed?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:19am
Thanks Keith . I dont think i should except it though without it being officially clocked.
It would be great to think if Reid and bruce are correct in saying at 5400 with that prop is what they think it is then its s fast as i want to go in that hull. Thanks to you and your family for making me feel welcome there friday . maybe by next yr there will be an early wildcat hull with a big block if I have any luck in my search . oh thanks to mr meloon for that little talk .
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:31am
Peter, accept the darn plaque! And next year plan to stay until at least Sunday morning. That boat screams. Is the engine a stock vortec?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:33am
Don't feel bad about not being offically clocked.. nobody was, we were just too busy getting in as much recreation as possible before the Hurricane came to worry about such formalities. A carefully chosen committee of former winners (all of which strangely happened to be in attendence without a dog in the hunt so were completely unbiased) used all the evidence and scientific tools at our disposal to determine the order of finish and I do believe the consensus was universal. The results therefore are irrefutable, uncontestable, and in fact incontrovertible!

That is our story and we are all sticking to it!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:36am
i would say the reunion stopped yesterday morning around 9:00am. that is when joeny dropped me at the airport.Big thanks to keith and everyone who put this thing together. I have had one heck of a time Joeny is a superb host .ive got a few pictures ill put up later. once again this was incredible.
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 1:03pm
Thanks Joe and bruce . now if i can just find a 67 wildcat per mr meloon I might have a plan
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 2:24pm
Looks like everyone had a blast, it's always good to get together with CCFans!

Peter, whats the story behind the Wildcat?

I really wish we would have been able to come out and film Mr.Ralph's speech! We will have to make the next one for sure!!!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 4:35pm
he thought for the larger hull it might have the best potential for speed and stability . if i understood him correctly it was the first generation of that hull that works the best . I wasnt clear on when it changed . maybe for the 69 models?   I was thinking a healthy 502 in one ?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 5:04pm
That would be sweet! Makes sense that they would be fast hulls.

Steve Workman, you still have that wildcat hull for sale?!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 5:30pm
fast hull

or if you prefer, inexpensive vintage fast hull (my preference)

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

he thought for the larger hull it might have the best potential for speed and stability . if i understood him correctly it was the first generation of that hull that works the best . I wasnt clear on when it changed . maybe for the 69 models?   I was thinking a healthy 502 in one ?

Currently sexually excited by this idea
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 7:27pm
Hi everyone,

My daughter and I rode out the storm on Sunday at my family’s place in Maine. Amazingly we never lost power at the lake. Wish I could say the same about home. Power has been out since Sunday morning and National Grid is telling us it may not be back up till this Sunday.

Thanks to Keith, Pete MacCallum and his family and everyone involved for putting together another great reunion. Special thanks to Eric!

It was nice to see all the familiar faces and especially nice to see some new ones.

I have just under 200 pictures – including some of folks surfing behind the 230 Saturday. I’ll post some pictures as soon as I can.

Kyle
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 9:02pm
Larry Thanks Ive been the fast hull route with a 428 ford hamilton jet slick craft.. but would love to consider something donzi or formula style .   i really think i want a wildcat or barracuda hull more for the extra room over the skylark mustang.. all it took was just one look at the hart / Pinkham families Barracuda and i was a goner..
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:05pm
Well everyone,

I had a great time starting out Thursday with Sweet77, I pulled into McCallums at about 3:30pm and launched the boat and we took a ride to scout out the lake. Came back and put the cover on in anticipation of a rain shower overnight. Sweet77 and myself went to the diner for dinner then we headed back to Northwood to wait for JoeinNY and Eric which both pulled in about 10pmish... Kicked them out around 12:30 in anticipation for a early Friday morning. Woke up at 6:30 Friday morning to meetup with Keith. Keith pulled in exactly at 7am I helped him launch his boat and Eric and Joe took my 85 out while Sweet77 and Keith and myself headed out to put the slalom course in. Once done we gave it a shot in the course which we were not great lol. Headed back to dock for awhile. Later in the day alot more CCF's showed up and we headed out. Surfed for the first time and off a 94 ski nautique loaded with people. Friday afternoon my father and gf(jess) showed up about 4:30 headed out for awhile on the water and then had dinner back at McCallums then out again where my dad did some skiing. Had a late night snack at Louie's Pizza. Saturday was a full day of water activities some footing with Brad, Keith was a great coach. Then later in the afternoon I tried Keith's HO A1 out and that ski is fast, and thanks Randy for some slalom skiing coaching aswell and I will work on that next time I am out. Headed back and pulled boats out at 4pm as we were planning on leaving after the banquet. 8pm we decided to head off to our place in Vermont instead of driving through the rough weather in CT. Got to the house about 10pm and unhooked boat and tucked it away incase of any disaster(tree's were to fall). Woke up Sunday morning with terrential downpours but still had power at the house till 1:30pm. We wanted to wait till the rain stopped before we left back home to CT. Headed down the road and 2 big washouts on the road with live power lines sparking and on fire. Headed back to the house to figure out a different route. None available as there are so many rivers around major roads. 4pm we try again and run into my neighbor coming back from Chester village(sunoco gas station) as many of you might go to Okemo you take Rt 103 from I-91. They said it was clear to get out of town from what they heard. So we made it to the State Police barrakes and we come to find in front of us in Bartonsville the road flooded with 8ft of water on the road. We sat there for 3 hours waiting for it to reseade to a reasonable depth to drive my truck in. I-91 was closed in two areas between Exit 6 and 5 in VT and 27-25 in Mass, both had rivers that have breeched over I-91. We had to take Rt 2 towards Boston and down to Holyoke then back onto I-91 to I84 to Danbury CT area. Got home at 1am and couldnt beleive the trees down. We still have no power since Sunday morning. My company keoughs.com has been helping the community out by trying to get generators and anything to do with Emergency supplies. So today I am up in Danbury at Jess's here to update whats going on in my neck of the woods of CT. It has been one crazy half of the week. By the way the 85 is stuck up in Vermont till the roads open back up.

Again thanks Keith, and Pete McCallum for the great weekend on Northwood Lake.
-Phil, Phil Sr. and Jess
Ps lets try to get one more mini get together in before winter. Or if not on water can be on snow in Vermont lol...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:58pm
Phil- Sounds like quite an adventure you had in VT.
Did you hear about the lodge collapse at Killington? VT got nailed!

Cheney is headed up to Okemo this weekend. We hear there was some minor damage around Okemo. I just checked the VT AOT website- wow, there are tons of road closures throughout the state, but her route looks clear.
91 between exits 5 and 6? 103 from 91 to Chester?

Glad you guys made it home safely.
-Brad
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 2:13am
Thanks everyone for a great time. I showed up with my girls only knowing 2 people and left feeling part of a huge (if slightly crazy) family.

Keith - Thanks for setting this up, inviting me and trusting me to pull you after only knowing me for an hour or so. And I am so impressed that with just a "little" ballast and a couple of us big guys, you have a great wakesurfing boat. Let me know if you ever need more human ballast.

Greg - Thanks for the great pull on the Orange Crush. That's just a beautiful boat, it is great to see you share it with the group.

Paul and Joann - Thanks for loaning us the kneeboard and for pulling Darby on the wakeboard.

Eric - Thanks for the wakesurfing lesson. It was great to see you surf drink and teach all at the same time.

Thanks to you all I am now in the market for my own Nautique. So if you know of someone that needs to sell an SV211 or Air 206 let me know. I'm hoping to come to the next reunion with my own boat.

-Doug
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 7:33pm
Doug,
So glad you and the girls could make it out on Friday. Believe it or not, I think we had an even better time on Saturday.

I figured that spending the day with us would convince you you needed a Correct Craft. You're now in very good company and I'm sure everyone here will be on the lookout for a good boat for you.

FYI - I have some good video of you surfing behind the '94 I'll be posting soon.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:32am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

That would be sweet! Makes sense that they would be fast hulls.

Steve Workman, you still have that wildcat hull for sale?!

Yep, I still have the hull.... ready for a "Clearance Sale"?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:50am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

[then headed to our new safer haven and exciting destination of Clayton, NY, and the Antique Boat Museum. We've gotten side tracked at Alexander Bay right now for a beer(s) and chow, but we'll be checking out classic boats in about an hour.

I vacationed near Clayton for a week in early August. Stayed on Wellesley Island and had a great time. I have been to the museum in Clayton several times over the past 15 years. I was surprised this year to see the "Pardon Me" under restoration. The last time I saw it, they had it in the water giving rides for $200.00 per person. I guess that's how they are funding the restoration. This is a 1948 Hutchinson runabout. It's also 48' and runs a 1800hp Packard engine. This is a great museum for anyone interested in wooden boats.

David
86 Martinique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:53pm
Thanks to my very lovely wife, Patricia who's taking photography classes and trying to practice her skills. She captured some cool moments and very happy folks. Awesome weekend!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:59pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 10111213>
  Share Topic