NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Clinton Get together

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Locked in A48. This online reservation is great! Going to be there Friday thru Sunday. Renee and Evan may go early friday.

Paul, Lets do our best to get you here in August! We will have some killer skiing if you can get up early! If you need help with anything, give me a call and I'll do my best to help out with arrangements with vehicles.

Todd, are you guys home from MN?

Yes the online reservations are awesome, it's about time. We'll be up there tonight for the weekend if you want to run out.

Need to talk to you anyway so I'll call after work.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 6:03pm
Nope, still up north and just debating about a ski run. No boat anywhere!

We will be here tonight and leave tomorrow morning at 5:00am.

Just give me a call on my cell phone...it will be on!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 1:49pm
To everyone interested in renting a camper, I finally found a place in Mattoon, IL who does that. The name of the place is Happy Trails and the phone number is 217-345-2009. There is a $250.00 setup and delivery charge due to the distance traveled. The guy was very helpful and had many makes and models to choose from. He was able to make recommendations based on how many are in the party. Sleeping accomodation can be important.

www.happytrailsrvrental.com is the website I used. There are more RV's available than what is on the website.

It is a bit pricy, but hanging out at the campground is 80% of the fun! If it rains, at least you won't be cooped up in a motel room 30 miles away. They have 3 day/ 2 night rentals which is ideal for this weekend.

Just letting everyone know. I will look in the Bloomington area my next chance, but this is the only one I have heard of so far that rents.

Good luck!

Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 12:53am
Todd,

We'll try and make it in Aug. I think the last two weeks of Aug free. Lisa and I just put our 5th wheel on a private lake outside of Wilimington, IL. It is awesome. You will have to come join us for a weekend. Anyone is welcome to join us. There is room on our lot for an extra camper and my boat is there so we are good to go. Water is crystal clear and it has a course and jump ramp, although my thoughts are if you are over 30 the ramp is a terrible idea.

Just thought I might point out something on Lake Clinton. This lake is warm all year round because of the Nuclear Plant. This is like a tropical enviorment. Do you think that there may be some tropical fish with large teeth in that lake. I am just saying. Food for thought, but on the other hand it's not the length of life that is important but the quality.   
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 1:55am
Some stupid fisherman a few years ago tried saying he caught a piranah in the lake. Some of the locals knew who he was and figured he was just trying to create a news story. It made the news and yes, he looks stupid. Anybody who knows anything about fish....especially those...know they can't survive an Illinois winter even in the warm water discharge.

I wouldn't worry about it Paul. I have swam in that water for years and most people say I am normal. Remember...I said most.

We may have to make a trip up to your lake and check it out sometime. Sounds like a great little secret up there!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 2:03am
I was just messing around. Would be a fun rumor to start. Don't tell my wife any different. More skiing time for me. I'll try to post pics of the lake. The lake is open until Oct 1st so anytime before that anyone is welcome.   Talk to you soon.
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 5:00pm
I know Paul. If it weren't for my lovely wife looking over my shoulder shaking her head, the reply would have been even more colorful!

Your comment was about as funny as Randyinohio's question about bears in GL. It is always good for a laugh! Believe me, when you come down and have had a full day of skiing and drinkin', you will love the "hot tub" next to the campground. Quite relaxing!

I am not saying that there are not big fish in that area...so watch the skinny dippin' man!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 12:03am
Have you seen the glow in the dark fish and the 3 headed turtles.
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:05am
With glow in the dark fish we can use them at night for bouys. I call first pull.
DEF187 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEF187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 1:52am
I would love to make it to Clinton lake. I made it to GL for the 1st time this year and it was a blast! Sounds like Sept. 17-19th I might take friday off and head down in the morning, then come back on Sunday. I live in Janesville, WI. If anyone wants to ride down or car pool let me know.

Email - wards@my.uwstout.edu
Name - Scott

DEF187 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEF187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 1:53am
I would love to make it to Clinton lake. I made it to GL for the 1st time this year and it was a blast! Sounds like Sept. 17-19th I might take friday off and head down in the morning, then come back on Sunday. I live in Janesville, WI. If anyone wants to ride down or car pool let me know.

Email - wards@my.uwstout.edu
Name - Scott
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 4:45pm
Hey gang. Are these details in stone? Can someone post a nice post with all of them? Date, location, hotels in the area, etc? Sorry I have been lagging on the thread. Dad says I can bring the 90 down so let's do this! Chris Conrad, you coming with that 89? Love to see it again!!!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 4:51pm
Mike, us Iowa guys need to connect. Who all is coming with you? I was thinking of bringing the 96, but not sure I will have a tow vehicle that weekend.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 4:53pm
Good idea, I think just myself and Amye...I'll bring the 90 and the new explorer...

I'm only bout 50 mins from Clinton so that's nice. In fact...I should just come by boat...now THAT would be sweet! haha
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 5:19pm
Mike,
Lake Clinton, Illinois is about 6 hours south of you. You may be mistaken that with Clinton, IA just to the south.

I'm not totally sure on my kids' schedules yet, fall and spring get pretty busy with soccer and cheer, and their schedules don't come out until late august. I would love to be able to make it though.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 5:20pm
Well if that isn't just a kick in the nads
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 5:44pm
You guys should still try and make it the lake and water temps are unbelievable.   Worth the trip
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 12:47am
There is no way I am missing a chance to go to my favorite lake with my favorite people. Georgia can wait. I just reserved A45 we will see you there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 6:37pm
Mike????? I thought you had turned into a peach???

Glad to hear you are still around and able to make the gathering. Looking forward to a couple slalom runs with Gail so tell her to get the ski out and be ready!

Looking forward to it!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2010 at 11:46am
I'm sure she is ready to go. We cant move untill I finish my last job. It should be done in early Sept. Being that close to the fall Clinton event I decided to leave for GA. from there.
Dan loves nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan loves nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 12:52pm
18/19 looks good. Last year was a blast.
95 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 10:21am
We've decided to make a focused effort on getting to this trip. See you guys there unless something comes up.

EDIT: Reservation made. Cya in A-Loop.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Dan loves nautiques Dan loves nautiques wrote:

Dan, Sorry but I can't place you, what were you driving last year?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

We've decided to make a focused effort on getting to this trip. See you guys there unless something comes up.

Joel, Will sure be good to get to ski with you and Beth at least once this year. Lots of people we still haven't seen all summer and it's coming to a pretty quick close.

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 11:12pm
Not sure that we are going to be able to make it that weekend. It is our town's fall festival/carnival then and the kids wouldn't let me live it down if I made them miss it. Best chance we might try to make it on Sunday. We've been out quite a bit this year, but only made it Clinton 1 time.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Alan.....wasn't he the gent from Charleston that had the 94 SN? I think he was a freind of Stangs??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Alan.....wasn't he the gent from Charleston that had the 94 SN? I think he was a freind of Stangs??

Yep, I remember now, does that mean Stang's crew might be coming? Anybody hear from Gary lately? Haven't seen them all year, a parties just not the same without them. I'll touch base.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 12:54pm

Joel, Will sure be good to get to ski with you and Beth at least once this year. Lots of people we still haven't seen all summer and it's coming to a pretty quick close.

Since we'll be on-site this year, that means early morning runs. And that means slalom course deployment, which of course means fun.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 2:09pm

Since we'll be on-site this year, that means early morning runs. And that means slalom course deployment, which of course means fun.

Awesome, Dana has a wakeboard lesson tom. morning at Liquid Edge so I'm hoping they can squeeze me in for a set through the course. Last time I ran a course was with you x? years ago.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 2:37pm

Yep, I remember now, does that mean Stang's crew might be coming? Anybody hear from Gary lately? Haven't seen them all year, a parties just not the same without them. I'll touch base.

I hope Gary and crew can show up, the one time I heard from Gary this year he sent me an awesome set of bindings that matched my new wakeboard perfectly and would except nothing in return but to buy him a drink or two at GL.. I didnt even get a chance to do that...

As August draws to a close and fall creeps onto the distant horizon it is that time of year where I start to plan my annual unoffical last season ccfan ski trips, this one has never quite worked out in the past but this year I booked it first to make sure there were no conflicts. I am definitely looking forward to a second shot for some midwest ccfan comradire in summer 2010, GL never quite yields enough time to both chill and ski.     

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic