NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake 2011 UPDATE !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Lake 2011 UPDATE !!!
    Posted: August-28-2010 at 2:19am
Not that I'm ready for it yet, but dates.
Ya'll wanta go with April 29th-May 1st,2011?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 11:39am
Marty,

Either works for me. I will be there.

Donald
Excel94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excel94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 5:13pm
FYI, April 24th is Easter, which might affect attendance.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 7:14pm
Hell I am still trying to figure out this weekend, but I vote the weekend after Easter for sure!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 7:14pm
Excel,

Nice Catch !!!!!! April 24 Th would be bad for this event.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 8:19pm
the non-easter weekend will work best for me. Just a suggestion here Marty, but Donald was telling me that at the midwest reunion, there were some brief instructional type events such as a shaft alignment. I wonder if that could be coordinated with White Lake or one of the mechanically minded CCFAN member/attendees. My interests would be:

shaft alignment
timing adjustment
carb adjustment
a repacking seminar
buffing tutorial

just some suggestions. I've tinkered with all of the above, but don't really know enough to be proficient at any of it. Also, it would be awesome to have some props available. I think I'm going to be in the market for an ACME 540 or 542 by then and would love to be able to try them. Seems like that'd be a good venue for doing some of that. Just trying to think of some cool stuff to make a great event even better. What do you think?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 8:35pm
I would prefer later in May, because it could be cold around Easter. It was warmer than usual earlier this year. First time I went skiing during Easter in a long time. Tommy who works at White Lake Marine could teach all of that stuff. And Thomas who used to work there, but now done the road could do it too.
Tim D
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

I wonder if that could be coordinated with White Lake or one of the mechanically minded CCFAN member/attendees. My interests would be:

shaft alignment
timing adjustment
carb adjustment
a repacking seminar
buffing tutorial

I Like these ideas, and having different props to try would be great too!

I could do a power point presentation on a stringer rebuild.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 9:20pm
Steve,

If Reid P comes, he will likely bring a selection of props to try out. He did this at the last two reunions. He did it for Marty a few weeks ago as his Mooresville Dealership. If his schedule will allow I am sure he will try to make it.

Also, you forgot to add tubing technique class to your list.

Pete did a nice job at Green Lake on the Shaft Alignment class. It was viedo taped and will go on the site when Keith gets some spare time.

Marty has agreed to buff my boat at this event. So everyone can just watch Marty buff my boat. I just have to make sure he does not paint my rims purple like his.

I would be intrested in Carb Adjustments or rebuilds. Holley 101

Alway glad to help,

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 9:28pm
Donald,
You beat me to it. I was going to offer up my boat for the buff tutorial rig.

Regarding the tubing. No self respecting CC owner would ever admit to being a tuber right? However, maybe the guy that was there last time with the BFN could give some barefooting tips. I don't know..just sayin'

Regarding ReidP. That would be great if he brought some props. I'd love to see how mine performs with one of the above mentioned ACME props. I'm hoping to get a couple more MPH on the top end.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 4:29pm
How are we looking for this event? Guiford county Schools spring break starts April 15th and we will be at Bald Head Island until the 22cnd. The 29th - 1st sounds good to me.

1973 Skier
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2011 at 5:31pm
Still speaking as the new guy, is there any chance of holding this after the first of May? I'm in Ohio and my dad's in Georgia so White Lake makes the most sense for us to get both boats in the same place. Unfortunately May 1 is the first day I can get mine out of rack storage and I'd feel like I was cheating on her if I went alone.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2011 at 10:05pm
I think everybody is so preoccupied with the River Run that this event has taken a back seat. My spring is wide open after April so whenever is clever for me...

1973 Skier
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2011 at 1:58am
I have a lot going on before Memorial Day....... Plus the Masters at Callaway is Memorial Day Weekend.

I am willing to host something at Smith Mountain Lake (SW Virginia) for those who wish to gather a little later. It seems as though most on this thread are from western NC or further west. Roanoke would be easy and the water is warm June on..........

If White Lake doesn't work out.... a mini-mini reunion at SML would work.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 7:33pm
OK guys, we need a date. I went to White Lake Marine today, and Diane said she wants to know a date, so they can advertise. Last year there was no local advertisement about it. She likes the idea of doing it during the Water Festival, so it could tie end with some of those events, and we pull our rigs through the parade etc. which is May 20-22. They are taking several boats to the Raleigh Boat Show this coming weekend, leaving on Friday, Feb. 4. She would like to advertise a date while up there.
Tim D
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 9:41pm
We can do it but we have to have a birthday party for my daughter on the 21st. She will be turning 4 and she loves "Daddy's boat". What lodging is nearby? If there there is another event going on we would need to get booked ASAP.

1973 Skier
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 10:02pm
I guess everybody will stay at the same place they did last year.
Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 10:41pm
I've been throwing some dates at White Lake, and it looks like April 29,30--- would be the better fit.
It's 'before' the season down there starts for them, we'll have the lake to ourselves, too early it might be a little chilly, too late in May-- The Masters is like the 27th.
It just seems like we'd get 'Lost' in that Water Festival. That would be kinda nice though-- get alot of advertisement--.
Kinda still trying to work out a few bugs, but if everyone wants to start chiming in with their thoughts on some dates- chime away. They said just about any date from the April 29th--on looks good for them.
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 11:06pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 11:12pm
April 29th - May 1st works for us. Really sad I cannot make the SJRR so this gives me something to look forward to.

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 12:10am
I would also be in. I do not have any date preferences right now.

That motel was great in the offseason.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 1:40pm
I'm in for that last weekend in april
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 3:08pm
All right we have a date?

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 5:45pm
Steve are you bringing the wife and kids? I am trying to convince my wife this is not just a guys weekend out so she will want to come and we could bring the kids. Any other families coming?

1973 Skier
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 10:03pm
The spring is gonna be a hard time for our group to make White Lake..... (love to go, though). We are taking time to run down to Callaway for the Masters.

I will try to slip away for a get together at Lake Norman, if we do that again this year.......... A September gathering at our place (Smith Mountain Lake) should be very do-able for us, if anyone is interested.

Steve

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2011 at 10:54pm

I think the last weekend in April is good.

Dave

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 1:35pm
Looks like I'm getting to the conversation a bit late...I don't think I can get my boat launched until May 1 and I'd really like to bring it, especially since it was a White Lake Promo boat when it was new. If there's already another event the 20-22nd I'll enter my vote for then.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 10:56pm
Ok Fella's-- E-mailed Townsend with the dates

April 29,30-May 1st, 2011.

The only reason for this, is they really want to ADVERTISE this get-together really well this year.

Radio airplay, newspapers, maybe a couple magazines!

They are really exicted about this again this year, as they commented on the 'Love' for our 'Correct Crafts'. So I'll pass more info along as I recieve it guys. Be on the lookout for another posting, as they might put one up or get Keith to Thumbtack us one on the site.

Thanks again guys and hope to see ya there!!

66 Skylark
93 SN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 11:32pm
Might have to find a flight and represent the midwest guys
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 11:36pm
Marty,

Thanks for making the effort. Count me in with my two girls and maybe the wife.

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic